Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I never understood that overhyped trash. Under normal circumstances Sylvannas could have been killed by most powerhouses in Azeroth. However with her new Jailer buddy she lives on borrowed power that aparently can take on anything, create any power right of Danuser's butt and also has all the experience the Jailer has and we are talking about experience of millions of years. As they written her right now her power is limitless and I have a feeling that if Blizzard wanted it she could have ended the Alliance, the Horde, the heroes and the champions right at the gates of Orgrimmar and then she could have killed Nzoth by herself if she could. The only good thing is that I will take great pleasure of ending her in the raid and taking her cloak as loot.
    You know it's pretty funny when you think about it. She's empowered by the Jailer, alright, but Tyrande is empowered by ELUNE, an entity that clearly transcends the Eternal Ones (she might be one of the First Ones), so why exactly can't Tyrande simply oneshot this fodder?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You know it's pretty funny when you think about it. She's empowered by the Jailer, alright, but Tyrande is empowered by ELUNE, an entity that clearly transcends the Eternal Ones (she might be one of the First Ones), so why exactly can't Tyrande simply oneshot this fodder?
    The Night Warrior ritual seems to be a latent power-up, tapping into a pre-existing conduit of power via said ritual. Sylvanas' power-up is more direct, in this case the Jailer consciously pouring power into Sylvanas to achieve whatever goal(s) she's been tasked with. We don't really know if Elune is actively feeding power into Tyrande on a conscious level, or if the Night Warrior empowerment has a top-end and if Tyrande has reached it or not. We know she's becoming more and more powerful, though; even if said power threatens to become lethal to her over time. Also possible that as an undead being Sylvanas has a greater capacity to store the power of a greater being as opposed to a mortal being such as a Tyrande.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well, have you seen DBS? Well, Goku has this thing called Ultra Instinct, which is the power of the Angels basically. And the Angels are among the most powerful beings in the Dragon Ball Multiverse.

Goku used this power in the Tournament of Power against Jiren, and completed it "accidentally". However, after he beat Jiren in UI, his body collapsed on itself and raw amounts of energy exploded around him. The toll the power had on his body was too great.

Now, think of that, and put it to Tyrande. Tyrande only lost cause her power caused a massive toll on her body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Night Warrior ritual seems to be a latent power-up, tapping into a pre-existing conduit of power via said ritual. Sylvanas' power-up is more direct, in this case the Jailer consciously pouring power into Sylvanas to achieve whatever goal(s) she's been tasked with. We don't really know if Elune is actively feeding power into Tyrande on a conscious level, or if the Night Warrior empowerment has a top-end and if Tyrande has reached it or not. We know she's becoming more and more powerful, though; even if said power threatens to become lethal to her over time. Also possible that as an undead being Sylvanas has a greater capacity to store the power of a greater being as opposed to a mortal being such as a Tyrande.
    Also this. Doesn't help that the Jailer ATM is among Sargeras lvl in terms of power, which makes Sylvanas around Azshara to Eredar Lord lvl in power. Possibly could be Avatar of Aggramar lvl, ngl.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, feels like WoD 2.0 in any case. They can contrive something with the Arbiter as a mid-way boss or Devourers or something, but I don't see them doing so since they need to churn down a new expansion by next year. This one will almost definitely be cut short like the last expansion about a Warchief traveling through time.
    ...I guess it makes sense that immediately following MoP 2.0 would be WoD 2.0. Maybe they'll remember after Light vs. Void aka Legion 2.0 to actually move forward.

The inevitable next step in the equivalency is a bound Sylvanas, tortured for failure, being released to declare that the Shadowlands are free.

Alternatively the only deviation from almost the same damn beats would be "You thought I'd be another Garrosh, but it was I, Gul'dan!"

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    At the end of the day the 'who's more powerful' argument stops mattering because Warcraft lore is like DC and Marvel lore. You routinely have Gods on the scale of annihilating multiverses running around and being defeated by the Heroes, meanwhile in the next issue Batman is getting slapped around by the Riddler. Even if there was any consistency it wouldn't matter anyways.

