Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That's actually not true? We got a legit Shadowlands Cinematic leak with Bolvar (Ion even joked about it during the reveal) aswell as some Bastion artwork before Shadowlands announcement.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...on-bolvar-leak

Are you seriously saying the quality between those leaks and this is comparable? Silliest thing I've ever read

Quote Originally Posted by blaatschaap View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...on-bolvar-leak

Are you seriously saying the quality between those leaks and this is comparable? Silliest thing I've ever read
    Well in your version, you just have to give massive kudos to the feller who remodeled the Maldraxxus necropoli just for a fake leak, and also accurately depicted a familiar Northrend location.

Even as somebody who enjoys the joke, or enjoys the idea of fake leaks that way and the effort, I could not see anyone putting in that much Sculpting/rendering work for a 'leak.'

Simple fact is we haven't seen the Necropolis from that angle yet, and so we can rule out photoshop.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Well in your version, you just have to give massive kudos to the feller who remodeled the Maldraxxus necropoli just for a fake leak, and also accurately depicted a familiar Northrend location.

Even as somebody who enjoys the joke, or enjoys the idea of fake leaks that way and the effort, I could not see anyone putting in that much Sculpting/rendering work for a 'leak.'

Simple fact is we haven't seen the Necropolis from that angle yet, and so we can rule out photoshop.
    Uhh, looks like you're looking at the wrong pic. You're confusing the (fake) leak with promo material. Look elsewhere in the thread for the image this thread is actually about

I'd never doubt the lengths some people will go to to make fakes, though.

Remember the Stormwind Harbor one? Not the same level of quality, to be sure, but still quite far along for a fake.

I hope if we do end up in Northrend two things happen:

1. He tries to raise Galakrond. Dragon stuff happens. Potentially a scenario like End Time dungeon.

2. They clear up some of the muddyness involving Yogg-Saron the "god of death" and the clear aesthetic correlation between the Old God serving Nerubians / Scourge Necropoli and Maldraxxi House of Eyes / Necropoli. Whats the connection and why?

Quote Originally Posted by blaatschaap View Post
    Uhh, looks like you're looking at the wrong pic. You're confusing the (fake) leak with promo material. Look elsewhere in the thread for the image this thread is actually about
    No sir-y. Looking at this one. Same as the rest of us. No confusion here.
    https://instagram.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn....3D%3D.2-ccb7-4

Where we see the Necropolis from a brand new angle, 3 corners visible, viewing from a corner-side rather than head on as shown in the SL promo video.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

Remember the Stormwind Harbor one? Not the same level of quality, to be sure, but still quite far along for a fake.
    This is true, but I tend to think that as you said, it's not the same artistic medium, and was a lot more believable to be mocked-up by a fan.
    Though that one didn't seeeem to be photoshopped elements either. So good reminder to keep our heads on.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-04-26 at 07:08 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

1. He tries to raise Galakrond. Dragon stuff happens. Potentially a scenario like End Time dungeon.

2. They clear up some of the muddyness involving Yogg-Saron the "god of death" and the clear aesthetic correlation between the Old God serving Nerubians / Scourge Necropoli and Maldraxxi House of Eyes / Necropoli. Whats the connection and why?
    Are you trying to imply Mawsworn Galakrond means shit?

I asked this several pages ago, but got no answer: regarding the connection of Yogg-Saron to the Lich King... could the Jailer just resurrect Yogg as an undead old god?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Not supporting the leak or whatever, but worth nothing that there was a "Galakrond's Fall" map in 8.2 that was basically Dragonblight but without any of the colorful areas. I don't think it's been used yet.

https://twitter.com/marlamin/status/...173633?lang=en

This is true, but I tend to think that as you said, it's not the same artistic medium, and was a lot more believable to be mocked-up by a fan.
    Though that one didn't seeeem to be photoshopped elements either. So good reminder to keep our heads on.
    Yup. One thing I remember in particular were people going "those boats haven't been seen with Sylvanas' symbol before!" and they were right (far as I can remember anyway) but it was a simple model modification in truth.

