Customized expansion from the best of WoW all-in-one

If you were to choose a combination of already released WoW content, what things would you want to include into your custom made expansion from content all the way from classic to SL? Make a list of features, but they have to be already released/existing WoW content, not imagined or desired changes.

Edit: adding an example

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    1. From Classic: Sprawling, epic dungeons. More dangerous open world. Elite areas for group questing. Less ilvl inflation so early raids weren't lost in later patches.
    2. From TBC: Flying
    3. From WotLK: Talent trees. Having your iconic ability in the tree and "earning" it felt nice.
    4. From Cataclysm: Tabards for reputation. Throwing on a faction's tabard and farming rep while doing dungeons/quests.
    5. From MoP: Class design/balance. Best era for me personally for what I played. Alt-catch up with rep. Flex raiding.
    6. From WoD: Garrions. I was really surprised that this ended in WoD. I fully expected to move my garrison with me each expansion to show off my power/achievements. Have it as a base of operations. Essentially player housing. I'd make it so each major zone in each new expansion had a "slot" or two for my garrison. New buildings and improvements as well.
    7. From Legion: M+, Artifact weapons (no grind though), Class Halls. Tier sets.
    8. From BFA: Making the old world somewhat relevant. This iteration of world quests in terms of speed/efficiency
    9. From Shadowlands: Craftable legendaries, this iteration of world quests in terms of rewards.
    Nice list - this is what I was hoping to see. But you forgot to include my #1 favorite from Legion, Mage Tower
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-05-12 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest thing I would do.. Is give Torghast the Mage Tower treatment. From the skill ceiling, to the rewards, to the general format of the end-of-instance boss.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    The biggest thing I would do.. Is give Torghast the Mage Tower treatment. From the skill ceiling, to the rewards, to the general format of the end-of-instance boss.
    How about other features to go with that, basically make your own expansion with a list of features similar to when a new expansion releases, it has a long list of features, but they have to be already released existing WoW content, not imagined or desired changes.

1. Classic-WOTLK talent trees

2. New class - Necromancer/Tinker just to piss off 50% of the numerous necro vs tinker threads.

3. Torghast done right. Loaded with cosmetics, leaderboards with an endless version, and no timer and none of that bullshit 0-5 gem ratings.

4. Multi-themed raids. Tired of looking at one singular colour pallet for the entirety of a raid tier.

5. Class tier sets with spec specific bonuses

6. Class specific questlines and rewards akin to Legion. Maybe not entire campaigns, but definitely a questlines that leads to some things being unlocked. Something similar to the warlock greenfire quest.

7. No catch up gear beyond LFR. You should have to do dungeons->M+/raid tier 1->raid tier 2->raid tier 3->etc. No more WQs and campaign quests/benthic type BS to put you in line for the next tier of content.

8. Actual end game currency. Currency reset every new season. Dungeons AND raids give you enough currency to afford about 1-2 pieces of gear a week. Normal raid currency should only purchase you normal raid gear. Same goes for heroic currency only purchasing heroic gear. So on and so on. M+ currency can reward in brackets. Say 1-4 lets you purchase ilvl170. 5-9 gives ilvl185. 10-14 gives ilvl200. So on and so on.

Remove m+ give back mop challenge mode for starters.

1. From Classic: Sprawling, epic dungeons. More dangerous open world. Elite areas for group questing. Less ilvl inflation so early raids weren't lost in later patches.
    3. From WotLK: Talent trees. Having your iconic ability in the tree and "earning" it felt nice.
    4. From Cataclysm: Tabards for reputation. Throwing on a faction's tabard and farming rep while doing dungeons/quests.
    5. From MoP: Class design/balance. Best era for me personally for what I played. Alt-catch up with rep. Flex raiding.
    6. From WoD: Garrions. I was really surprised that this ended in WoD. I fully expected to move my garrison with me each expansion to show off my power/achievements. Have it as a base of operations. Essentially player housing. I'd make it so each major zone in each new expansion had a "slot" or two for my garrison. New buildings and improvements as well.
    8. From BFA: Making the old world somewhat relevant. This iteration of world quests in terms of speed/efficiency
    9. From Shadowlands: Craftable legendaries, this iteration of world quests in terms of rewards.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

more LK type badge system - farming normal allows the purchase of HC gear, so you are always progressing the power of your character

no more M+

no timers for anything, not even boss enrage timers, if a boss needs an enrage timer its organic via expanding fire for example.. not just X amount of time gone BAM dead raid.

