Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Source: dude just trust me

Lol
    Source: "My mom told me I'm good!"

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    What happens if you are getting carried? And it turns out other people are more competent than you? Do you silently cry or leave mid run telling them "sorry guys you are better than me, I accept my limitation bye bye."

People here need to get off high horse and realize they are not top dogs as someone will be always better than then. Like in guilds you always have better and worse players. Rankings, especially like rio doesn't tell shit aside from how many dungeons (or boosts) they did. All they do is to create artificial barriers.

This is why people hated rio, because it destroys social aspects and introduces rat race.
    Why should I be carried if I play with people of similar experience and skill?
    Please note that I use the word "competent", not "good" or "the best". "Competent" means that someone is able to perform a function in an acceptable manner, not that he is "the best".
    By using raider.io I don't expect or demand to play with "good players", I maximize my chances to play with "competent players". There is a subtle, yet big difference.

Raider.io did most certainly not destroy the social aspect for me. The complete opposite is true. It gives me a good tool to find like-minded people that I enjoy playing with and helps me avoid the entitled players that makes my in-game experience a toxic hell.
    Raider. io also helps me find other people that enjoy the competitive aspect of wow, what you so derogatory call the "rat race".

I perfectly well understand that players that were used to be carried through content hate raider.io. What I don't understand is why they either don't accept their skill level or better themselves. The hey-days of being carried are gone. So in that sense I can understand why some players find WoW less "social" today. But for me carrying other players isn't being "social".

And regarding your "artificial barriers" then everybody has the exact same possibilities in-game to make their own group and invite whomever they want to their group and only the combined competence of that group decides what content that group can or can't do.

People should just accept that not all want to play with them. I have done that a long time ago and don't waste my time and energy to force/convince other people to play like I find it fun, I just find like-minded people to play with.

An itegrated r.io that looks at your top x dungeons, instead of a specific score to all dungeons, makes sense to me. I always felt like it should be acceptable not to partake in some specific dungeons for whatever reason. Hopefully the blizz system is slightly more forgiving in that manner, or even if not, at least I dont have to update some shit addon every 24h.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Dear god how many years has it been you type the same things, we get it, you dont like R.io causes it exposes your inability to climb the artificial number, it was here, it is here, and its getting improved.
    Some people, like that kaminaris guy, are done really. It's pointless to argue, just shrug and move on. It's a known name in these forums at this point and ultimately it's pointless to argue with that guy, you're not changing any opinions there and it does not even matter what some fringe pound of salt thinks on that matter that does not really concern him.

Ultimately RIO is in to stay one way or another and Blizzard adopting it just shows that community embraced it, that's all that matters. You can bet the likes of kaminaris will open another dozen threads explaining how Blizzard destroyed WoW (again) with integrating RIO as base feature and people will just look at it, shrug and move on.

I'm for one glad Blizz went on and did it, because this is really an invaluable tool for M+ that only makes sense. It's simply your M+ rating, just like there is PvP rating. /shrug
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-04-15 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaggot View Post
    "Let's add a feature that is hated by the majority of our playerbase as an ingame feature!"
    Oh, NuBlizzard
    It's only hated by ppl who want to be carried. Raider.io is not perfect solution but is far better then having nothing to estimate other player's skill.

I hope this damages the "just make your own group" scammers that got carried in some high key months ago and just try to scam people into carrying them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I hope this damages the "just make your own group" scammers that got carried in some high key months ago and just try to scam people into carrying them more.
    What's wrong with making your own group?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Some people, like that kaminaris guy, are done really. It's pointless to argue, just shrug and move on. It's a known name in these forums at this point and ultimately it's pointless to argue with that guy, you're not changing any opinions there and it does not even matter what some fringe pound of salt thinks on that matter that does not really concern him.

Ultimately RIO is in to stay one way or another and Blizzard adopting it just shows that community embraced it, that's all that matters. You can bet the likes of kaminaris will open another dozen threads explaining how Blizzard destroyed WoW (again) with integrating RIO as base feature and people will just look at it, shrug and move on.

I'm for one glad Blizz went on and did it, because this is really an invaluable tool for M+ that only makes sense. It's simply your M+ rating, just like there is PvP rating. /shrug
    ye - but are players here to stay too ? ultimately wow is mmorpg and without players it cannot function

60 % + already left SL - is blizzard aiming at loosing 90% of their playerbase with those changes ? who knows . time will show.

its already worst expansion in wow history anyway

kinda sad to see wow rot and die but i guess no king rules forever. there is a reaosn why FF14 already havem uch more active players then wow.

Now they just need to make an in game version of MDT. This is practically mandatory for M+ when they make seasonal affixes like prideful. If you don't use MDT to plan your route and just spawn the prideful randomly then you're basically screwed. Also I don't like a guys like Nnoggie being responsible for such an important tool. He is emotionally all over the place.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-04-15 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye - but are players here to stay too ? ultimately wow is mmorpg and without players it cannot function

60 % + already left SL - is blizzard aiming at loosing 90% of their playerbase with those changes ? who knows . time will show.

kinda sad to see wow rot and die but i guess no king rules forever. there is a reaosn why FF14 already havem uch more active players then wow.
    See, that's the thing. You keep pulling random generated numbers right out of your ass for years and the result? WoW is still here with millions of players.

Just another MMO-C clown really with washed up "WoW is dying" crap we got tired of back in late 2000s.

But hey you might impress random 5 posts dude here, so if that makes you feel good - by all means continue.

