Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a very psychological thing... but in layman terms one can only call it "bad sportsmanship".
    It's like being a fan of team A, but because team A isn't playing (and probably never will be again) you go on and root for the misfortune of team B (which was a rival of team A).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Wow has been dying for 15+ years if you are to believe people on these and other forums. If you don't like it, do something else.
    For what is life, other than death pending? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This is where these elitist raider arguments always break down.
    I'm pretty sure I've said like 4-5 times now that the only reason I'm concerned with raiders getting best loot or easy loot caps is so gear is irrelevant to them and they can rely on just player skill for trying to parse instead of RNG gods giving them what they need to get those top parses. Solve that issue any way you want.

So why not quit?
    What in the world makes you think I'm still playing lol?

Maybe some people were badly addicted to Blizzard's games, invested all their time on them, gradually saw their efforts to become null and void (as you probably should in any video game) and become even more bitter now that the game doesn't even satisfy them any more. I don't know, could be just me thinking..

I am from Hong Kong and I am cheering.
    I can do that right, you are not throwing me out of tall building or dump me into the ocean like they do right?

Just in case this message get forwarded to authority and I get exposed. I am just kidding. I love activision blizzard, they are the symbol of freedom and liberty. It is my absolute privilege to play WOW, I wish this game to exist for thousands of years, just like our glorious president xi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. It spurs discussion on the internet (meaning it's not just to the void) AND it's therapeutic to vent. Sounds win/win to me.

You seem to think I'm under some illusion they'll change the game. I'm just here to say "i'll be happy when the game dies because I'm spiteful" and I see nothing wrong with people having and voicing those thoughts
    So long as you're content with the fact that... yeah, nobody cares. Might as well be a loony ranting on the bus.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Some people would rather be right in their criticisms and be miserable than be dead wrong and happy.

Personally I think the pining for blizzard to fail syndrome comes from a few factors

-Lack of alternatives. No game plays like wow does. There's a LOT of MMOs but the biggest alternative FF14 has fairly easy raids and non existant PVP. The rest don't really have the same kind of raids and pvp that wow does if they have them at all or are plagued by ACTUAL microtransactions. Other genres don't have that issue. Don't like Street Fighter but want to play a fighting game. There's a TON of alternatives and most of them actually do stuff different and subjectively better.

-Inability to play the version they liked. For other genres and series if you don't like the newest game the old ones are USUALLY still available to play. Don't like Mario Odyssey? Nothing's stopping you from playing ANY other Mario game. Hate Street Fighter 5? Every old SF game is out on something to play it with in some form and they get re-released CONSTANTLY and nothing can stop you from playing it.

-Loss of social group from old..not sure who to blame. Think this might be a big one. Guild disbands for some reason and people see that as the best time of their life. Don't really wanna put in the effort to get a new group of friends to play with so go into the PUG scene...or even the opposite where they don't have the time to no life wow anymore and have to go back into the PUG scene if they wanna play. They then realize the pug scene is TERRIBlE and may of gotten worse and blame blizzard for not catering to them anymore. You'll notice half the complaints on this forum is about the pug scene so this is at least my theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Some people would rather be right in their criticisms and be miserable than be dead wrong and happy.
    "its always better to be Pessimistic in this world because then you are either right or pleasantly surprised"

I used to be against it when they did things like flexible raid sizes for heroic, turning my fav hunter spec into a melee spec, flying being locked for a year and so on, but it's been so many years since their direction became the one they're currently that at this point getting mad would be silly. That being said, even so, there are still decisions that baffle me, even if my expectations are so low...

Wow! People complaining on MMO-champion. Who could have guessed That's what this forum is all about. News, and people complaining.

Well Blizz has shown that they are perfectly okay with keeping the status quo as long as the $$$ keeps coming so people who want change want the game to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thanks for unironically proving my first post in this thread correct I guess.
    I think it actually is

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    or they are customer leaving valid reviews of trash expansion.

if game wouldnt be bad 60% of playerbase wouldnt leave in first 4 months.

i would never recomend anyone to play SL . i woudl gladly recomend people to play FF14 atm - why ? because SL is trash atm not worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    This is the exact same arguement battered spouses give why they stay with the person literally beating the shit out of them
    Yes sure that makes a good part of the abuse cycle, doesn't mean it's not real tho.

Most ppl require validation for their opinions because they lack the self-confidence to have them without it. So most ppl, when they stop playing, want the game to fail because they think it validates their own discontent with the game.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-04-21 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I also find it problematic. But it seems like people enjoy that kind of behaviour. After some time passes, their agenda mostly fades too. When I see that, I feel sorry for that person. Being full with hate without an edge of space for difference. What a life..?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ex players?? So the boogeyman essentially.

I don't think players want to see the game fail as badly as they want to see it improve. On Classic WoW however, the community is 100% the cause of most problems in the game.
    You have people now crying about the buff bottle because they'll no longer be able to gank parked AFK characters... lmao.

In other words, people who cling to WoW very badly act just as desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if game wouldnt be bad 60% of playerbase wouldnt leave in first 4 months.
    This is a good thing. Shadowlands is filtering out all the entitled players who want WoW to be an easy single player game completely deprived of any challenge. When enough of them leave Blizzard can finally remove LFR and pointless systems like the covenants. You need to take out the trash from time to time, otherwise the house is going to stink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This is a good thing. Shadowlands is filtering out all the entitled players who want WoW to be an easy single player game completely deprived of any challenge.
    More like, it's filtering out normal human beings who want WoW to have an interesting, cohesive story, with a plot that goes somewhere and makes sense.
    You have to go read the books to have the slightest clue what's going on in game... lmao. And they just keep rezzing old lore characters, it's desperate.

It doesn't matter how hard you make the raids, you'll never have community in retail ever again, even if you remove 80% of the playerbase. No one is going out of their way to do world quests and the Maw and Torghast. Maybe in World of Warcraft 2 you'll get to experience in game communities.

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    I've noticed them too, it seems intertwined with overemotional attachment.

Still theorycrafting can be enjoyable and genuinely useful (pertaining to the game) in itself, if done in a constructive good-faith manner, so i do sort of get why they continue to try to be involved in their own incompetent ways.

It's like those witless morons screeching at their favourite football clubs honestly.

Though as a devil's advocate: the overemotional attachment of some of the people valueing "loyalty" to a product is also hardly conducive to constructive discussion.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-04-21 at 07:47 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I've noticed them too, it seems intertwined with overemotional attachment.
    Wow, edgelords looking down on people because they actually still have emotions to express. That is pretty sad. You're obviously not going to understand something you don't possess and never experienced lol.