If there is only 1 rule it is that enemies are always slightly less powerful than 25 player characters plus the contrived plot device of the season.
    You're not wrong. Also doesn't help that the Jailer is essentially WoW's Darkseid. He wants to claim Life and Death for himself, the same way Darkseid wanted the Anti-Life Equation, which gives him the power to rule over Life and Death across all existence. He even acts like him too LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    You're not wrong. Also doesn't help that the Jailer is essentially WoW's Darkseid. He wants to claim Life and Death for himself, the same way Darkseid wanted the Anti-Life Equation, which gives him the power to rule over Life and Death across all existence. He even acts like him too LMAO
    Haha yeah the Darkseid comparison is perfect. He even looks kinda like him too. All he's missing are sick eye beams. They should have modeled him with his hands behind his back all the time.

so why exactly can't Tyrande simply oneshot this fodder?
    cause sylvanus has ol' Danuser waifu power up, which transcends all in-game powers and is the best plot armor a character can have~

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Haha yeah the Darkseid comparison is perfect. He even looks kinda like him too. All he's missing are sick eye beams. They should have modeled him with his hands behind his back all the time.
    I was kind of half-expecting the Jailer to shoot Omega Beams at us at some point. Might be a good easter egg for a raid ability he has in the final Shadowlands raid.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

You seriously think the Jailer's not gonna do Domination Beams at us? LMAOOO

- - - Updated - - -

I was kind of half-expecting the Jailer to shoot Omega Beams at us at some point. Might be a good easter egg for a raid ability he has in the final Shadowlands raid.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!

But Darkseid is really cool as a bad guy. Jailer is not.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    But Darkseid is really cool as a bad guy. Jailer is not.
    I like the Jailer tho.

Also, Darkseid has like...500 comics and animated shit about him. The Jailer has an expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the move info I see the more I kinda hope they pull a wod.

I like shadowlands systems and gameplay direction but I just can’t bring my self to care about the theme or story and really just wish we could have this design direction on an Azeroth expan.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Honestly the move info I see the more I kinda hope they pull a wod.

I like shadowlands systems and gameplay direction but I just can’t bring my self to care about the theme or story and really just wish we could have this design direction on an Azeroth expan.
    I love the story so far. Makes it seem like we're expanding beyond threats like Sargeras, instead of focusing on the whole Old God BS again.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love the story so far. Makes it seem like we're expanding beyond threats like Sargeras, instead of focusing on the whole Old God BS again.
    Cosmic threats have always been the Least interesting part to me I want to see Azeroth and the people the things on it.

For all BFA’s fault I absolutely loved that Azeroth was a key focus again and that we got to see places we knew about but hadn’t been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    She's spent a good portion of it off-screen or being hyped up without doing anything. I am sure the cutscene itself will be great visually, but it won't make up for the bad shake the character's gotten and how flat this power up is.

@TheramoreIsTheBomb

Do we know the order of the Covenant quests? Is this the final or towards the middle? Put another way does the Jailer get all of them by the time of the raid.
    The war of the ancients dungeon showed how powerful she was without the nightwarrior buff, but she was standing right next to the well of eternity so /shrug. Idk.. the "feats" shes shown so far seem kinda lame. Jaina would probably beat her.

In the meantime Garrosh appears again but I have no idea what role he is gonna play when the boss he's on is defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    lol can night elves not get one (1) single cool moment since ever

when's the last time there's been an actual win for them (not Pyrrhic)

being a nelf player just feels like you're constantly bent over waiting for the next time to get rammed
    What man? We just had an Illidan expansion lol. Going through his early days up to BT , Rezzing him in Nighthold (awesome cinematic btw), Going through his history of ToS raid after he helped lead the broken shore excursion, Took the fight to argus and Eyebeam blasted a N'aaru to pieces then stayed with the Pantheon to lock down Sargeras. When was there a win for a Night elf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Let's not forget that the Jailer can actively gauge her capacity and fortify her body to handle the power. Tyrande pretty much just opened the line and clearly can't deal with what she's getting, so on some level it might actually be actively hindering her since she needs to focus her attention on simply staying alive.

I have an even better question. If the Jailer empowered Sylvannas who was just a better than average archer that much to be able to kill anything then how much more powerful Anduin is who was already a powerhouse before meeting the Jailer? I mean we did see him bringing down an Eternal One with one strike and killing his whole court singlehandedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I have an even better question. If the Jailer empowered Sylvannas who was just a better than average archer that much to be able to kill anything then how much more powerful Anduin is who was already a powerhouse before meeting the Jailer? I mean we did see him bringing down an Eternal One with one strike and killing his whole court singlehandedly.
    "How powerful is Anduin?"

He's literally the Jailer's Avatar.