Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Alright... can I haz my armor at 20?

I think your focusing on the wrong aspect of this.
    I'm focusing on you saying you'd have all 25s done if there was an incentive.
    You wouldn't.

Should there be more incentives to go higher? Maybe, I don't know. But all 25s is basically impossible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Who the fuck are these "people"? Exactly who are you trying to defend here? I must've missed the memo where you became the sole arbiter for the entire WoW playerbase.
    why does blizzard introduce this marketing mechanism and use it often, mechanism which obviously work for them to make more money? have a guess
    you think it's to make the game better regardless of the profits? I sure hope not because that would be fairly naive

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm focusing on you saying you'd have all 25s done if there was an incentive.
    You wouldn't.

Should there be more incentives to go higher? Maybe, I don't know. But all 25s is basically impossible
    I mean... I feel I could. I managed CE and hitting 2100 despite not really being good at pvp (thank you rbg cheese).

The biggest obstacle seems to be a combination of push weeks and no one really wanting to bother to push. I am not saying it would be easy content by any means but it feels doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    why does blizzard introduce this marketing mechanism and use it often, mechanism which obviously work for them to make more money? have a guess
    you think it's to make the game better regardless of the profits? I sure hope not because that would be fairly naive
    Or, get this: We're all human beings with our own individual decision making faculties and can determine whether a product is worth supporting by virtue of our own free will. Funny how that works, huh?

its a nice QoL reward.
    but the ability to upgrade to 226 wouldnt have been unreasonable imo. its deserved at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, get this: We're all human beings with our own individual decision making faculties and can determine whether a product is worth supporting by virtue of our own free will. Funny how that works, huh?
    sure. blizzard use this exploitive mechanism by definition but its negative effects doesn't exist according to you, so all is good. makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, for me, it is an incentive not to run them.

I left M+ alone during BfA because I hated being on a timer to complete all of them +15. Now in Shadowlands I went out there and gave my best to get Keystone Master. And now they raise the bar even more... I fear I'll have a reaction like I had in BfA and stop caring altogether.

Highly doubt they will encourage people to do more than 15.

Most of people do M+ for gear, and it's very convenient that Keystone Master aligns perfectly with max gear you can get from M+ - you can actually work on the achievement while doing your weekly stuff.

Push to +20 gives you nothing, outside some bragging rights. Yes those teleports are nice addition, but unless it's not an actual power progression, and/or very cool and unique cosmetic stuff, people who are doing just max 15 will not be interesting in bragging rights or a teleport spell on 8h CD.

Personally, not really.

15s are already enough, I don't think I can be arsed to grind them until we can time a 20. The time I'd spend getting there would be far greater than the time I'd save in the future by having the teleport instead of having to fly to the dungeons.

Also because, in retrospect, these used to be a Gold CM reward which was infinitely easier than timing a 20, especially since it didn't scale throughout the expansion. But it's also true that those teleports were considerably less valuable since you didn't really have much reason to return to the dungeon after you had already timed gold, I guess.

sure. blizzard use this exploitive mechanism by definition but its negative effects doesn't exist according to you, so all is good. makes sense
    Or you could not view everything from a pointlessly cynical lens and understand that quoting marketing theory on a fan forum for a video game where people slay internet dragons for imaginary loot kind of looks ridiculous. Your choice my guy.

I just fear this will end up pushing more (and more expensive) boosts and, as a consequence, more token sales. Blizzard might feel tempted to keep locking more and more rewards behind difficult (yet boostable) group content. Boosts are already poisoning low-rank pvp, at this rate they might end up poisoning every social interaction between strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Every reward the devs put into the game is an incentive for players to put in time and do it. Of course those teleports are meant as an incentive to push higher.
    the incentive is the prestige you get from it

The portals are just a way to show that prestige to others,and they come with a little bit of utility as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could not view everything from a pointlessly cynical lens and understand that quoting marketing theory on a fan forum for a video game where people slay internet dragons for imaginary loot kind of looks ridiculous. Your choice my guy.
    I view that from the lens of someone who like the game, who enjoy video games as a source of entertainment, and who like to put efforts in and earn satisfaction from that; as such I care. maybe you don't care, but not everyone is like that I think you have to care about things and have passions in your life in order to make it interesting.

I view that from the lens of someone who like the game, who enjoy video games as a source of entertainment, and who like to put efforts in and earn satisfaction from that; as such I care. maybe you don't care, but not everyone is like that I think you have to care about things and have passions in your life in order to make it interesting.
    You can do all of that without advocating for people for whom you have absolutely no way to know their personal motivations.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do all of that without advocating for people for whom you have absolutely no way to know their personal motivations.
    I have a problem with this exploitive practice and others do, so I won't stop pointing the existence of this practice when I have the occasion to

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's free to advocate for what he believes in, as are you.
    In your own words it:
    kind of looks ridiculous. Your choice my guy.
    OT: It's something, but personally it's not enough.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2021-04-23 at 03:04 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

definetly not there is nothing passed a 15 for me

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I should have been more specific. There should be an ingame leaderboard that displays every key run (not just top 100) and also tells you how good you are at the end of a run (optionally this function can be disabled). Also on investigating another player there should be a tab where you can see their rank.
    I really hope they go this route with pve ratings, kinda weird it's not already this way with pvp ratings.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I mean, yeah those are bad. that's why they removed it. it was a one time thing, very hard to get, and a few days after the patch launch, it was over. I'm refering to the many amount of content that is time limited and that aren't too "hard" to get, just enough to keep people chained to their fomo. in general removed content is vile and terrible. a few from time to time is alright. there's maybe 200+ stuff removed per expansions if you account for achi, transmog, rewards and everything nowadays and they make that obtainable for 2 years, not just a few days at launch. so you can't compare those server firsts to what we have now. what we have now is more subtile and vile overall.
    We only had until Wrath prepatch to do Naxx. We also only had one or two patches to get Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru. We only had a few patches to get Amani War Bear. We only had a week or two to get the original Argent tabard from the BC event. Only had till Cata to get the ZG mounts. WoW has had limited time content since the beginning. Acting like it wasn't a thing in the "good old days" and now it is and that's why people are quitting is incorrect.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

All this silly circus effort just to avoid admitting that PvE needs deterministic loot progression.