Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who would you like to see take over as host of Jeopardy U.S?

Who would you like to see take over as host of Jeopardy?

I like.

1. Levar Barton
    2. Ken Jennings
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Jeopardy is still running?

People still watch Jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Mostly the elderly and people who keep the TV on for background noise

10+ Year Old Account
    Buzzy's been doing surprising well the last week. I assume they're shooting 5 episodes a day, so it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts next week (if he does) based on feedback.

Aaron Rodgers was stiff his first week, but you can tell he got a lot of feedback and his second week was a hell of a lot better. He's in my top few too so far.

I'd love to see Levar Burton get it, but I can't really evaluate him since he hasn't actually done it yet.

Oz was an embarassment and I have similarly low expectations from Bialik.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-05-22 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombie Alex Trebek. Accept no substitutes.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    Zombie Alex Trebek. Accept no substitutes.
    With how well CGI is... We could have a computerized version of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Elon Musk, thats for sure.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

LeVar Burton would be my choice, for sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    - Has to have a good voice. To say all the questions. That Public Speaking Voice. That TED Talk Voice. A good speaking voice, clear and understandable and not monotone ben stein voice.

- Has to not be totally boring. Alex Trebek would occassionally make funny comments, quirks during the show's taping.

Alex Trebek was the perfect host for Jeopardy. No one can replace him. I just can't think of anyone.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-05-22 at 09:52 PM.

Howard sterns penis....baba boooooie....bababooooieee....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    peyton manning

Robert Downey Jr.

So far, the producer has done the best job. Buzzy is charismatic but a bit too much so for a regular day to day episode. Idiots in this thread could use a little culture and knowledge and lay off the meme culture that is pushing us backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    With how well CGI is... We could have a computerized version of him.
    By that logic I want CGI Peter Cushing still playing Grand Admiral Tarkin as the host of Jeopardy. Real Peter Cushing would be better but dare to dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for LeVar, I've wanted LeVar all along. Can't replace a TV legend like Trebek, the best you can do is have another TV legend do the job.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Levar Burton or Ken Jennings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Mostly the elderly and people who keep the TV on for background noise
    It's actually not only extremely popular on television - usually being available on over-the-air channels, rather than cable, meaning it is very accessible - it is actually one of the more popular searches on YouTube, and full episodes are also very popular on Netflix.

Social media engagement numbers regarding Alex Trebek's successor have been very good, and LeVar Burton has gathered a lot of grassroots support to step in as his successor.

It's not just old people either; plenty of kids comprise the engagement numbers.
    I get that educational-themed programming isn't everyone's cup of tea, but just because you aren't a fan doesn't mean nobody else is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It's actually not only extremely popular on television - usually being available on over-the-air channels, rather than cable, meaning it is very accessible - it is actually one of the more popular searches on YouTube, and full episodes are also very popular on Netflix.
    There's a pretty simple reason; it's only of the few game shows you can feasibly, as a viewer, "play along" with at home. And better, there's no drama; you get 30 seconds of backstory on each contestant once, and the rest of the run time is all game. No hemming and hawing about wagers (even how much to risk on a Daily Double is minimal), no constant discussions by the hosts about what's at risk to fill time, just question, answer, repeat.

There's a solid 51 questions possible in any given game of Jeopardy. Compare to, say, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire; if you fit two full contestant runs into a half-hour slot, that's a maximum of 20 questions in the same time frame, and the rest is filler. Worse, their questions are multiple choice, making it MUCH easier. The focus of the show there is "will the contestant win the million", not the question/answer cycle itself; it's very much about the drama. Nearly everything but the game itself is pruned out of Jeopardy, and that's its greatest strength, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a solid 51 questions possible in any given game of Jeopardy.
    Aren't there more than that? Two rounds, six categories, five questions per category, plus final jeopardy.... Or did you mean due to time constraints only ~51 of them could be reasonably chosen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoz541 View Post
    Aren't there more than that? Two rounds, six categories, five questions per category, plus final jeopardy.... Or did you mean due to time constraints only ~51 of them could be reasonably chosen?
    6 categories, not 5, so 61, I just counted wrong in my head. 30 per round, plus Final Jeopardy, ignoring the incredibly rare tiebreakers.

Still, compare it to most "trivia" shows, and they come up VERY wanting. The only one that really gets close IME is The Chase, and there only because of their lightning rounds where questions are consistently cut off to save time, making it a lot harder to "play" along with as a home viewer. I like trivia games, and Jeopardy's the best available on TV. Most of the rest play up the drama rather than the trivia.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-05-25 at 06:39 PM.