Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/14/polit...ogy/index.html

And after visiting the US Holocaust Memorial she's now sorry. I guess she didn't actually know what the Holocaust was until she went to a *checks notes* museum instead of just looking at some statues and magically understanding the complex history behind them.
    She has the role of "what can Republicans say and get away with", nothing more than a canary in a coal mine seeing if they can go down that tunnel.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    So she backpedaled about the Davids star but not a giant laser from space (by jews obviously, shes a rightwing extreminst after all).
    Well, it should be enough for the clinical insane voterbase of hers.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

In a surprising twist, both Matt Gaetz and MTG both voted for making Juneteenth a national holiday. The reason they did it is because:

In a statement to Newsweek, Greene said: "I'm in support of celebrating important days in American history and the emancipation of slaves is important. Plus, any day that we can shut down the federal government is a good day for the American people."
    However, they sort of upset their followers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...BingNewsSearch

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    In a surprising twist, both Matt Gaetz and MTG both voted for making Juneteenth a national holiday. The reason they did it is because:

However, they sort of upset their followers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...BingNewsSearch
    Apparently Gab is livid about this. Like, absolutely furious. This isn't the MAGA agenda.

Also, bonus points for Greene acting as Gaetz proxy vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Looks like she’s maybe stepping away from it because her fellow GOP members weren’t as (publicly) racist as she thought they were?
    (time passes)

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene refers to Nazi-era 'brown shirts' in opposing vaccination push

Greene, who recently apologized for comparing mask mandates at the U.S. Capitol to the Holocaust, said in a tweet that people have a choice to get vaccinated and don’t need “medical brown shirts” knocking on doors to urge them to do so. She was responding to remarks Biden made Tuesday about deploying people into communities to get people to take the vaccine.

“Biden pushing a vaccine that is NOT FDA approved shows covid is a political tool used to control people,” she tweeted. “People have a choice, they don’t need your medical brown shirts showing up at their door ordering vaccinations. You can’t force people to be part of the human experiment.”
    Details remain elusive about Greene's reaction to Trump locking children in dog cages until they died.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Details remain elusive about Greene's reaction to Trump locking children in dog cages until they died.
    If she thinks people politely knocking on your door with the intent to save your mortal soul are "brown shirts", I wonder what her thoughts are on evangelists that do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Here’s MTG suggesting people shoot vaccinators if they come to your door.
    Sure is a lotta dog whistling about the "Second Amendment" for conservative types over a lot of things that aren't government tyranny or threats to their life.

Can I point out the cross she's wearing or is that too obvious.

alot of you need more respect for your future vice president.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    MTG wholly believes that "Israeli space lasers" have been creating the US wildfires in the West for years. Despite all science proving natural wildfires have existed for millennia, and without any sort of rational explanation for why one of our closest allies Israel they would do such a thing, or that "Israeli Space Lasers" even exist. Why would Israel start a wildfire in Wyoming lol? It's a level of wacky that's difficult to comprehend. Wildfires naturally reduce the undergrowth in forests and have been happening before humans and would be happening (especially with the recent droughts in the US West) even if humans didn't exist, usually via lightning strikes. 30+ years ago she'd be in a facility, but in 2021 a GA rep.

So yep she seems like a credible person that people should follow /s.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-08-05 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of calling the enemy "brown shirts" just months after attempting to burn the Reichstag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I agree but we live in a world that has decided to protect the stupid. It's why someone breaking into someones home has a weird amount of protections from harm. Another popular example is getting rich because you burned yourself with coffee you bought that was hot...
    CAN PEOPLE PLEASE JUST FUCKING STOP WITH THE GODDAMN HOT COFFEE BIT?

Of all the goddamn asinine anecdotes and urban legends, this one by far takes the cake for most grossly misrepresented.

1. The coffee at McDonald's was being kept at temperatures much higher than the guidebook specified. In other words, the restaurant was not taking the ncessary safety precautions. The holding temperature for their coffee was far too hot.

2. Circumstances beyond the control of the woman made the insanely hot coffee spill all over her legs and groin region. She received third degree burns. THIRD DEGREE BURNS. You do not get third degree burns from coffee unless it's basically close to boiling.

3. The woman underwent years and years of treatments and physical therapy. Her legs were malfigured due to how the skin and some of the muscle had rotted away due to the burns. She basically couldn't walk.

4. The JURY awarded the woman the full settlement of something like a million dollars (I forgot the exact amount, go look it up). The judge reduced the amount of money rewarded to the woman.

