Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you ever changed your eating habits, why or why not?

Yes when I got to 38 I decided to do something about my poor eating habits, I used to eat a lot of fast food and at the time I thought I was better than most people when it came to that.

The reason was for health concerns, I am biracial so 1 part of my genome is susceptible to foods with a a lot of starch and salt, so for me it was health concerns most of the males in my family start to go the wrong way in terms of weight, and high blood pressure at 40.

Still eat fast food but only on Sundays hen I treat myself, otherwise, I do best to cook or eat home cooked now that I am married. Things I cut down or eliminated altogether.

Most things with Sugar and lots of salt, bread and dairy. I have tried to go vegetarian to vegan I am 70'% There. I also limit the time of day I eat. Between 11 to 5 I will have a medium breakfast, lite lunch or snack and Dinner will be my main meal of the day.

Oh Yeah water, I drink mostly water.

Have you ever tried to get a loved one typically family or close friend to change their eating habits, if so how did it work out?

Yes, Try to get family off soda pop. I failed.

Lastly

What are your dietary requirement's do's and don'ts?

Do's:

Wild caught fish. I don't trust any fish unless I know everything about where it comes from. Whole Grains, Fresh Fruits and Veggies love broccoli.

Don'ts: Onions, Bread, Salt, Sugar
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been as plant based as I can be since fall 2019.

Love cooking new things and roommates order pizza etc sometimes so it's not super strict, but I'm not too hard on myself.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I've never had a crazy appetite so I've never been underweight or overweight. Blood panels have never showed a micro-nutrient deficiency in anything. I (unsuccessfully) try to have a high protein diet with a lot of nuts, egg-whites, whey supplements, quinoa, legumes, etc. My health guide who is really buff says double my protein but I can rarely meet the goals and when I do it feels more like a job and it requires too much planning.

As one gets older it seems necessary. I eat more fruit...and half the time bulk up on protein (mostly salmon and tuna, but occasionally grab chicken) and get more fiber.

yes. the older I get, the fewer foods my ibs can tolerate, so I had to give up on a lot of faves, or suffer the consequences. certain fruits I cannot have anymore, Brussel sprouts, I could never deal with onions but now even garlic I have to be extra careful with, I can only have limited amount of broccoli and not every day. I used to be able to eat soft cheeses, but even with enzyme pills, they fuck me up nowadays, so no more cream cheese or havarti. sharp cheddar in extreme moderation is as far as i can go. no more regular cabbage either and believe me it SUCKS, cause my mom makes the most amazing stuffed cabbage. i don't know what I'm doing wrong, as she taught me the recipe, but mine never comes out as good as hers. and I can't eat it at all anymore. I can keep going, but that's just making me sad. I did switch to unsweetened tea, mostly cause I realized that sugar started giving me headaches, and when I stopped adding sugar to tea (and coffee) headaches went away. it wasn't a case when I was younger, issues didn't start until I was well into my 30ties.

I didn't actively try to change my SO's eating habits, but he did get into a few things I enjoy cause I made them for myself, and he tried and liked them.

as for dietary requirements - see above. that and I cannot eat large (volume wise) portions, as they also aggravate my digestive system, so I eat small portions every few hours, rather then couple of bigger meals. I also tend to gravitate to fruits and veggies as a default and have to consciously track my protein intake making sure I have some with every meal, as if i don't, I end up deficient very quickly. its a big reason I cannot eat intuitively. by the time my body starts actively craving protein, I'm already well into deficient territory. so better not let it get to that point in a first place.

10+ Year Old Account

I felt all puffy and shitty for a while, so a few years ago, I stopped putting sugar in my morning coffee, severely cut down the amount of salt in my cooking, use less butter and oil, drastically cut back on energy drinks and sodas, and rarely buy stuff like Cheetos. Just to see what would happen. I didn't need to lose weight or anything (6'2", was and still 190lbs.)... I just didn't want to feel all puffy and shitty. I feel less puffy and shitty.

Have you ever tried to get a loved one typically family or close friend to change their eating habits, if so how did it work out?

No.

Do's: More fresh ingredients.

Don'ts: Don't drown your food. In mayo or ketchup or goo. It's no fun to eat what you can't even see. So don't drown your food.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I less changed my eating habits and more changed my buying habits. I can't eat crap if it's not in the house.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Yes, I've been plant-based for 6 years for health purposes.