boss abilities more in line with classic/TBC so it's not everything and the kitchen sink is thrown at the raid for a challenge

Tanking stats back on gear, Tank DPS not a factor in raids, no Tank/Healer rotations, back to a focus on boss and add control, healers focus on healing not rotation

mana management matters again

nich roles for classes, some classes will be better at some bosses - deal with it.

that's it for a quick list
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

- I would bring back the talents of MOP and WOD.
    - I would bring back the WOD PVP system.
    - I would make the Class Order Hall (legion) reborn with several "class masters" who would give us several specific quests for our Class and of course ... rewards and xmogs for our class.
    - I would keep Warmode.
    - I would keep the LFG.
    - This last one does not exist in any past expansion (it is too sophisticated for devs) but I would put a DYE SYSTEM so that we can paint our xmogs in the color we like .. or else I would bring all the Class Sets back with dozens of different re-colors and yes ... Rogue would have his first and deserved ... 100% -full-black-xmog !!

I loved the storylines in WoTLK

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Nice list - this is what I was hoping to see. But you forgot to include my #1 favorite from Legion, Mage Tower

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think of Legion as a base design, World Quests, Dungeon/Raids.

- Mythic+ and Challenge Mode exists: Mythic+ is Gear/Seasonal Title, Challenge Mode is Cosmetic/Realm Best Title
    - Great Vault Weekly loot (Option to chose a reward from each M+, PVP and Raiding)
    - Mythic+ Seasonal Affixes (BFA/Shadowlands) with BFA/Shadowlands structure and Valor
    - Mythic+ Gear can be upgraded to Raid Level (i.e. 226), however end of Raid Bosses (Denathrius/SLG) still drop higher (233)
    - Raiding includes Tier Sets. Tokens for Weapons and Tier shared between certain Classes
    - Gear can once again be traded to Guild Members in full Guild group situations (Raids/Dungeons)
    - Profession Crafted normal Raid difficulty items (limited BoEs, Recipe drops from the Raid)
    - PVP Gear now has PVP Power on items to replace AGI/INT/STR, allowing PVP to be tuned somewhat seperately than PVE and making PVE Gear limited in PVP and PVP Gear in PVE
    - PVP Gear is roughly 200 Baseline and goes up 6 ilvl per bracket (206, 212, 218, 224). Weapons only go up to 224.
    - PVP Trinket Set Bonus increases PVP Resilience to 40% of PVP Power (Shadowlands style bonus).
    - The aim of the PVP Changes is to limit PVP Gear in PVE, Make PVP Gear best for PVP and allow tuning regarding pacing of the game to be done with less interferance to PVE.
    - Shadowlands Legendaries. Soul Ash can be earned from Raid Bosses, Mythic+ and PVP via the Great Vault and you can also purchase small amounts of Soul Ash with Valor/Conquest
    - BFA Emissaries for World Quests. Rewards can include Gear, Gold, Soul Ash (Small) and Valor/Conquest (Small). Players can make their Legendaries by playing the game how they want. More/Shorter World Quests. Able to customise rewards slightly with Mission Table followers (More Gold, Rep, Follower EXP, Materials).
    - Mission Table/Order Hall similar to Legion. Few followers, longer missions, more meaningful choices. Class Specific Content.

Went on longer than I expected honestly but it's late so I'll leave it here.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    If you were to choose a combination of already released WoW content, what things would you want to include into your custom made expansion from content all the way from classic to SL? Make a list of features, but they have to be already released/existing WoW content, not imagined or desired changes.

Edit: adding an example

• From Vanilla: levelling not being completely trivial. Things like UBRS or BRD would also be neat.
    • From BC: zone design (which includes music, BC has some of the best tracks ever imo), HC dungeons.
    • From WotLK: badges, glyphs, stats like hit or defense.
    • From Cata: nothing. Cata is in my top 3 of bad xpacs.
    • From MoP: general ambiance, class design, WF (technically "thunderforged" at the time).
    • From WoD: expanded garrisons, i.e. much more customisation, raid design.
    • From Legion: artifacts, world quests, class halls, Suramar.
    • From BfA: nothing. BfA as a whole can DIAF as far as I'm concerned.
    • From SL: expanded character customisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.