Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Where is the proof of that? Innocent until proven guilty right? What if he was taking a break and wasn't available for future work so Blizzard hired a new actor. And to get him prepared gave him the old lines to practice and decided to just use them. Or are planning on the character having an expanded role in the future so made everything to match just because they could.

You can't have it both ways. You are trying to cancel Blizzard over this decision with out knowing any facts of why they did what they did. Stop being the problem if you want a solution.
    The guy voiced Kael for the past 15 years, my fucking god. How can you be THIS DENSE?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Do you ever rehearse being this disingenuous or does it just come naturally to you?
    So you think it is fine to assume someone is guilty of something with out any proof?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh okay -- so information I don't know that puts a hole in your theory... well, I'm just making shit up. But when you do the same fucking thing, who cares? I mean, we can all agree that Blizzard sucks, right?
    I will reply to this again once those lines are changed as well.

And I bet you won't have the guts to even acknowledge it at that time.

See you then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    The guy voiced Kael for the past 15 years, my fucking god. How can you be THIS DENSE?
    I never said he didn't. For someone accusing someone of being dense you sure don't seem to understand anything being stated.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So you think it is fine to assume someone is guilty of something with out any proof?
    Impressive mental gymnastics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Impressive mental gymnastics.
    You took offense to what I was saying. I was saying that Blizzard needs to be treated innocent if there is no proof of guilt. And there is no proof of a reason why Blizzard did this.

I will reply to this again once those lines are changed as well.

And I bet you won't have the guts to even acknowledge it at that time.

See you then.
    I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I fully admit that this is exactly the kind of shallow, tone deaf over-reaction that a massive corporate entity completely out of touch with reality would have. And after the fuck up with Blitzchung, they might even think this is a necessary measure to get ahead of the inevitable backlash. That's entirely possible, plausible and even the most likely reason this happened. But I don't know any more than you and (personally) I'm hesitant to jump on the anti-PC circlejerk when there is absolutely zero substantiating evidence to back it up.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-04-15 at 01:36 AM. Reason: words and shit

You took offense to what I was saying. I was saying that Blizzard needs to be treated innocent if there is no proof of guilt. And there is no proof of a reason why Blizzard did this.
    I know. Very smort clever "no u." Do you go to reddit often?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know. Very smort clever "no u." Do you go to reddit often?
    How are you that upset over a person saying Blizzard should not be treated as guilty over speculation and rumors. Why shouldn't people be called out for doing the same thing they accuse others of doing? Why do they get a free pass? Because it is cool to hate on Blizzard/Activision?

Re-recording his lines? Was that necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I fully admit that this is exactly the kind of shallow, tone deaf over-reaction that a massive corporate entity completely out of touch with reality would have. And after the fuck up with Blitzchung, they might even think this is a necessary measure to get ahead of the inevitable backlash. That's entirely possible, plausible and even the most likely reason this happened. But I don't know any more than you and (personally) I'm hesitant to jump on the anti-PC circlejerk when there is absolutely zero substantiating evidence to back it up.
    Re-recording 15 year old lines in order to remove him completely is the exact opposite of zero evidence when no other voice-work received this treatment before.

But sure, you do you, (personally) I choose not to be oblivious to the world around me.

So I'll see you when the "gotcha" moment happens.

How are you that upset over a person saying Blizzard should not be treated as guilty over speculation and rumors. Why shouldn't people be called out for doing the same thing they accuse others of doing? Why do they get a free pass? Because it is cool to hate on Blizzard/Activision?
    Nobody's upset. Just not impressed by your attempts to equate two things that aren't equivalent in the eyes of anyone with more than two working braincells.

Blizzard going out of their way to scrub and replace voice lines from content from over a decade ago hot on the heels of a controversy regarding the original voiceactor

vs

A voice actor being accused of something with minimal evidence of actual misconduct and a court case that was won by them.

Nobody's upset. Just not impressed by your attempts to equate two things that aren't equivalent in the eyes of anyone with more than two working braincells.

Blizzard going out of their way to scrub and replace voice lines from content from over a decade ago hot on the heels of a controversy regarding the original voiceactor

vs

A voice actor being accused of something with minimal evidence of actual misconduct and a court case that was won by them.
    Mate, you way overgear this encounter.