But a lot of people took it as truth.

Honestly with this leak, I went back and started going through a lot of the supposed leaks for Shadowlands and it never fails to amuse me some of the ideas people had. Here's the google document compiling a ton of them, if you want a laugh. I'm saving these up for whenever the next set of expansion leaks come out and everyone goes "this has to be true, such-and-such posted in the past and they were correct!" And so forth.

No sir-y. Looking at this one. Same as the rest of us. No confusion here.
    https://instagram.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn....3D%3D.2-ccb7-4

Where we see the Necropolis from a brand new angle, 3 corners visible, viewing from a corner-side rather than head on as shown in the SL promo video.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mal...s_art_pack.png

Really not seeing what you're seeing. Looks like to be just a slightly edited and extremely grainy and blurry version of cutout from the above artwork

We should beware that whoever made this Fan Art of Maldraxxi Draka could be trolling us:

DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

Knowing what it takes to make an image like this I'm going to say that it's like a 95% chance to be real.

- - - Updated - - -

We should beware that whoever made this Fan Art of Maldraxxi Draka could be trolling us:

<snip>
    There are definitely people in the community who have the skill to make an image like this but whats the % chance a person has both the skill and the appetite to troll? Gonna stick with 5% chance its fake lol.

Knowing what it takes to make an image like this I'm going to say that it's like a 95% chance to be real.
    Fair enough. I'll admit to really not knowing much about how to make such a picture myself. My photoshop skills are atrocious at best.

But I'm always of the mind to hedge my bets. Again, I remember so many people being so sure that Harbor image was legit and we all know how that turned out.

This way, I'm not too surprised either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not supporting the leak or whatever, but worth nothing that there was a "Galakrond's Fall" map in 8.2 that was basically Dragonblight but without any of the colorful areas. I don't think it's been used yet.

https://twitter.com/marlamin/status/...173633?lang=en
    Good to hear from you! And very interesting.

Are there more Northrend-related new / updated models as mentioned some pages ago (like for mammoths etc)? Do you know about some that would fall into the Northrend category and further support this leak?

There are definitely people in the community who have the skill to make an image like this but whats the % chance a person has both the skill and the appetite to troll? Gonna stick with 5% chance its fake lol.

Agreed. Just playing to the doubters a bit.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Good to hear from you! And very interesting.

Are there more Northrend-related new / updated models as mentioned some pages ago (like for mammoths etc)? Do you know about some that would fall into the Northrend category and further support this leak?
    Can't say I've looked to deep into any Northrend-related changes in 9.1 (there's always changes in a bunch of old content in patches like that).

I‘m totally digging the idea of the Jailer resurrecting Galakrond, but how would that tie over into the next expansion? Dragon Isles, return of the Aspects and Galakrond as a super pumped up Deathwing sounds neat, but what’s with the Jailer then? And how would this transition from the end of Shadowlands to the start of the next expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by himmelschein View Post

found on 4chan and classic sub
    Looks like necropolis (naxxramas?) and northrend. Maybe connected to 9.1 maybe not. Classic WotLK? Warcraft 4?
    Could be the Ebon Hold perhaps the Death Knights will be launhcing a full scale invasion. It could also be a Necropolis from the Necrolords.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I asked this several pages ago, but got no answer: regarding the connection of Yogg-Saron to the Lich King... could the Jailer just resurrect Yogg as an undead old god?
    The answer is "probably" in my opinion.

IIRC, Cho'gall in the comics tried to resurrect C'thun didn't he? And was stopped by medan (is he still cannon anymore even?). Also interesting to note, C'thun despite being dead was still giving off maddening whispers at its corpse.

I doubt the Blizz gave up on the idea of being able to revive the old gods and could be a way to tie into a void themed expansion at some point with old gods returning back to life / undeath?

Just speculation on my part which is why I believe it is probable but no solid evidence one way or the other.
    Last edited by lazypeon100; 2021-04-26 at 07:39 PM.