Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Let's see how quick and easy you can find mine.
    ...what? I don't want to, why would I? The point being that while it offers anonymity, activity is trackable if people are interested enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see how quick and easy you can find mine.
    It's not a question of how trackable you are by random nobodies. We'd be hard-pressed to find your regular bank accounts, too.

It's a question of how trackable you are by professional investigators, like police investigative units or the FBI. Y'know, the guys with subpoena power to penetrate most casual privacy protections.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...what? I don't want to, why would I? The point being that while it offers anonymity, activity is trackable if people are interested enough.
    You made it sound easy to track the blockchain, I figured I'd take you up on that and see. I guess not lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not a question of how trackable you are by random nobodies. We'd be hard-pressed to find your regular bank accounts, too.

It's a question of how trackable you are by professional investigators, like police investigative units or the FBI. Y'know, the guys with subpoena power to penetrate most casual privacy protections.
    You can still bypass all that with buying crypto with cash. Yeah it's possible to track, I don't think you have any idea how much work and money it takes. You're talking about tracing logs on routers that are spread across the globe. Good luck with that when they don't have the jurisdiction in that country.

https://www.coindesk.com/business/20...ct-users-keys/

Ooph, that moment when the hardware wallet company was like, "lol we could have always stolen your keys via a firmware update you idiots, we just didn't tell you." is hilarious. ANYWAYS

You made it sound easy to track the blockchain, I figured I'd take you up on that and see. I guess not lol.
    I didn't. I said it's possible and has been done. Anything beyond that was you choosing to read something not written.

You can still bypass all that with buying crypto with cash. Yeah it's possible to track, I don't think you have any idea how much work and money it takes. You're talking about tracing logs on routers that are spread across the globe. Good luck with that when they don't have the jurisdiction in that country.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre..._watched_them/

Here's someone tracking an individual scammer across multiple rugpulls in the course of a day. Someone doing this for free, without access to any legal tools like subpoena's etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still bypass all that with buying crypto with cash.
    Well, you just acknowledged that cash is better for security and privacy, so thanks for admitting you were wrong before about crypto being a privacy win over cash.

https://www.coindesk.com/business/20...ct-users-keys/

Ooph, that moment when the hardware wallet company was like, "lol we could have always stolen your keys via a firmware update you idiots, we just didn't tell you." is hilarious. ANYWAYS

I didn't. I said it's possible and has been done. Anything beyond that was you choosing to read something not written.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre..._watched_them/

Here's someone tracking an individual scammer across multiple rugpulls in the course of a day. Someone doing this for free, without access to any legal tools like subpoena's etc.
    You found an exception, I hope you realize that doesn't negate the rule. To my knowledge, 256bit encryption hasn't been cracked. So you are wrong again.

Well, you just acknowledged that cash is better for security and privacy, so thanks for admitting you were wrong before about crypto being a privacy win over cash.
    I giggled so much at this. Plus, how do you buy crypto with hard cash? Do you have to find someone in a parking lot somewhere? Seems pretty sketchy to me, though if you're the crypto seller that's a fuckin dream yo. Offload them digital magic beans for actual physical legal tender.

Haha nice try. You can look at store cameras and see who paid with cash. You can remain far more anonymous with crypto than cash.

You found an exception, I hope you realize that doesn't negate the rule. To my knowledge, 256bit encryption hasn't been cracked. So you are wrong again.
    An exception? Singular? Bruh, those kinds of threads are regularly on the crypto reddit. People doing this shit for free with just publicly available tools in their spare time.

I giggled so much at this. Plus, how do you buy crypto with hard cash? Do you have to find someone in a parking lot somewhere? Seems pretty sketchy to me, though if you're the crypto seller that's a fuckin dream yo. Offload them digital magic beans for actual physical legal tender.
    There are websites where you can buy coins from miners.

- - - Updated - - -

An exception? Singular? Bruh, those kinds of threads are regularly on the crypto reddit. People doing this shit for free with just publicly available tools in their spare time.
    So then track mine and prove me wrong.

Haha nice try. You can look at store cameras and see who paid with cash. You can remain far more anonymous with crypto than cash.
    How many stores have cameras? What if you're wearing a surgical mask like people often do nowadays?

- - - Updated - - -

So then track mine and prove me wrong.
    Then find my bank account information, rofl.

What a silly demand to make.