5. What money she did get, went to pay for the hundreds of thousands of dollars of hospital bills that this all caused.

She didn't fucking get rich. She was maimed and crippled for life, all the money went to medical expenses just to keep her functioning, and of course people like to shit on her because right wing media doesn't give two flying fucks about facts, they only care about what they can twist to make their own mouth flaps sound better. Educate yourself @Kraken and any other fucking dumbass out there who likes to parrot the hot coffee nonsense bullshit.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post

Of all the goddamn asinine anecdotes and urban legends, this one by far takes the cake for most grossly misrepresented.

1. The coffee at McDonald's was being kept at temperatures much higher than the guidebook specified. In other words, the restaurant was not taking the ncessary safety precautions. The holding temperature for their coffee was far too hot.

2. Circumstances beyond the control of the woman made the insanely hot coffee spill all over her legs and groin region. She received third degree burns. THIRD DEGREE BURNS. You do not get third degree burns from coffee unless it's basically close to boiling.

3. The woman underwent years and years of treatments and physical therapy. Her legs were malfigured due to how the skin and some of the muscle had rotted away due to the burns. She basically couldn't walk.

4. The JURY awarded the woman the full settlement of something like a million dollars (I forgot the exact amount, go look it up). The judge reduced the amount of money rewarded to the woman.

5. What money she did get, went to pay for the hundreds of thousands of dollars of hospital bills that this all caused.

She didn't fucking get rich. She was maimed and crippled for life, all the money went to medical expenses just to keep her functioning, and of course people like to shit on her because right wing media doesn't give two flying fucks about facts, they only care about what they can twist to make their own mouth flaps sound better. Educate yourself @Kraken and any other fucking dumbass out there who likes to parrot the hot coffee nonsense bullshit.
    Something important to add on: She only wanted to have her medical costs reimbured, a five figure if i remember correctly (McD offered a generous 800 USD). Afaik the jury was so appaled that she got more, but initially she only wanted reimbursement of her medical costs.

Since then lobbying people have tried to distort this story to the benefit off wealthy cooperations who want to ridicule all law suits that could cost them money (see welfare queen LIE)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post

Dude needs to 'do his own research' instead of listening to what the news media and politicians are telling him. Sheeple, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rand Paul kicked off YouTube for lying about masks.

Then immediately calls it against free speech --

"This isn't about free speech, because YouTube isn't the government."

He claims it is.

As a libertarian leaning Senator, I think private companies have the right to ban me if they want to, so in this case I’ll just channel that frustration into ensuring the public knows YouTube is acting as an arm of government and censoring their users for contradicting the government
    "That's just false. Agreeing with the government does not make you the government."

I mean, there are other reasons what Paul said is objectively false, but yes.

Technically this is Paul's first strike. He was interviewed by Newsmax and in that interview said masks didn't work, that video was removed, Paul responded with his own video saying masks don't work on his own channel, that was the cause of the strike against Paul directly.

He claims it is.

"That's just false. Agreeing with the government does not make you the government."

Technically this is Paul's first strike. He was interviewed by Newsmax and in that interview said masks didn't work, that video was removed, Paul responded with his own video saying masks don't work on his own channel, that was the cause of the strike against Paul directly.
    I think we can finally say, without any possible refutation, that Rand Paul is a complete fucking hypocrite, and an idiot.

He claims it is.

Ironically, if he would have said that his channel is in the public interest because he is a sitting Senator and is an official source of policy from him, he could have argued it to stay unblocked. Or does that only work for Agent Orange?

10+ Year Old Account

He claims it is.

Between the Soros Bux I never received for joining the protests locally last year AND now I'm an arm of the government for disagreeing with R̶a̶n̶d̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶s̶h̶ Rand Paul that the SCIENCE FUCKING WORKS YOU BLITHERING BELL END.

And here all I thought I was an online asshole who tries to make their corner of the world a little bit of a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

YouTube is acting as an arm of government
    The problem with this particular narrative, is that they were happily pushing it when Trump was president. You know...the head of our government.

But they pretty much have to frame it as governmental influence, because otherwise they might have to confront the fact that maybe corporations like this shouldn't have so much power over our lives. Because it would be up to the government to regulate that sort of thing...which just isn't compatible with how much they fellate themselves over the idea of small governments, free markets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think we can finally say, without any possible refutation, that Rand Paul is a complete fucking hypocrite, and an idiot.
    He gives hope to all the kids out there. It doesn't matter how colossal of a moron you are, you too can become a doctor and a senator.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020