Only everyone I know, but I greatly underestimated the power food has over people. I didn't have any issue dropping all animal products cold turkey, haven't missed them either, so I assumed it wasn't a big deal. People either get really defensive at the mere suggestion or say there's no way they could possibly give up X like it's an addiction. I've had only positive experiences since going plant-based, but my success rate of getting anyone to try it for just 2 weeks is 0 except for my spouse.

Unlimited vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, legumes, moderate nuts and seeds. No meat, dairy, fish, or eggs.
    Last edited by Lane; 2021-03-24 at 11:48 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck should i ever change my eating habits? I eat what i like and that´s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Why the fuck should i ever change my eating habits? I eat what i like and that´s it.
    You get older...it will change.

Used to eat out a lot, then a grocery store was opened quite close to my house, which prompted me to more actively prepare meals myself; nowadays I order restaurant food only maybe once every two months or so. At some point I started baking a whole lot more, which meant increase in cake and pastry consumption. Last Christmas I felt particularly heavy, so I decided to get on the January fitness bandwagon, which I'm still on. Lowered my carb intake to a minimum, pretty much only allowing slow carbs. Definitely seeing and feeling the benefits of that decision.

It's not like I don't like my current diet, there's still a lot of different kinds of meat and such I get to enjoy. The biggest sacrifice is bread, I love bread, used to eat it every morning and sometimes among dinner. I don't get to bake either. Used to bake something once or twice a week, now it's been several weeks since I last made anything. The next one I'm planning is cake for my upcoming birthday. I don't have set cheat days per se, but allow some indulgence every now and then. Oh, and I guess booze is off-limits too. Wine once in a while is fine, but I'm too carb-conscious to drink beer now.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2021-03-25 at 12:46 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    I´m 36 almost 37 and i don´t care about getting older, And why would i change how and what i eat just bcs i get older?

- - - Updated - - -

Pft as if i care about shit like this, if i like something i will eat it and no fucking health issue will hinder me.

yes when i was like 25/26 and realised by metabolism is slowing down rapidly .

i was always very active so i though i could just continiue to eat junk food but around that age i realised im getting fat really fast regardless of long fitness activities

so i dropped soda drinks, pizza/burgers / fries etc almost completly .

yes i sometimes eat in MCdonald/KFC when i travel abroad (cheapest food in airports and almost 100 % guaranteed "quality " ) and like once a month we eat pizza and drink like can of pepsi but overall i eat very healthy since then .

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm extremely active every day and still only eat healthy and always cook for myself. Worst take-out ill get is Sushi with my girlfriend. My only problem is getting enough calories in good foods sometimes. It's not uncommon for me to have to eat 4000 kcal just to maintain weight.

I´m 36 almost 37 and i don´t care about getting older, And why would i change how and what i eat just bcs i get older?

- - - Updated - - -

Pft as if i care about shit like this, if i like something i will eat it and no fucking health issue will hinder me.
    Okay we get it you are perfect and never need to change anything because you are "healthy" and will never have any issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    I'm extremely active every day and still only eat healthy and always cook for myself. Worst take-out ill get is Sushi with my girlfriend. My only problem is getting enough calories in good foods sometimes. It's not uncommon for me to have to eat 4000 kcal just to maintain weight.
    There are plenty of healthy calorie dense foods you can eat to put up 4K calories easily like peanut butter, avocadoes etc not sure if you like them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I did and it helped me to recover from sickness, which normally would take ages to cure with medication. Basically dropped all the sugars, fast food, dairy products, processed meat and white wheat bread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really changed my eating habits, ever. 52 years old and I'm still breast feeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been dieting since September last year, so yes lol. And its painful to see how much I lost with what food I have given up, eaten less of :P

A part of me does miss the crap I used to eat though lol

Most people wearing colostomy bags and using walkers have said similar.

i eat fairly well, noticed i had put weight on at the start f lockdown, have been up and down since, keep trying to change but end up back as i am bored :P

not really worried, im not too far overweight and once i can start doing things again i think ill be able to stick to eating healthy and not need to binge things which i think will improve my mood but generally dont