Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Something needs to be dead and gone in order to be resurrected.

Learn words hard.
    It's "alive" in the way that someone on life support showing no brain activity is "alive". People know it's not "dead"; it's a reflection of how empty and soulless the game has long since become. Whether you agree or not, that is obviously their perspective and what they are trying to say.

But hey, "understand nuance hard", especially when you're busy being a tiresome pedant.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    It's "alive" in the way that someone on life support showing no brain activity is "alive". People know it's not "dead"; it's a reflection of how empty and soulless the game has long since become. Whether you agree or not, that is obviously their perspective and what they are trying to say.

But hey, "understand nuance hard", especially when you're busy being a tiresome pedant.
    No, it's just alive.

Development is ongoing, it has patches and expansions planned and people playing, even reaching sales records. It's alive, no matter how little regard you and others have for the factual meaning of words. A person on life support is just that, it needs life support.

Come back when the game has no more new development on it and gets either shut down or put on maintenance mode with a skeleton crew. Then you'll be correct. There's no nuance to it, you're not right on the dead part nor the life support part. For reference, see Wildstar.

This is a big loss for them.

Funny to see how he turned the sentence to show his appreciation to specific groups. There must be something really wrong with the top managment currently at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Final nail in the coffin for Blizzard as a whole and especially Overwatch.

Jeff was the last bastion of hope at that company.
    Fuck Activision dude.

has anyone done a data timeline sheet on the dates the better known blizzard people left? i really would like to see the dates and how many quit in total

"never accept the world as it appears to be. always dare to see it for what it could be. i hope you do the same."

This honestly is a weird thing to say in a "goodbye" it's almost as if it's a warning for blizzard players to heed to move on and find new games which is what he's doing.

Never seen a company lose so many big shots/vets in a 1 year timeline, it's almost as if blizzard is cleaning house or everyone's waking up finally.

About time(with all respect).

Just like in any buisness - this creates room for new talents. Who knows - maybe even more passion and drive - instead of burnout hardfeelings as employee(and most likely internal conflicts).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-04-20 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveplanets View Post
    Yeah people have said that since Cataclysm. Keep dreaming.

actualy people have been saying that since wow alpha or beta,dead on arival posts werent uncommon early on lol

and boy oh boy when tbc launched...the dead game posts exploded,im sure you can still find em somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    people are surprised that someone quits their job after 20 years
    You don't quit a 20 year old job for no reason, especially when all your colleagues quit at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    He’s headed straight for Dreamhaven.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    You don't quit a 20 year old job for no reason, especially when all your colleagues quit at the same time.
    You do if your old boss calls you and says:

"Hey - remember the good old days sitting in front of CRT monitors and 20% of the playerbase wasn't even born and don't even know what a CRT is?".
    "Yeaeeeeh ".

Kinda like the classic WoW emotions if you get me.

lol here's someone who's literally never held a job apparently. Sometimes you just move on

Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    lol here's someone who's literally never held a job apparently. Sometimes you just move on
    I was honestly thinking that as well - but didn't want to be that rude.

Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    True, sometimes you and your whole gang just quits, because its time to move on. No other reason. 100% true. Hey Jeff want another huge paycheck this year? Na man I'm good. It's time to move on. You know. I'm bored of getting paid too much moneys and being the big boy making the big boys decision. Sometimes you just gotta move on you know.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    You don't quit your job suddenly when you're in the middle of a huge project (I.E. creating a sequel to a billion dollar franchise) unless there's serious problems behind the scenes.
    Just wait until you have been at the same place for 20 years then you will see that, yes you do, actually probably alot higher chance of people leaving for new things after 20 years then leaving after 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Maybe Jeff needs another challenge - or try something new out - also known as MOVING ON?
    And because you build up relationships and you might want to work with former colleagues somewhere else? This is no tellsign.

Honestly - I would take my hat off if ONE of these people said:

"I gave it all - I created space for the new generation to come that will drive this with passion and love as we did in the beginning". They just left because they want more money or greater challenge - just like any human.
    True again. All of them at around the same time just quit because they wanted the youth to get their jobs. True men. Who wouldn't think about this? Btw the guy who got his job is just as old as he is. Started at the same time he did. True men. True words. Thank you.

Hope he goes too dreamhaven too like the rest i want to see what they can make.
    Do you hear the voices too?

He left now because the bonuses got paid out (duh).

He is probably going to pick up a job with those other ex-blizzard folks.

I bet J Allen Brack is currently busy straightening his hair and going, 'well I didn't need another Morhaime loyalist anyway'.