Don't do boosting for free.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doing something based on allegations is no different then people in this thread going after Blizzard based on speculation. Both are creating outrage over rumors. Both are bad things to do. If you are willing to over look innocent until proven guilty to attack Blizzard then you really don't care about that concept.

Which is usually the case with those who cry about cancel culture the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    While I totally get their reasoning if they have plans for Kael'thas moving forward and don't want to employ a potential sexual predator, I'm really not a fan of the way the new VO delivers his lines. They unfortunately lack charisma.
    Sorry, but this is ridiculous just like the Zalae thing. Actually this is MORE ridiculous considering the complaints against this guy are that he sent messages both directly and on message boards etc which is 100% provable and traceable....and yet I can't find anything saying he has been charged or convicted or even still as "grooming" is one of the allegations which I don't think is illegal, but at least considered immoral. Can't find a screenshot of anything or even the accusations themselves as the twitter handle compiling them is private to only followers.

The thing that gets me in both the Zalae and this case is....neither of them have commented on it. To me not trying to defend your name does evoke an assumption of guilt. It would be nice if Blizzard was transparent if both of them somehow when confronted by them said "yeah it's not wrong I did it" and that led to these things instead of looking scummy and just acting on allegations which opens you up to situations like the boy from mattress girl's case who settled with his college for an undisclosed amount.

On the flip side, the douche bag side of me is like "they both look like they did it."

Re-recording 15 year old lines in order to remove him completely is the exact opposite of zero evidence when no other voice-work received this treatment before.

But sure, you do you, (personally) I choose not to be oblivious to the world around me.

So I'll see you when the "gotcha" moment happens.
    Without informed insider information, neither you nor I have any idea how or why this decision was made. You're using "it's never happened before" as your smoking gun when it's purely circumstantial. Accusing me of being "oblivious" and other ridiculous ad hominems weaken your argument. I get it, though, you need to feel validated in your opinion that BRAND did an Oopsie-Doopsie-Poopsie-Whoopsie. Have fun out there, my guy.

Blizzard sucks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand Blizzard doing new voice work and bringing in a new Voice Actor because of many reasons. They did that with Bwonsamdi. The old Voice Actor still has his lines in the game IIRC.

What Blizzard has done, instead, is completely delete the old Voice Actor's lines, and re-record them with someone else. Rumor has it they also applied these new Voice Lines to TBC Classic as well. All over Accusations and Hearsay. Nothing proven in a court of law.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I haven't actually found any accounts of him doing something illegal. He's possibly sleazy, a womanizer and an adulterer... Like what, 30% of people in a relationship? Meh.

But if the creators of the game don't wanna deal with that, or perhaps they know something as of yet undisclosed that's bound to leak, then have at it. Kael'thas was never more than a loot pináta to me so his voice is meaningless.

Was far more annoyed with the change to Lor'themar's voice back in 8.1... Jesus, he sounded awful there for a while.
    Some of it supposedly involves grooming which while not illegal is abhorrent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I can understand Blizzard doing new voice work and bringing in a new Voice Actor because of many reasons. They did that with Bwonsamdi. The old Voice Actor still has his lines in the game IIRC.

What Blizzard has done, instead, is completely delete the old Voice Actor's lines, and re-record them with someone else. Rumor has it they also applied these new Voice Lines to TBC Classic as well. All over Accusations and Hearsay. Nothing proven in a court of law.
    I'm assuming the deletion is probably due to him getting some sort of royalties or something from both currently still being used in game and then he would get them from TBC. Honestly I think it has more to do with TBC Classic than live. Did he have any voicelines outside of TBC? If not it makes perfect sense then that if they recorded them for classic to avoid paying him to just shoot them over to live.

Wonder who was the controller/director who approved the budget/cost of re-recording old lines, what a waste of time/money. Not to mention the other underlying issues with this. Thought that cinematic with kael and kel, kael sounded off, I assume that must of been the new guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I'm assuming the deletion is probably due to him getting some sort of royalties or something from both currently still being used in game and then he would get them from TBC. Honestly I think it has more to do with TBC Classic than live. Did he have any voicelines outside of TBC? If not it makes perfect sense then that if they recorded them for classic to avoid paying him to just shoot them over to live.
    He had a raid encounter in the first tier of this expansion.

He's a pretty major lore figure through the Venthyr Covenant story line.

Not to derail but... where you been the last year?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything