Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You sounded pretty reasonable up until this point.
    Why do you say this?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    strangely that 'popular' class almost doesn't exist in arena tournament u can follow on wow official youtube channel, they probably exist due to sheer number not due to actual having strong performance
    while sadly it is 'way late' to know, if u want to know what is currently best (but still u are f8cked to catch up) just follow arena tournaments, mage exist in almost every combo, DK is rare, Mistweave doesn't exist, druid healer is extinct etc
    So I admire how u got ur data, it shows wow total (which is probably more useful than my view of the top 10 best teams in world), but that's like saying horde dominate arena because they are more, while in tournament i saw exactly 1 horde team and rest is pure alliance since WoD era due to how broke OP alliance racials are (heck in WoD arena was purely humans + shaman dwarf healer or nelf druid healer)
    Well, you have both ladder and leaderboard representation there. Sure, Holy Paladin is most prevalent in 3v3 (and therefore even more so in tournaments, since that's where people do all min-maxing), but Holy Priests are pretty frequent at 2400+ and dominate 2v2. Saying that priests and druids are bad right now and you have to forget about gladiator is ridiculous. Right now, paladins are slightly overtuned, mistweavers don't exist, and everything else is good (when it comes to healing).

    The problem with getting your data from tournaments is that if one spec is 1% better than the other, you'll see most people picking the better spec. And even in overall WoW population, you'll see a significant bias towards whatever is strong and against whatever is weak. I'm pretty sure most 2.4k+ players can get at the very least 2.2k (and probably close to 2.4k anyway) with whatever is currently the absolutely worst spec in the game except tanks (since they have no reasonable win condition). But there's no point, since you're not getting any additional rewards for your additional effort. You'd certainly see a huge influx of high rated Fury Warriors, Outlaw Rogues, etc., if they added spec-specific R1 titles.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    The queue bracket laxes to prevent delays.

    Its not this, boost selling has been a very lucrative business and about 90 to 95% of multiglads are doing it, this coupled with the fact everyone quit the game and only the most diehard fans are still playing making the entire arena, especially 2v2, a impossible task for newcomers to arena pvp.
    Right now youre either facing double glads on their alts, or a boosted player and a glad on their main on every bracket from 1200 all the way up to 2400+

  4. #84
    They made pvp gear too good for pve, causing boosting to become more valuable. Thats why you face gladiators, their customer pool has exploded and it is very easy to make money by boosting.

    I would go as far as say that this has caused a lot of regular players to quit pvp, making the problem even worse.

    They can fix this by making pvp gear bad in pve again, so less people wants to buy boosts.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    ahhhh i forgot how beloved ferals are in rbg. Also 1,8 would still be undergeared to play on 1,6 with a non meta comp

    just watch the tournaments. jungel vs pally war . both teams same i level and they get destroyed to the point they need to go healer as they cant win even trying to contest the meele or try to kill with cc.

    you dont climb if you are good , you climb if you find high geared mates to carry you / play skill wise far over you current rating / join the meta slaves/ get boosted in rbg for gear
    Thats some loser attitude right there. Keep it up!


    Meanwhile, a buddy if mine managed to get 2.1k as double dps as feral/enhanc this season. First season he got over 2k. But hey, it's just that you're playing non-meta that you're stuck )
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Thats some loser attitude right there. Keep it up!


    Meanwhile, a buddy if mine managed to get 2.1k as double dps as feral/enhanc this season. First season he got over 2k. But hey, it's just that you're playing non-meta that you're stuck )
    No one believes the stuff you are saying here. 100% you got boosted for gear beforehand or had someone else drag you through it. Btw I got 2,6 this season playing warrior with a bow./s so yeah..... you are not a clown but the circus

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    I played 1000+ matches in 2v2 in the last 3 months.

    I won about 50%, and the majority of those had at least a gladiator player in the team. Sometimes 2 gladiators, and every so often we even played against rank 1 players.

    So If my calculations are right, If I am playing against all these guys, I shopuld be at their rating, but turns out, I am at 1600-1700 rating, and even though I am slowly improving my game, I cannot climb out of this.

    Yes, I have major improvements to do on my game, but I should be facing off against players of my rating, not boosts, and not teams with double glad/R1 at these ratings (why???).

    So this is just a rant to share, maybe some of you out there are having the same problem. Blizz really needs to fix the current problem with boosting on 2v2 (and RBG's).
    So ive been saying for a long time that the easiest players to beat are actually the highest rated ones and its not because you as skilled but the opposite effect really, its called beginner's luck
    Beginner's luck:
    2."In a competitive game, a skilled player will expect certain actions to be taken by an opponent in a given situation and prepares his strategy using that prediction. This is especially true in card games, chess, etc. However, the beginner does not have the skill and will often not take the best action. The skilled player is caught off guard and cannot correctly predict or interpret his opponent's action and he loses a large part of his advantage."
    but gl on your climb, keep at it get that 2400.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascatuan View Post
    So ive been saying for a long time that the easiest players to beat are actually the highest rated ones and its not because you as skilled but the opposite effect really, its called beginner's luck
    Beginner's luck:
    2."In a competitive game, a skilled player will expect certain actions to be taken by an opponent in a given situation and prepares his strategy using that prediction. This is especially true in card games, chess, etc. However, the beginner does not have the skill and will often not take the best action. The skilled player is caught off guard and cannot correctly predict or interpret his opponent's action and he loses a large part of his advantage."
    but gl on your climb, keep at it get that 2400.
    Thanks dude, i'm sure we'll eventually get there.

