Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Rares has only gotten worse and worse. To much shit to make them spwan, to many rewards with very low drop % and bad spwan rate...

Also fuck covenant locked items...I cant even grind for the items without lvling alts as it is now then...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2021-04-13 at 07:49 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Dear jesus and I was actually looking forward to start the necrolord accessory farm!
    I unsubbed months ago due to the ridiculous anima farm, but I thought drops were buggy to begin with.
    For example I got one of the inks for the necrolord toy on my Nigh fae (the mucus thing), and the achieve is not account wide. When I noticed the drop, I went to farm it on my necrolord, 500 mobs later I still didn't get it.
    I got the pack from bubbleblood on my night fae as well and I think an abom. accessory needs it (It's been months, haven't checked since). So I went back to REFARM it on my necrolord, and never dropped... I even wrote a ticket about it, asking if I have to refarm it or what's up with that but my ticket was instaclosed....
    So yeah, I agree with you, it's very annoying and the worst is that you can never be sure if it's working as it was intended or if it's bugged or whatever.

Oh looking at this thread it's pretty obvious: not many people here collect things in this game. But then again, some days ago someone brought up a very interesting data about forum activity...
    there is another plague pack that will allow you to craft the abom plague pack, which comes from the slime rares you summon at house of plagues, but yeah... also same the the inks, super annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Shit, I think FelPlague got hacked.
    Why? For calling a garbage expansion out on it's trash systems designed to increase your time spent in-game without the enjoyment?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which may very well end up with your account banned. The opportunity cost isn't just £4.

No, because the other player needs to work on their skill, which is a much bigger long term advantage. The gearing advantage is moot by the next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how a chance a day whenever is practical to you is worse than an uncertain possibility of a chance with unknown odds at predetermined times that may not fit into your schedule at all, and requiring a far greater time investment. The drop may not even be guaranteed if you manage to beat everybody else to the tag.

You tricked yourself into thinking the old system was even remotely better.
    It consumes more of your time for essentially the same reward. The old system is most certainly better until they made all old world places shared. I would have TLPD right now without wasting days on end trying to get it.

Also if you're going to lie about the odds as most, if not all were pretty much guaranteed drops, don't try and act like you're debating. You wanna talk about unknown odds it would be the 1-4% chance or lower of the ones these days. You know how many kills some people have for raid mount drops or even gear xmog? The amount of time being invested now is far greater than the time invested previously. Yes you are tricking yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is another plague pack that will allow you to craft the abom plague pack, which comes from the slime rares you summon at house of plagues, but yeah... also same the the inks, super annoying...
    I mean look at these people in this thread saying "Oh but look you can waste 10 minutes a day for months on end and it's totally a better system because of reasons"

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Why? For calling a garbage expansion out on it's trash systems designed to increase your time spent in-game without the enjoyment?
    I've never seen FP criticize the game until now, it was a joke buddy, chill out. All Blizzard cares about is you staying subbed. If you are so obsessed with collecting that you continue to do grinds that aren't fun, I'd call that a player problem. I've been a collector since TBC, and the minute something doesn't seem "fun" anymore I don't do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I've never seen FP criticize the game until now, it was a joke buddy, chill out. All Blizzard cares about is you staying subbed. If you are so obsessed with collecting that you continue to do grinds that aren't fun, I'd call that a player problem. I've been a collector since TBC, and the minute something doesn't seem "fun" anymore I don't do it anymore.
    Major problem with your philosophy, when the game was fun and enjoyable players stayed subbed for longer. Ever since they implemented this mindset to design the playerbase has gone down and down and down. I call that a developer problem, not a player problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I got the pack from bubbleblood on my night fae as well and I think an abom. accessory needs it (It's been months, haven't checked since). So I went back to REFARM it on my necrolord, and never dropped... I even wrote a ticket about it, asking if I have to refarm it or what's up with that but my ticket was instaclosed....
    They fixed it, you can craft item if you unlocked mog on any character

9.1 doesn't seem to be looking any better right now. Lots of rare stuff indicated.

Remember, Blizzard doesn't change direction in X.1 patches. These are the patches where they quickly bandaid major problems with the expansion's release, because X.1 is in development even before X.0 ships. Direction changes always come in X.2.

Then, the cycle begins anew!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Remember, Blizzard doesn't change direction in X.1 patches. These are the patches where they quickly bandaid major problems with the expansion's release, because X.1 is in development even before X.0 ships. Direction changes always come in X.2. Then, the cycle begins anew!
    That isn't true at all. Blizzard did a rework of Azerite gear for patch 8.1. They also reworked Islands.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't true at all. Blizzard did a rework of Azerite gear for patch 8.1. They also reworked Islands.
    You're mistaken. For azerite, 8.1 added the 5th ring of Azerite powers and the titan residium vendor. This was a classic X.1 band-aid. It helped, but the real fix came in 8.2 with neck essences.

For islands, another bandaid. 8.1 tied rewards to every mob on the island rather than just those your group actually kills. Again this helped, but didn't fix the problem-- islands were never actually fixed, even in 8.2. Like warfronts, most players found them inherently un-fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you ask me, they should make the Rare mobs... more difficult and give them more interesting abitlies.

The Drops are ok, nothing bad with making things rare and exclusive if you ask me
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

I dont farm rares but i do think OP has a point.

Personally though, i really liked MoP rares because they werent actually up all the time, and thwy actually had mechanics, sometimes forcing extra pulls if you didn't clear them or varied fear/telegraphed dodge effects which made it an interesting and not trivial encounter.

I miss semi challenging outdoors.

10+ Year Old Account
    the threats you faced 15 years ago aren't threats anymore.
    btw you've gotten a lot smarter too
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

What's the difference between having to kill something every day vs having to check every day if something is up and then killing it? Same thing, really.

I enjoyed farming rares in every single expansion, from Vanilla to Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    9.1 doesn't seem to be looking any better right now. Lots of rare stuff indicated.
    Stop complaining about too many cosmetics/rares/mounts to farm ffs. If you don't like it, don't do it.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-04-17 at 11:44 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    13 days have passed. And bubble bloods pack and kashs bonesaw still alluide me.

In what world can any of y'all call this acceptable? Farming so many fucking months day to day, for a bonesaw that I will never use but need it to unlock something else!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    13 days have passed. And bubble bloods pack and kashs bonesaw still alluide me. In what world can any of y'all call this acceptable? Farming so many fucking months day to day, for a bonesaw that I will never use but need it to unlock something else!
    Random is random. If you find it unacceptable you can't have every digital pixel handed to you then stop playing or stop trying to get them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

13 days have passed. And bubble bloods pack and kashs bonesaw still alluide me.

In what world can any of y'all call this acceptable? Farming so many fucking months day to day, for a bonesaw that I will never use but need it to unlock something else!
    This is so good, loving this.