Infracted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Now they just need to make an in game version of MDT. This is practically mandatory for M+ when they make seasonal affixes like prideful. If you don't use MDT to plan your route and just spawn the prideful randomly then you're basically screwed. Also I don't like a guys like Nnoggie being responsible for such an important tool. He is emotionally all over the place.
    About that one - don't know. I just don't see it AS critical as RIO at all and frankly in general pug and/or something silly like 15 key or below it hardly matters anyway.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-04-15 at 07:10 PM.

See, that's the thing. You keep pulling random generated numbers right out of your ass for years and the result?
    Wow is dying! The game already lost 100 % of all clowns!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Dear god how many years has it been you type the same things, we get it, you dont like R.io causes it exposes your inability to climb the artificial number, it was here, it is here, and its getting improved.
    Tough luck but I used to climb to top 300 world in my class in BfA season 2. Rio didn't really help much in this case. So you are wrong.

When someone tries this bullshit argument about "bad players" is the moment I knew they either never really pugged or never got high. It just doesn't exist. Just like social aspects now.

By the way I did unsub.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Yeah i know whats going on but at the same time after 200 posts you cant hold it and got to answer one, you know?

As most ratings system is gonna be a basic evaluation therefor mega-flawed, the same way most rating systems are, but obviously better than nothing you know?

Tough luck but I used to climb to top 300 world in my class in BfA season 2. Rio didn't really help much in this case. So you are wrong.
    "My anecdotal evidence shows you're wrong!" People arguing in 2021 right here^^ xD

- - - Updated - - -

When someone tries this bullshit argument about "bad players" is the moment I knew they either never really pugged or never got high. It just doesn't exist. Just like social aspects now.
    Yes social aspects don't exist in the pugging environment because pugging is the root of all toxic behavior in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Ff14 is so good, that it gives you plenty of time to post here talking about how much you hate wow? Lol.

If its the worst expansion, take a break from game, more importantly take a break from posting here. Go to a ff14 fan forum and spend energy talking abt the game u do play

By the way I did unsub.
    You know that is bullshit too and you still type it xd "usually" when some1 hates raider.io is because that some1 is actually bad, and with bad i mean actually bad player, terrible logs, not skilled, you name it, since you can actually get carried and still get some kind of progression but still blow at the game, we can believe your top 300 stuff and just say that you being top 300 once doesnt mean most of the other guys hating raider.io are terrible at the game, thing is just a fact, you grab 1000 players who hate raider.io, how many of them are gonna be terrible at the game? i know you can answer this and there you go, the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    "My anecdotal evidence shows you're wrong!" People arguing in 2021 right here^^ xD

- - - Updated - - -

Yes social aspects don't exist in the pugging environment because pugging is the root of all toxic behavior in the game.
    He is talking about MY experience. Read first.

Social aspects is basically what allowed me to climb back then. Quite literally. Funny but this mostly people from pug.

Highest keys I've done back then were basically done with people that I met and and realized they are really good and they communicate.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Phaggot View Post
    "Let's add a feature that is hated by the majority of our playerbase as an ingame feature!"
    Oh, NuBlizzard
    I'd be surprised if the majority of players hate Rio. Good players like Rio. It helps them play with other good players. Most casuals aren't interested in the content which rio gatekeeps. Those who are interested, with fairly little effort, can become good players for whom Rio is useful.

The only players who don't like Rio, are bad players who are incapable for one reason or another of improving themselves. It is only the player who believes they are entitled to run content they aren't good enough for, but isn't interested in actually improving to any degree so they can run that content who has a problem with Rio.

I suppose there are also people who for one reason or another misattribute some other aspect of the game to Rio, who may also have a problem with it too. However, this will always be the case so their opinions aren't to be given much weight.
    Last edited by Fenrys; 2021-04-15 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Why should I be carried if I play with people of similar experience and skill?
    Please note that I use the word "competent", not "good" or "the best". "Competent" means that someone is able to perform a function in an acceptable manner, not that he is "the best".
    By using raider.io I don't expect or demand to play with "good players", I maximize my chances to play with "competent players". There is a subtle, yet big difference.

Raider.io did most certainly not destroy the social aspect for me. The complete opposite is true. It gives me a good tool to find like-minded people that I enjoy playing with and helps me avoid the entitled players that makes my in-game experience a toxic hell.
    Raider. io also helps me find other people that enjoy the competitive aspect of wow, what you so derogatory call the "rat race".

I perfectly well understand that players that were used to be carried through content hate raider.io. What I don't understand is why they either don't accept their skill level or better themselves. The hey-days of being carried are gone. So in that sense I can understand why some players find WoW less "social" today. But for me carrying other players isn't being "social".

And regarding your "artificial barriers" then everybody has the exact same possibilities in-game to make their own group and invite whomever they want to their group and only the combined competence of that group decides what content that group can or can't do.

People should just accept that not all want to play with them. I have done that a long time ago and don't waste my time and energy to force/convince other people to play like I find it fun, I just find like-minded people to play with.
    Problem is that you (not you, in general) don’t search for competent people, you search for overgeared and “overrioed” people to have better chances to time the run.

It’s legit of course but let’s not joke ourselves further: if I apply for a 14 with my 217ilvl/1100rio resto shaman and two minutes later another resto shaman with 222ilvl/1500rio applies, I will be declined even if I’m “competent” for that difficulty level.

Again, I REPEAT, I know it’s just human and I can use my key and I can play with friends and whatever but at least let’s not pretend that the issue is not present in the pug scene.

Highest keys I've done back then were basically done with people that I met and and realized they are really good and they communicate.
    Good for you. But this is a rarity in the pugging community. In general players treat each other like NPCs and see other players as a necessary evil. If they could complete M+ solo they would. This kind of pugging environment is what removes social aspects from the game.