Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    People seem to misunderstand the OP.

They said they would want the possibility to opt out of it. However, in the same sentence they also mentioned that once you opt out, you can only play with players that opted out themselves too, while those opted in only get to play with those that opted in aswell.

Tldr blizz score on = play with other blizz score on, blizz score off = play with other blizz score off.
    yeah and then even people with scores off will start to check rio for the people they invite because they keep getting the trashiest of the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    i have a 625 io on my guardian druid and a 710 on my shadow priest i have zero issue getting into groups i do 8-9s for the weekly vault. no issue at all. but yet your 825 says you cant get into 5s. i just do not believe that at all.
    From what I can infer, it is most likely that he just applies to groups missing only 1 dps slot.

I just want M+ untimed. I want to be able to make smart pulls and not have a timer to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You can't opt out, because opting out means you won't have a score and so won't be invited.

Everyone who invites people to PUG will use it, only those being invited would want out.

It is in effect a mandatory and flawed system - and we will be stuck with it.
    People say this but had zero problems with it i make my own groups lol what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I just want M+ untimed. I want to be able to make smart pulls and not have a timer to fight.
    TBC Classic would like to know your location.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Before M+ people still played mythics and pvp for gearing. But may I remind you that in previous expansions pvp/mythic gear were easily accessible via simply playing and gathering conquest points or simply playing and gathering valor and drops.

This also happened in Legion with literally spamming M+ endlessly. After metrics were introduced these "gear pools" diminished. Technically speaking we have removed the casual playerbase from WoW.
    Nevermind... deleted everything don't want to discuss that again.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-04-22 at 04:17 PM.

You can already opt out, its called Dungeon Finder and its made for people like you who cant be bothered to learn dungeon mechanics. And it even has two difficulties if some day you feel like a daredevil and want to try Heroic Dungeons.

The timer is what actually makes you have to do smart pulls. Without the timer you remove any thinking at all and you can pull mobs one by one or pull 7 packs with no repercussions since there’s no penalty for wiping multiple times.

I think it’s possible to make interesting dungeon content without timers, but the current system is not that. The mega dungeons they’ve introduced have both been sweet and they haven’t had timers. But they’re not scalable and pretty face-roll. Without a timer you will need to find something else to make the dungeon interesting.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    That's wrong. You got a score either way, no Addon needed - to opt out, you have to log into Rio and deactivate it.
    You don't even need a r.io account to opt out, just go to your battle.net account privacy options and disable "Share my game data with community developers".

Just opt out by not give a shit about dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You don't even need a r.io account to opt out, just go to your battle.net account privacy options and disable "Share my game data with community developers".
    Does this disable your character's Armory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if I can play ranked PVP without getting a rating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    Splits the player base making less people available for groups. No one will be happy with longer wait times.

This is what the company did with Destiny 2 Nightfalls. They started out being a "hurry to beat the short clock" zerg to removing it and upping the difficulty so people could focus on the content at hand. Most people loved this change while there were still a few lingering who were upset about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Splits the player base making less people available for groups. No one will be happy with longer wait times.
    I mean, the people who don't opt out won't get significantly increased wait times, because no one who actually wants to finish dungeons reliably would opt out. That just leaves the idiots who think that more information when inviting people is a bad thing now struggling even more to get in, because no one wants to play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I mean, the people who don't opt out won't get significantly increased wait times, because no one who actually wants to finish dungeons reliably would opt out. That just leaves the idiots who think that more information when inviting people is a bad thing now struggling even more to get in, because no one wants to play with them.
    I wouldn't call those people "idiots". There are many good reasons why people don't like the system and they're rightfully justified. The way said community treats people is just wrong. If I were not a tank, I wouldn't blame anyone what-so-ever for wanting to be separate from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Theres a fundamental problem and constant that seems to keep being brought up in this thread.

DPS are the ones bitching about R.IO.

As a non-meta dps, I understand the pain of not getting picked when trying to pug, despite having KSM. But I didnt get KSM pugging.

My guild and community enabled me to show I could do it.

I'm willing to bet a majority of the people who hate r.io and b.r.io only put, dont have a guild (or at least an active one) and as a result, are 'forced' to pug to try and do non-solo content like m+ and raiding beyond normal.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I wouldn't call those people "idiots". There are many good reasons why people don't like the system and they're rightfully justified. The way said community treats people is just wrong. If I were not a tank, I wouldn't blame anyone what-so-ever for wanting to be separate from it.
    I would, because wanting less information available is just stupid.
    There is no reason at all to want less information available to you, unless you're afraid of what that information says.

There is no reason at all to want less information available to you, unless you're afraid of what that information says.
    We can agree to disagree then.

I'm part of the rio community and I know first hand how horrible many of us are to people for simply not meeting our personal standards. Its one thing to simply say no but the comments we make... I don't blame anyone at all for wanting to hide information. It's just like why people wanted to hide their armories. All that did was exacerbate the ad hominem attacks.

You are responding to someone who claims to do high keys, claims to be "part of the rio community" but refuses to tell us his score or link a profile proving he has any actual experience and is not just pulling it out of his ass lol