View Poll Results: Anyone here got the COVID-19 vaccine which one?

Voters
80. This poll is closed
  • Pfizer

37 46.25%
  • Moderna

15 18.75%
  • Johnson & Johnson

4 5.00%
  • Astra Zeneca

9 11.25%
  • Sputnik V

2 2.50%
  • Demon Se*** (other)

1 1.25%
  • Not getting it my body will adapt

12 15.00%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone here got the COVID-19 vaccine?

Anyone here got the COVID-19 if so which one and did you have any side effects?

Yes. Just got it 1st one Pfizer I wanted to get the Moderna one since it doesn’t require as cold if temperature but 7 days so far so good arm hurt for 2 for 2 days that’s it.

Wife got the same she got her 2nd already. My Mom got the Pfizer one also she’s 70 no problems. Mother in law few friends got it too all Pfizer.

If you haven’t gotten vaccinated yet do you plan on it and based on your experience which one do you prefer if you have a choice?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2021-03-18 at 09:52 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also got the Pfizer one, as soon as I was offered it.

Bit of an ache in my arm for the following day, but no other side effects, thankfully.
    Yeah I read headache, soreness, fever, chills and fatigue hadn’t heard rash.

Hope mine is working I read that’s a sign it’s working. Wife got the 2nd dose she was alright too.

Hope that just means they alerted people in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I haven’t yet (in the last tier group). I’m honestly pretty annoyed that the overweight people are getting it before me, simply because they’re fat. Whatever, tho...

My husband managed to get his 1st dose over in Korea - one less thing to worry about.
    Fat people are more likely to die.

I got one because work required it. Some of the contracts we have are with medical facilities. Who also got vaccinated for the same risk.

Wife is a producer and works in news so again exposure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I am they’re offering it to people that are 30 lbs (or more) overweight - don’t have to have any health issues, etc.

It just kinda annoys me, idk...

Lol wow okay that’s bullshit. I thought you meant morbidly obese. It makes sense why morbidly obesity would matter.

I think all 65 and over have to at least go first if I remember correctly.

I got the Astrazeneca Vaccine a week ago today. My arm hurt and i felt like shit for a few days but now i'm feeling much better.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that’s why I’m irritated by it. I get being obese and needing it.

Meanwhile, my parents (in Belgium) still haven’t been able to get the vaccine.
    Yeah that sucks. Between telling my boss id rather wait for Moderna or I felt I was cutting in line their response was get the shot or I’d have to retire now instead of Oct.

It’s not about me it’s a liability issue. We secure hospitals and senior care facilities if I don’t get one carry it infect someone not vaccinated we could be sued. Or any other vulnerable individuals.

My thinking was it should be strictly for the most vulnerable first. But taking into account just how many underline individuals support those most vulnerable it surprising.

I’m sure smarter people than I worked out the logistics.

Just got my first hit of Pfizer two days ago. The day after I had some very mild pain in the arm and I felt.. tired.. most the day. Today I feel fine. Really no side effects after my second sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Doctor Amadeus Oh, and smokers are ahead of me.
    Lol yeah I agree with you. That’s bullshit. But if it’s just based on who’s likely to die it makes sense.

Obesity, cancer, congestive hear failure, when I got mine and took my wife it was mind blowing. It’s mind blowing.

However there are from my understanding some hospitals busted for giving vaccines to deep pocket donors. So yeah BS and people cutting in line is happening.

Hope they investigate that shit.

nah not a boomer, hopefully i get it before june though. seems the supply issues are starting to show.

I haven’t yet (in the last tier group). I’m honestly pretty annoyed that the overweight people are getting it before me, simply because they’re fat. Whatever, tho...

My husband managed to get his 1st dose over in Korea - one less thing to worry about.

Edit: He got Moderna and didn’t have any side effects.
    Being overweight is a risk factor for getting serious symptoms and dying, they should get it before you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Moderna first dose a couple weeks ago.

Been craving crickets and a hot lamp ever since, it's weird.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: He got Moderna and didn’t have any side effects.
    You couldn't get one through the military? I know of several people who were able to get one regardless of age or medical history because of their association.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't heard of many people getting the JJ vaccine or choosing it over an mRNA one after it's initial rollout.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Over here they're starting to give it to risk groups aged 65+ I think. As a healthy 34-year-old I'll probably get my shot around Christmas. Just as well, since all they're giving is Astra Zeneca for the moment. I'd rather have Pfizer or Moderna.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

other.

not yet. my eligibility doesn't come until later. as to which one I'm getting? whichever our local site has at the time. though I'll be honest if I could chose, I would go for J&J because its a single shot. I have a bit of an issue with needles being stuck into my body so if I can half the amount of times I have to do it, then I will take that option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    other.

