Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Can't blame her. First off he is far beneath her in power and importance. Second, he's shady, and the best way to deal with shady characters is to not give them the chance to sucker you.

I know he's your waifu or whatever, but he's not the most important or central figure in the lore.
    exactly

it was a good moment showing how a being like WQ, an eternal one, is so far above something we (regular azeroth folks) consider great. Loa like bwon are basically nothing and irrelevant for the Winter Queen, and this was a good moment showing that.

And ya, she told bwon to get lost and told the players "bwon is your concern, I don't care" xD She was originally not even interested in hearing him out until she heard Mueh'zala was messing with life seeds, i.e. directly affecting her stuff.
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-04-14 at 03:12 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... I don't really find him that bad. Do you play on Alliance characters? Because Horde get to interact with him a bit
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Hmm... I don't really find him that bad. Do you play on Alliance characters? Because Horde get to interact with him a bit
    I play both. And while he's an amusing character, I obviously don't find him as interesting as you do. And he's objectively not a terribly central lore figure compared to Sylvanas, Anduin, Tyrande, Thrall, etc.

Also, why would the Winter Queen lower herself to play games with some petty death spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    lol can night elves not get one (1) single cool moment since ever

when's the last time there's been an actual win for them (not Pyrrhic)

being a nelf player just feels like you're constantly bent over waiting for the next time to get rammed
    Well, no cool moments. But there's some really hot ones.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I play both. And while he's an amusing character, I obviously don't find him as interesting as you do. And he's objectively not a terribly central lore figure compared to Sylvanas, Anduin, Tyrande, Thrall, etc.

Also, why would the Winter Queen lower herself to play games with some petty death spirit?
    Uhh... The Winter Queen attends Plays her Fae do, so why couldn't she play a game of Hearthstone with Bwonsamdi?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Primus' and Revendreth's sigils remain.
    Interesting. I was under the impression that Revendreth's sigil had already been seized by the Blue Man, since he was all buddy buddy with Denathrius.

- - - Updated - - -

being a nelf player just feels like you're constantly bent over waiting for the next time to get rammed
    I already had little hope to ever see them in a good place (especially Tyrande) after MALFURIOOOOON MUUH LUUUUUV in Val'sharah lmao. But then Teldrassil came, and the whole cringeshow of the night warrior, so...

It looks like someone in the writing team really, REALLY hates nelfs lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    After they battle, the sigil is taken. The Primus and Revendreth are the remaining sigils. After you leave, Oribos is under attack and something has happened to the Arbiter I think?

The Primus and Arbiter are the 2 sigils left, not Revendreth. This is confirmed via datamined broadcast text on wowhead.

Without spoiling what happens, you're informed to protect the Arbiter at all costs as she has a Sigil and is obviously defenseless right now.
    Last edited by Myzou; 2021-04-14 at 05:24 AM.

Umm the two gay guys got to kiss?

Oh wait, I just realized. Since we know Sylvanas appears in the raid anyway, that means Tyrande will lose. Not that that's unusual for Tyrande, but I guess this time she gets to lose in a rendered cinematic.

@Aucald would it be okay to post a laughing meme to commemorate the event?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-04-14 at 09:38 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I hope Nathanos shows up with Sylvanas when she invades Ardenweald. She rescued him, but just his head. And he hovers over her shoulder making wisecracks at everyone who jobs to mi'lady like fucking Iago the parrot, because if they want to continue this stupid story, why not go full hog?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    @Aucald would it be okay to post a laughing meme to commemorate the event?
    I'll take the infraction and post it. One thousand hours in photoshop to turn it purple in your honor.

Also apparently she wins but cooks herself up with her powers and is put to sleep by Ysera and also Sylvanas still achieves her goal. The sad part is that this is still the best showing of the Night Warrior thus far. In another few expansions she might actually win a straight fight. Keep at it, Blizzard, you're making progress.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

This Tyrande needs to show some unique abilities, or else this is a waste of time. She got her new power-up like 2 years ago, and all she's done so far is cast a bunch of generic moon blasts (that druids learn at like level 5???) and get outplayed by Nathanos and the Val'kyrs. Oh and she killed Nathanos I guess, but it's not like anyone cares. Not even Nathanos cared, in fact he actually asked Tyrande to kill him.

Oh, and she was able to repel the Mawsworn abductors, I guess... I mean it's not like we see Jaina and Thrall kill dozens of them in the Maw anyway.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Sylvanas need to get away, but hopefully this won't be another case like the Darkshore scenario where the playerbade had to beg the writers to at least make Tyrande competent against fodder.

