Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    The first leak of Bolvar and the SL trailer was pretty low quality as well.
    nah the first leak of it was literally top quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Plus way too much work for a fake screenshot. Like would you just make a whole CGI landscape to mess with people?
    Heh uhh yes entirely fucking yes.
    have you not seen some of the stuff people go through for april fools day?
    or did you forget about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    If we do get the Dragon Isles, I'll be annoyed if it's not a flying continent.

You're all assuming it's travelling, and not just in a nearby, recognisable location as the camera swoops in just in time for some dialogue.
    Yes, i was going with the other poster's supposition.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    A fair point. But I don't think this is comparative. This seems to be ingame models and the harbor was kinda ready. But CGI Borean Tundra? We haven't seen that before.

There's a massively disproportionate number of people who have the skills to basically edit in game models for something akin to a machinima versus someone who can create a cinematic quality piece of work. Again not saying it's not possible, but to my eye, just like when the Bolvar screenshot and Shadowlands logo leaked... to me it's obvious what's professionally done vs fan stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's related to WoW 2

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's a massively disproportionate number of people who have the skills to basically edit in game models for something akin to a machinima versus someone who can create a cinematic quality piece of work. Again not saying it's not possible, but to my eye, just like when the Bolvar screenshot and Shadowlands logo leaked... to me it's obvious what's professionally done vs fan stuff.

When you make it this low quality, yeah there is a lot of people who can do stuff like this, for fucks sakes with this low quality this literally could have been done in minecraft.

like look at this, just a screenshot of minecraft with some slight alterations.

like zoom out far enough, pixelate it enough, can easily be done.

And no im not saying this is done in minecraft, although far enough away, it could be because of this low quality screenshot. it could be anything, its easy to make something then hide the imperfections behind low quality.

like these, looks like they could be amazing pre-renders right, but just someone took a picture with horrid quality camera.

They are fucking valheim.

This could be legit. But just because it looks nice does not instantly confirm its legit.

I mean this looks insanely well done, and yet it was fake.

like look at this fake smash bros leak, ltierally everything in this image is fake, no skull kid, no bandana dee, no pokemon balloon stage, and yet it is so well made.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-26 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean this looks insanely well done, and yet it was fake.

That map is basically the artstyle they use for ingame map which can be replicated MUCH easier then the image the OP posted about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That map is basically the artstyle they use for ingame map which can be replicated MUCH easier then the image the OP posted about.
    not really, its easy to load up a generic 3d map of lets say skyrim, use map editor to make some things that look like places in wow, alter a wow model to look like one from a cienamtic, add some effects, and then just trash the quality to hide mistakes.

like looking at the necropolis there is barely a texture. blizz literally did this in vanilla wow, the necropolis naxramas didnt have a texture, it was just grey, a silihoutte in the distance a giant grey blob, but because of the distance and it appearing in the fog it got away with it.

its so low quality it could easily be made by a person with just too much free time and fancied up to look better, its easy to hide stuff behind low quality.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-26 at 11:21 PM.

snip.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how people are clamping onto the "it looks high quality/like a cgi cinematic" angle. It's so low res and blurry, it wouldn't be that hard to fake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure how people are clamping onto the "it looks high quality/like a cgi cinematic" angle. It's so low res and blurry, it wouldn't be that hard to fake.

Hey guys here is a new screenshot that is way too high quality to be fake from the oh wait
    its literrally a skyrim screenshot.

Hey guys here is a new screenshot that is way too high quality to be fake from the oh wait
    Ok now make it look like Borean Tundra with tuskarr architecture and add the Maldraxxus necropolis from a different angle and then blend it all together perfectly so it looks like a cohesive image....

You're not making the point you think you're making.

Just gotta crop out the Maldraxxus necropolis from the CGI cinematic and paste it there and you're good to go.

Eh, this bickering is tiring. It's good enough quality to be real. Might be a fake. Who knows, we'll see. No point arguing about it now. You can't prove whether it's fake or not so let's just wait.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

7+ Year Old Account

Guys its the grand canyon!

Wow look at these mountains!

Man such a beutifiul forest!

Oh wait its all fucking minecraft.
    Just because it "looks high quality" does not mean its real, you can easily hide the imperfections with low quality "capture"

yall need some captain disillusion in your lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ok now make it look like Borean Tundra with tuskarr architecture and add the Maldraxxus necropolis from a different angle and then blend it all together perfectly so it looks like a cohesive image....

You're not making the point you think you're making.
    Easy, its called open up the skyrim map editor and add some generic wow models, and make it look "sorta like" the wow zone so that people fill in the gaps.

Oh shit yall see they making a new wow game with has a hand of ragnaros!
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-26 at 11:36 PM.

You're trying REALLY hard right now.

Uhm, you're repeating yourself like 3rd time now. Who are you talking to, anyway?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

7+ Year Old Account
    i assume they are still taking the recipe of other expansions and 9.2 will be just like before, a "break" from the main plot, that will lead to the finale somehow

like in bfa we had nazjatar and nagas as "filler" before going to the main enemy. Sio i can totally see a 9.2 being in azeroth/nortrend, so we deal with that before going to the finale in shadowlands again.

Another movie? unlikely after the first one failing, a serie/tv show? knowing blizz they will do that when nobody cares about series anymore or when its not so hot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    thats what we all wanted haha. whenever the warcraft movie was announced, thats literally what every person wanted to see, instead they make their own warcraft 1 storyline...
    only arthas fans wanted that, it make no sense to start a wow/warcraft movie/franchise/universe with him, it would be another movie who fail because it was made for fans

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Another movie? unlikely after the first one failing, a serie/tv show? knowing blizz they will do that when nobody cares about series anymore or when its not so hot anymore.
    100% impossible that it's a movie. Blockbuster movie productions aren't hidden so far in development that there's cgi footage already made. News gets reported well before pre-production even begins.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when these 'leaks' were somewhat believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok uhhh, no need to be snarky... yikes
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi