Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If there wasn't a lethal pandemic that he's helping spread, I might have actually supported what looks like a "buy local, tax global" approach.

However, the outbreaks still costs hundreds of lives a day and Florida's doing badly. This probably should have waited. So even giving him the benefit of the doubt, this is still a bad idea.
    That feel when you cheat on the test and still fail.

New research published earlier this month in the American Journal of Public Health argues that Florida is undercounting the number of people who died from COVID-19 by thousands of cases, casting new doubt on claims that Gov. Ron DeSantis navigated the coronavirus pandemic successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    How is it evil?
    Evil is subjective, but still believing that trickle down economics actually works is a fucking joke. Businesses DO NOT HIRE JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE EXCESS MONEY LAYING AROUND. Businesses hire if they think that a new employee will make them more money. For most businesses, whether creating new products or selling existing products, that means there needs to be a demand for products. This works across the entire chain. Even if it's businesses that provide exclusively for other businesses, at some point in that chain there is a business that relies upon consumption, and that business having more consumers drives them to purchase more from their providers. When there's no money in the hands of the common citizen, demand drops, recessions happen.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Is it so hard to imagine someone whose life and job were impacted zero percent by the pandemic, who maybe even got a raise out of it, who then asks ‘why are you giving this to me when there are so many others hurting?’ I work in healthcare chucklenuts. I didn’t earn it, deserve it, or need it.
    oh you could, if not so limited in so many ways, give it as charity to "those...hurting"....you know right?

hell find an employed friend and pay his rent for a few months....

- - - Updated - - -

Not particularly happy about that either. There is an amount between 0 dollars and 6 trillion dollars that was probably reasonable given the circumstances last year, but 6 trillion is egregious. No, I haven’t cashed either of the last two covid checks.

On the topic of red states and blue states though, if you wanna run yours into the ground that’s your business. I don’t have many complaints here. Not saying you have any either, but if you do you might consider asking why.
    odd you didn't comment on what a mooch your state is while bragging about not needing the stimlus money.

Forget charity how about you pay back some of the generous tax dollars given to your state by mostly blue states being run into the ground because they don't get equal funding from the federal govt??

Or maybe donate it to your state govt general fund so they are less of a mooch on the rest of us hard paying taxpayers
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

To have people increase their conspicuous consumption? Yup. Been consciously doing that all year.
    That's a lot of syllables and words to just say "no."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it so hard to imagine someone whose life and job were impacted zero percent by the pandemic, who maybe even got a raise out of it, who then asks ‘why are you giving this to me when there are so many others hurting?’ I work in healthcare chucklenuts. I didn’t earn it, deserve it, or need it.
    You claim to work in healthcare and simultaneously claim to not be affected by a global pandemic? Sounds like you're neglecting your job or you're lying about the nature of your work. Both are pretty likely, considering you claim to have "not earned" the stimulus check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.