Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Do you still play for fun???

Fun is an illusion nowdays. After Legion, i felt hooked up for the idea of SL. That execution though...
    a) ZERO class fantasy: No class related quests. No class tiers. Idiotic class priority covenant selection (because fairies and warlocks match). 10 years now, mostly the same class spells(pruned in the way)/different dmg rotation...
    b) NO REWARD SYSTEM. Only for PvPers. Rest, rng above rng and this happens rarily. Mythic+ runs with a high chance of no loot at the end. World quests with max 194ilvl gear. Raid bosses loot, once in a blue moon. Absolutely IDIOTIC 9.0.5 valor system with only mythic+ burning to get value from it. Torg'hast with ZERO character progression rewards. And with this, goes the
    c) WE FORCE YOU TO GROUP. THE CANCER OF ALL. Where the RPG element in this game??? Why a good solo challenge like Torg'hast has 0 gear loot? As i am forced, if i want to gear up, to do raids (which for me, along with dungeons and PVP, are the only true reasons to group up), I WANT ALSO TO BE ABLE TO DO SOLO CONTENT FOR MY PROGRESSION AND IF IT EXISTS, SO I WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR IT. They say they don't want it to feel mandatory. So what? I didn't ask for better loot than raids/pvp. Why this autism of repeating dungeons again and again (aka Mythic+) rewards loot then???

I really dont get why the majority of people play this game anymore. For the pride of being high in RIO/ilvl/DPS scores?? So what? What u remember after a game night?? Your scores instead of your class character progression.

P.S i play since Vanilla, and i found this game awesome at its
    first 8 years. This game now reminds me a Meditterenean Public Company, where the employers are burning by doing the same thing every day and only watch about the numbers.

why would i play if it wasn't for fun ? It's a game not a job, the instant when i would not have fun anymore, i would stop do another thing

Play classic then

3+ Year Old Account
    I do, yes. But I also play for RP and stuff to do, like old dungeons/raids
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I do, yes. But I also play for RP and stuff to do, like old dungeons/raids

So you do have fun with parts of game?
    What’s the point of this thread? To have people say “I don’t have fun, but I must play, because that’s what the blizzard voices in my head tell me to”.

These threads are so far fetched and offer no real discussion, except open up for more “the game sucks” replies.

Yea I play for fun. Lately I log in less than at launch, but that is normal.

I like SL for real

If you don't play for fun, you're either a proffesional who relies on income from playing or you have trouble letting go.

I play for fun, when I stop having fun, I stop playing. Like i've done in the past.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The problem here is why those "classic" feats have faded along the way, only to be replaced by this "numbers and statistics" approach. Where is the MoP class design? Why instead of further developing the class, to have burrowed systems like covenants etc. Where is the option of rewarding yourself by doing a solo challenge. An MMO is not a game which forces you to group, but gives you the option to make friends and do stuff together (which only on Raids/dungeons makes sense btw). Where is the solo q option of doing rated PvP stuff? Why we have this cancer lfg system, where you can w8 for hours and everyone will leave after a loss in arena. This game with all this lore and fantasy (initially) deserves far better.

I don't play, so I don't play for fun or for any other reason.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Ive always played for fun... that is why im currently playing classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistered View Post
    Fun is an illusion nowdays. After Legion, i felt hooked up for the idea of SL. That execution though...
    a) ZERO class fantasy: No class related quests. No class tiers. Idiotic class priority covenant selection (because fairies and warlocks match). 10 years now, mostly the same class spells(pruned in the way)/different dmg rotation...
    b) NO REWARD SYSTEM. Only for PvPers. Rest, rng above rng and this happens rarily. Mythic+ runs with a high chance of no loot at the end. World quests with max 194ilvl gear. Raid bosses loot, once in a blue moon. Absolutely IDIOTIC 9.0.5 valor system with only mythic+ burning to get value from it. Torg'hast with ZERO character progression rewards. And with this, goes the
    c) WE FORCE YOU TO GROUP. THE CANCER OF ALL. Where the RPG element in this game??? Why a good solo challenge like Torg'hast has 0 gear loot? As i am forced, if i want to gear up, to do raids (which for me, along with dungeons and PVP, are the only true reasons to group up), I WANT ALSO TO BE ABLE TO DO SOLO CONTENT FOR MY PROGRESSION AND IF IT EXISTS, SO I WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR IT. They say they don't want it to feel mandatory. So what? I didn't ask for better loot than raids/pvp. Why this autism of repeating dungeons again and again (aka Mythic+) rewards loot then???
    These are all statements born from you not playing for fun.

Giving a shit about parses(mentioning classes taking a specific covenant.)
    Only wanting to do things for the rewards.
    Complaining about being forced to group in a massively multiplayer game is a "play a different game" problem and has literally always been true in WoW by your reasoning.

I don't get why people like you who obviously don't play for fun play the game either. If you want to play a different game, fine. Play a different game instead of trying to change the game I'm enjoying because you're addicted.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2021-04-16 at 12:15 PM.

I only play games for fun while wasting time.

There is no other good reason to do so in my book.

Mostly because of the few people I play with.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Why else would you play a game?

Yes, I play for fun. When its not fun, like BfA, I unsub.

Its like magic!

I still play mythic+ for fun with my casual group. As in even if i don't need anything.
    But, i don't play WoW for fun. I play it cause i got friends to play with. I personally would have picked a different mmo.

Why still? I have always and am I still playing WoW because it is fun!

I love the competitive co-operative aspect of WoW! Raiding! M+!! Pushing yourself with like-minded people. It is awesome!!!

Ah yes, the universal definition of fun strikes again. In the OP's case, "fun" just means "Hey, why isn't the game MoP still?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I too LOVE to CAPITALIZE random WORDS.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    These are all statements born from you not playing for fun.

Giving a shit about parses(mentioning classes taking a specific covenant.)
    Only wanting to do things for the rewards.
    Complaining about being forced to group in a massively multiplayer game is a "play a different game" problem and has literally always been true in WoW by your reasoning.

I don't get why people like you who obviously don't play for fun play the game either. If you want to play a different game, fine. Play a different game instead of trying to change the game I'm enjoying because you're addicted.
    Tell me one good reason why solo challenges must not have equal rewards in a MMORPG, with the exception of expansion bosses(aka raids). Just one! What? I heard for not being mandatory??? What about Mythic+ then????
    Tell me one good reason why instead of classes getting more powerful through expansions, to have a new grindful system every 2 years that brings in the long run nothing to the table.
    Sorry but i laugh at those ppl advocating this "its MMO". The funny thing is that those ppl who advocate the socializing inside WoW, are the SAME who love Ilvl and RIO... 2 feats that make ppl elitists and antisocial inside the same game they encourage you to "be more social"