Though I am not holding my breath. The closest they got to making Tyrande capable after the Night Warrior in a way that seems commensurate to her powers was when she crushed Nathan's, and even then they didn't seem capable of making it seem like she properly won.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, drug metaphor or not, Tyrande isxsupposed to have the power of a god, and Sylvanas is the person directly responsible for the death of so many Nelves, at least have her get som revenge here without making the writers nelf hate obvious.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll take the infraction and post it. One thousand hours in photoshop to turn it purple in your honor.

Looks more like a night elf though than a void elf.

So, this chapter of the Shadowland's story is done as well, there's really not much left except the finale with the Jailer then.

Especially when you consider this:

Sylvanas follows the traverse of the players greeting them for a final showdown between Death and inevitability in the Jailer’s Master Plan.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...poilers/936857

Something in between defeating / killing Sylvanas and the final fight with the Jailer makes not much sense anymore.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-14 at 10:16 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So, this chapter of the Shadowland's story is done as well, there's really not much left except the finale with the Jailer then.

Sylvanas follows the traverse of the players greeting them for a final showdown between Death and inevitability in the Jailer’s Master Plan.

Something in between defeating / killing Sylvanas and the final fight with the Jailer makes not much sense anymore.
    Yep, I said that in the 9.x Speculation Thread. We also have evidence that the Jailer is preparing for an assault on Oribos itself (the sky around Oribos is literally twisted by the Maw energy), and we know from Primus that Jailer's endgame is the Arbiter (whom he referred to as "the final key").

Blizzard is speed-running the Shadowlands expansion so clearly. Both Kel'thuzad and the Ardenweald Invasion could have been standalone content patches, instead they are reduced to part of 9.1.

If there's a 9.3 it will be about the Light/Void (another plot, maybe a set-up for next expansion), otherwise this expansion isn't going past 9.2, which will be the Jailer patch.

Yeah, feels like WoD 2.0 in any case. They can contrive something with the Arbiter as a mid-way boss or Devourers or something, but I don't see them doing so since they need to churn down a new expansion by next year. This one will almost definitely be cut short like the last expansion about a Warchief traveling through time.

Then again I'm hard-pressed for a middle story that you could even add with this setup, Kel'thuzad can carry his own raid rather than be a side boss in this one but past that it's an extremely linear and focused bit that doesn't give much room for diversions.

@BaumanKing

For my next attempt he'll have a void background or be carrying the Communist manifesto so there's no confusion.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I mean, with 9.1 all of the Shadowlands' zones are finished:

Revendreth: Denathrius & Castle Nathria - check
    Bastion: Archon's key stolen by Anduin & Uther being "redeemed" - check
    Maldraxxus: liberated, Primus "returned" and Kel'Thuzad being a raid boss - check
    Ardenweald: Heart of the Forest assaulted, key stolen - check
    The Maw: assault on the Maw by the Covenants plus the Sylvanas raid - check

There's nothing left for the Shadowlands we know. It makes barely any sense to just introduce a completely new part of Shadowlands in a potential 9.2 patch with some kind of throwaway raid when the Jailer basically has everything he got or is able to get it: the keys, to reach Oribos and the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yep, I said that in the 9.x Speculation Thread. We also have evidence that the Jailer is preparing for an assault on Oribos itself (the sky around Oribos is literally twisted by the Maw energy)...
    9.1 is setting the stage for the finale with the Jailer. I mean even the game itself states that. As you said: even the sky around Oribos is indicating that we're heading towards the showdown.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-14 at 10:31 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, with 9.1 all of the Shadowlands' zones are finished:

Revendreth: Denathrius & Castle Nathria - check
    Bastion: Archon's key stolen by Anduin & Uther being "redeemed" - check
    Maldraxxus: liberated, Primus "returned" and Kel'Thuzad being a raid boss - check
    Ardenweald: Heart of the Forest assaulted, key stolen - check
    The Maw: assault on the Maw by the Covenants plus the Sylvanas raid - check

There's nothing left for the Shadowlands we know. It makes barely any sense to just introduce a completely new part of Shadowlands in a potential 9.2 patch with some kind of throwaway raid when the Jailer basically has everything he got or is able to get it: the keys, to reach Oribos and the Arbiter.

9.1 is setting the stage for the finale with the Jailer. I mean even the game itself states that. As you said: even the sky around Oribos is indicating that we're heading towards the showdown.
    Yeah, its a shame they did not add more "pre" patch stuff to the game. With 9.2, they have to make things up again, with no real build-up made in the expansion launch.

But then again, we might also see something surprising, something that would catch us off guard.......

Or we might just see a mid-story turnaround, like in WoD. Suddenly out of nowhere, the Naaru arrives and assualt us... or something dumb like that xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Anduin might still end up being a raid tier end boss.

I actually think that we'll defeat the Jailer in 9.2 and as final boss in 9.3, Anduin will be the key leading into the next expansion, possibly Light/Void themed.