- - - Updated - - -

There are websites where you can buy coins from miners.
    With cash? Do you send them the physical cash in the mail first, or something?

How many stores have cameras? What if you're wearing a surgical mask like people often do nowadays?

- - - Updated - - -

Then find my bank account information, rofl.

What a silly demand to make.

- - - Updated - - -

With cash? Do you send them the physical cash in the mail first, or something?
    You meet with them in person. I've done it before. I'd be willing to bet more stores have cameras than not. I forgot to mention, there are ATMs where you can buy it with cash.

You meet with them in person. I've done it before. I'd be willing to bet more stores have cameras than not. I forgot to mention, there are ATMs where you can buy it with cash.
    So...craigslist? This website is craigslist? Innovative!

And if you're buying it at an "ATM" with cash, it's not an ATM. It's a vending machine. I know this because there's a Bitcoin vending machine near me. And it's literally never been used in the years I've been here, rofl.

Also what if you wear a mask into the store you pay with cash at? Most stores aren't exactly keeping UHD video recordings, much less for long periods of time.

theres a bitcoin atm in a corner shop near me that is exclusively used by 14 year old drug dealers who dont want mum to find all their cash when she cleans their bedroom

Bitcoin is dogshit, nobody other than criminals will ever use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    theres a bitcoin atm in a corner shop near me that is exclusively used by 14 year old drug dealers who dont want mum to find all their cash when she cleans their bedroom

Bitcoin is dogshit, nobody other than criminals will ever use it.
    Bitcoin is the Microsoft of crypto. It's the biggest and most popular but not it's not the best.

- - - Updated - - -

So...craigslist? This website is craigslist? Innovative!

And if you're buying it at an "ATM" with cash, it's not an ATM. It's a vending machine. I know this because there's a Bitcoin vending machine near me. And it's literally never been used in the years I've been here, rofl.

Also what if you wear a mask into the store you pay with cash at? Most stores aren't exactly keeping UHD video recordings, much less for long periods of time.
    ATM or vending machine is all semantics. Either way, you can get it anonymously. Also, focusing on masks isn't that common since the pandemic is pretty much over. Focusing on the the rare or uncommon situations isn't a good argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any store that has cameras almost certainly won't accept crypto at all, and if you're not in such a store, there aren't gonna be cameras. You admitted you were wrong, and you're just digging yourself deeper.

- - - Updated - - -

ATM or vending machine is all semantics. Either way, you can get it anonymously. Also, focusing on masks isn't that common since the pandemic is pretty much over. Focusing on the the rare or uncommon situations isn't a good argument.
    You realize ATMs have cameras, right?

ATM or vending machine is all semantics.
    It's absolutely not semantics. They are two very different types of machines with very different functions. Literally nobody is going to confuse the vending machines in the lobby that have snacks and soda's for the ATM where people deposit or withdraw money.

Either way, you can get it anonymously.
    You can with cash, too. So not sure why "Cash, but with extra steps and not everyone thinks it's worth anything and also it's digital." is somehow better?

Also, focusing on masks isn't that common since the pandemic is pretty much over. Focusing on the the rare or uncommon situations isn't a good argument.
    Literally anyone can buy a mask bro, they sell them at any store. And nowadays nobody much cares that much if you're wearing one. I still wear a mask to the store sometimes, it's not that rare or uncommon.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre...from_a_ledger/

So...apparently the former CEO of Ledger went to the crypto sub for some reason to do some kind of weird apology/explanation for the companies current mess despite him having no involvement in this mess.

Genuinely not sure why as it's a really boneheaded, stupid move with literally zero upsides beyond "Maybe making him feel a bit better.", and consequently it is going pretty spectacularly terribly in the comments.

Boy, trust is a hard thing to come by in a sector built on mistrust.

You can still bypass all that with buying crypto with cash.
    If you maybe 3 years down the road use that wallet to buy anything with your name attached to it (restaurant bill you made a reservation for or something) every payment ever from that wallet will be attached to you now.

Even if you trade from one wallet to another you're at the mercy of the exchange to forget this transaction. Crypto is only pseudonymous not anonymous. It's only a matter of resources spent to track you.

"it's good for crime" is a spicy take to say the least. It's like advertising a gun that's grip is fingerprint proof.

Bros really “fight me in the McDonalds parking lot” in here over a scam. Lol.

Do you even remember what your face looks like with all that clown makeup layered on?