Thread: The Muppets.

The Muppets.

We got any Muppets fans here? I've recently started watching The Muppet Show, and I've been hooked.

I think I saw the Treasure Island movie once, and then my mother said I could never watch it again because they took God's name in vain or something. I can't remember. I did get the Muppet Treasure Island point & click adventure game, but I don't recall ever having finished it.

IIRC Ms. Piggy is played by (and voiced by?) the same guy who puppeted Yoda in Star Wars.

5+ Year Old Account
    saw it in the 80s, liked animal, the drummer,
    heavy metal was popular then, iron maiden n stuff

Kermit, his faces, good meme material
    Loved how excited he got at the end when he presented someone

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    We got any Muppets fans here? I've recently started watching The Muppet Show, and I've been hooked.
    Holy cow yes - brings back the childhood memories. Great show - funny, good guest hosts, great for all ages.

The Muppet Show was apparently risque for the time.

Is this like Looney Tunes, where the cartoons were considered subversive and risque back then, but are completely tame by today's standards?

How can i not love The Muppets when it had the cast of Star Wars appear on it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    How can i not love The Muppets when it had the cast of Star Wars appear on it.
    That's the best episode of the show, IMO. That or the one with Harry Belafonte.

Its from the Muppet show that I learned all about Swedish culture from their most prominent Chef.

I was also a fan of Muppet Babies as a kid.

I grew up on Muppet Babies, then was weaned off them with the Muppet Show, followed by the movies. Man, one day I'll be able to watch the old cartoons without massive cuts to them.

I love me some old school Muppets. Not much of a fan of the newer stuff, but the old stuff is fantastic. One of my earliest ever childhood memories is being three years old and watching the Muppets and being terrified of the newscaster because one time he spontaneously exploded. After that I had to hide behind the couch anytime he appeared. Swedish Chef and Animal were my favorites and I don't think my tastes have changed since.