  9. #89
    I do boosts and usually the guy buying the boost can barely move his character. The matches are usually fair, sometimes it's a decent player and you win every game cause he supports you and you get few hundred mmr above the target rating. So usually games are fair 1+target dummy V 2 games at the mmr you belong to with 1+td v 2.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    No one believes the stuff you are saying here. 100% you got boosted for gear beforehand or had someone else drag you through it. Btw I got 2,6 this season playing warrior with a bow./s so yeah..... you are not a clown but the circus
    I honestly don't care what you believe or not, just saying it's possible if you improve on your gameplay instead of making excuses. He got to 2.1k in 2s as double dps as feral, that's how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    I honestly don't care what you believe or not, just saying it's possible if you improve on your gameplay instead of making excuses. He got to 2.1k in 2s as double dps as feral, that's how it is.
    I jsut told you I got 2,88888 playing bow warrior so, whats your point?

  12. #92
    What hinders you to play 3s?

    Why should one play 2s which are far slower paced than 3s and lack rewards on higher ratings?

    Ist it an acm thing?

    Are you playing mage/rogue? It was perhaps the only comp in 2s that made me not fall asleep.

    I mean why bother so much with 2s? And boosts?

    I think i'd rather have 1000 duels!

  13. #93
    The game used to be much much less plagued with boosters. When you have people slowly going up to gear etc then they are faced with boosters that are glad level they end up with 3 choices:
    1-carry on trying to get higher rating
    2-get a boost
    3-quit.

    Sadly, considering the amount of people I see day in day out, it seems like people are quitting :-/

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Why should one play 2s which are far slower paced than 3s and lack rewards on higher ratings?
    Perhaps some people prefer slower paced games? I don't like 3v3 or 2 dps in 2v2 due to people dying too easily, and I liked any of the previous seasons more than the current one. If I wanted "fast paced" games, I'd play a shooter or something. I hate shooters.

  15. #95
    I don't know how some people aren't experiencing this.

    It is close to impossible to climb in 2s without gear right now. You need to play PERFECTLY to beat people around 1700 rating because you're either being massively outgeared, you're facing gladiator / R1 player or both at the same time.

    It is so incredibly rare you fight people with the same HP as you in ANY bracket if you've not acquired higher ilvl by other means. Any time this happens, those players are really in the same situation as you and the games are very tough.

    I've played in many seasons in different expansions but it's never been this hard to climb the 2s ladder. It's such an obvious problem as well that I find it so hard to believe anyone denying this.

    Example of my ret alt: both me and my buddy 213 ilvl, we ended up stuck at around 1700, bare in mind he is a better player than me. He ended up taking a break as we couldn't climb. I went on to LFG and eventually found a 226 feral. We played less than 10 games and absolutely destroyed people at around 2k MMR and that's with just one person fully geared. THIS made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. How did we get to the point where gear matters SO MUCH that it's making people quit because of the unfair advantage that it gives.

    The current PvP progression is a joke and it needs to be revamped. I can't stress enough how a simple ilvl cap per bracket is going to fix the majority of the issues, but for some reason Blizzard is not even acknowledging there is a problem.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

  16. #96
    I’m doing the occasional yolo rbg and the MMR moves are crazy. I’m around 1450, and we’ll go from facing a 1450 MMR to 1650 after winning one match, at which point we obviously get stomped by 1650 team and disband.
    The desperate last chance response of a person who is losing an argument on the forums:

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You DO realize that even if every user ever on these forums agreed with you, something even you would admit is impossible, that would not be 0.0001% of the player base, right? But sure, enjoy your echo chamber if you want.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Perhaps some people prefer slower paced games? I don't like 3v3 or 2 dps in 2v2 due to people dying too easily, and I liked any of the previous seasons more than the current one. If I wanted "fast paced" games, I'd play a shooter or something. I hate shooters.

    I love to play slow paced games, but when i play slow paced, i play turn based strategy games, like Civilization or HoMM, of course everyone wants to play FFA and these games take 4h+ even with simultaneous turns.

    I never play shooters either, fast paced does not mean its better, just in wow arena, 3s are better tuned than 2s with less the amounts of boosts.

  18. #98
    Hey all, I just made it into 1800! After long hours.

    Now on for the next step!

  19. #99
    Everyone should be able to get to 2100. Have you seen how bad most players are?

    Wait... that's confusing.
    The desperate last chance response of a person who is losing an argument on the forums:

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You DO realize that even if every user ever on these forums agreed with you, something even you would admit is impossible, that would not be 0.0001% of the player base, right? But sure, enjoy your echo chamber if you want.

  20. #100
    Mechagnome Fuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kul Tiras
    Posts
    542
    1000 games and stuck 1.7k seems like something on your end but the ladder is most definitely filled with gladiator / rank 1 players boosting people as low as 1.4k CR so it's fucking horrible playing alts right now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •