Page 1 of 3
LastLast

question about D2 Remastered

is there going to be personal loot, or not? I need to know.If there is no personal loot, I'm not interested in buying it

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    is there going to be personal loot, or not? I need to know.If there is no personal loot, I'm not interested in buying it
    No. This was back in the day when games were good. They didn't streamline fun out because random people were inconvenienced

Had to grab the loot as fast as you could back in the day, isnt gonna change. We traded shit we didn't need then, hopefully it will remain. Best focus on MF runs and solo stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

No, there is no personal loot.

There are reasons why the system likely won't support it, since loot was often dropped at a lower than 1:1 rate. If you had 8 players in group, it doesn't equate to 8 pieces of loot dropping from a boss. You might have 5-6 drops instead of 2-3, and the rarity would be higher than what you'd find with fewer people. That doesn't really equate the same way if they tied it into personal loot.

And it's a sucky feeling to be in a big group and kill a boss and see absolutely nothing drop from it. It's not the Diablo experience. That's why D3 had to change how everything worked and gave more loot than expected because they had to maintain the whole 'Loot pinata' feeling for every individual player, meaning the amount of loot collectively is way higher than anything you'd find in Diablo 2. Diablo 2's legendaries are very rare and hard to obtain because they are not often dropped, while D3 treats them like health potions and freely gives hands them out.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-09 at 06:37 PM.

Doesn't mean you can't just solo play though. I solo play, or only multiplayer with very close friends, all my ARPGs. I save dealing with randos for MMOs and quick match pvp games.

Just wait for the bots to scoop up all the loot to sell you online just like back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal loot in D2 would be abhorrent and would totally fuck up the premise of the in-game economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Just wait for the bots to scoop up all the loot to sell you online just like back in the day
    Why would you be running (presumably Baals) with bots for loot? That's what people who didn't know any better did.

Loot comes from pindles, travs, doh3s, pit runs, uber farms, and hellcows.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Pindleskin bots were the best, since if i remember he had the highest drop rate for stuff.
    I really am going to miss maphack, that was my jam. Loved being able to see all that extra stuff on the map. mousepad was a fuckin god back then.
    .08 and .09 was the best. Im sure they will have magic find nerfed all to hell, prob use the current patch for the game when it launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    No. This was back in the day when games were good. They didn't streamline fun out because random people were inconvenienced
    yes laughing at people who had slow computers and couldn't click the loot before you picked it up was fun.

except when it happened to me ofc, then it was cheating hackers with autoclickers who did it!!!!

it was pretty bad design even back then if you ask me (or lack of design is probably more accurate for that time). but that doesn't mean it should be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it doesn't bother me that they aren't adding that QoL thing I do feel like that sis something that doesn't add much if anything to the experience. I've been playing D2 classic on and off for the last few months and theres just shit in that game that I don't remember being as frustrating as they are. Maybe I am just older now and don't want ot be bothered with it anymore but having to manually click on gold to pick it up and shit like that is just annoying. Same goes with loot dropping and having 8 people fight over who can click the fastest.

Either way I am still looking forward to play a lot of this once it's out.

Personal loot would be one of the most stupid things changes in the game.

Another question: will /players 8 still be a thing? No need to share loot if you solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes laughing at people who had slow computers and couldn't click the loot before you picked it up was fun.

except when it happened to me ofc, then it was cheating hackers with autoclickers who did it!!!!

it was pretty bad design even back then if you ask me (or lack of design is probably more accurate for that time). but that doesn't mean it should be changed.
    Don't play with people you can't trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Another question: will /players 8 still be a thing? No need to share loot if you solo it.
    that didnt work online, only in single player. i am curious about that as well though, hoping its added in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yes. It works.
    I've seen streamers using it.

Recall using a cheat, just like the map hack, to auto pick up stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    that didnt work online, only in single player. i am curious about that as well though, hoping its added in again.
    Ahh yeah, I didn't play on battle.net back then. I remember having a friend over and another 2 barebone machines from old parts in a shoe carton to have /player 4 games for more loot before the command was introduced. 20 years ago lol

What is fun about not getting loot because somebody across from you can click faster than god?

What the fuck? I realize this is how the game was, and how the recreate will be. But let's not pretend that aspect was *good*
    Last edited by prwraith; 2021-04-09 at 10:45 PM.

/Player 8

or

Learn to make quick friends in game.

Honestly, all my time playing the game I never had issues with trading loot with people and/or not picking up things I don't use. I know it was the 90s and 00s, granted I was told about my mother's infidelity a lot and I was called a bunch of racial slurs, but at least people still treated each other like humans. So we will see how D2R turns out.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-04-09 at 10:57 PM.

Don't play with people you can't trust?
    any tips on how to do that 20 years ago? when the internet was barely a thing?