not yet. my eligibility doesn't come until later. as to which one I'm getting? whichever our local site has at the time. though I'll be honest if I could chose, I would go for J&J because its a single shot. I have a bit of an issue with needles being stuck into my body so if I can half the amount of times I have to do it, then I will take that option.
    JJ and mRNA shots take about the same time to kick in with the mRNA shots leaving you with better protection. So why not just go with an mRNA shot?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    JJ and mRNA shots take about the same time to kick in with the mRNA shots leaving you with better protection. So why not just go with an mRNA shot?
    because as I said. issues with needles - last time i had to have a bloodtest, I almost fainted. didn't even realize until the nurse asked me to move my mask and if I could smell a thing in her hand - apparently I went so pale, she was worried.

mrna is 2 shots vs 1 shot with J&J.

in the end, I will take whatever is available in my area, but if i have a choice? that is the way I would make my choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    because as I said. issues with needles - last time i had to have a bloodtest, I almost fainted. didn't even realize until the nurse asked me to move my mask and if I could smell a thing in her hand - apparently I went so pale, she was worried.

mrna is 2 shots vs 1 shot with J&J.

in the end, I will take whatever is available in my area, but if i have a choice? that is the way I would make my choice.
    I understand not liking needles but why let that get in the same way?

You anecdote sounds like it has more with blood being drawn than the act of being poked with a needle.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I understand not liking needles but why let that get in the same way?

You anecdote sounds like it has more with blood being drawn than the act of being poked with a needle.
    no, its the needle, trust me. I went pale before the needle was out and samples were drawn (I know because I was looking away and turned back towards to her, to move my mask). its not the not liking the needles. its anything that is in any way painful, I feel in magnitudes sharp sting from needles is especially bad. I mean, it took 2 people to put an IV in me when I needed a surgery couple of years ago, because it hurt so much, I had trouble staying still and they were NOT drawing blood, they were putting stuff in.

what I'm trying to understand is why argue with me about it? the efficacy difference is about 15% according to the studies, and J&J actualy tested for asymptomatic infections as well as symptomatic ones. moreover, against hospitalization and death all both mRNA and JnJ were 100% effective, its only the infection rate efficacy that differs slightly. its not like one works and the other is placebo. they all work.

15+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend got his second dose today (Moderna & he's a caregiver) and I get my first one today (Phizer).

It is because having a BMI that is considered "obese" is a comorbidity which increases the chance of major health issues in addition to death rate from COVID. I'd suggest finding out where they are giving the vaccine in various drug stores (CVS & Walgreens are doing them that I know of) and literally stalking the store around the time they are scheduled for their last shot. Each vial gives 5-6 doses and once they make a vial up it must be used that day or discarded completely. My sister is working for a vaccine clinic part time and every single day they have anywhere from 1 to 5 doses left over that were pulled that they try and find people to give them to so its not a wasted pull. The workers are literally on the phone with friends & family saying "get over here in the next 30 minutes because we have X amount of doses to give to anyone". The other thing you can do is check more rural area about getting a vaccine there. The more rural areas are lifting requirements. The place I grew up in is on the smaller side for California areas (biggest town only has like 120k people living in it and the entire county has a little over 500k which is actually more people than the smallest populated state in the US ironically) and they lifted restrictions and are giving them to anyone who shows up at the clinic.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2021-03-19 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, its the needle, trust me. I went pale before the needle was out and samples were drawn (I know because I was looking away and turned back towards to her, to move my mask). its not the not liking the needles. its anything that is in any way painful, I feel in magnitudes sharp sting from needles is especially bad. I mean, it took 2 people to put an IV in me when I needed a surgery couple of years ago, because it hurt so much, I had trouble staying still and they were NOT drawing blood, they were putting stuff in.

what I'm trying to understand is why argue with me about it? the efficacy difference is about 15% according to the studies, and J&J actualy tested for asymptomatic infections as well as symptomatic ones. moreover, against hospitalization and death all both mRNA and JnJ were 100% effective, its only the infection rate efficacy that differs slightly. its not like one works and the other is placebo. they all work.
    I'm not arguing with you. I'm just curious. Its your body you do what want.

Again though, you story really sounds like a reaction to blood being drawn more than anything. I'm not saying you don't like needles and that you may squirm or feel nauseous at just the sight of one. The situation you described when you said you got blood work isn't uncommon at all because blood is being removed from the body. People often feel faint, go pale, feel sick as their body reacts to a sudden loss of blood. People pass out all the time. I wouldn't count that case against myself.

I haven't gotten it yet. My parents who are above 60 are still on the waiting list too.