Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's a vanity item. You don't NEED it. It's not "DLC", it's not "content", it's literally a vanity mount.
    I get you love the idea that someone can create a game, have it be 100%, then pull back to 99% and sell that 1% for more profit.

Imagine if they did this on cartridge games back in the day. You probably too young to even know what I'm talking about. But the fact you think this practice is ok, or that 'times have change' is the very reason this exists in the first place.

If I can mount up in game with ALL THE OTHER MOUNTS, and I can't with this because they put it behind a pay wall, it's not a vanity item. If it was, then every single mount should be on the store instead of in game for in game currency. But it's not and you don't want to see that.

I love how people want to know yet look away when shown. My reasoning has NOTHING to do with being upset someone has something that is only a reskin, but I grew up playing video games in which I could reskin myself free. I grew up playing games where the community put out voice packs, maps, skins, etc and it was free. You were allowed to mod your game.

But we got Blizzard saying we can't reskin the game, and instead you gotta pay them to do so. Then you got them telling you it's not really your account you're playing but instead THEIRS.

It's sad some of you have no idea how great it was to be a gamer in the 90s/2000s.

To those who say it's had no negative impact. I just gave you solid reasons. I could reskin my Unreal/Doom game. I could install different voice packs if I wanted. I could reskin and change settings in GTA2, etc. Yes, the way gaming has gone, has negatively impacted my enjoyment and replayibliity of a game. I remember reskinning and modding on ps2 in Unreal Tournament.

Some of you have no clue.
    Last edited by scelero; 2021-04-29 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my Vanilla/BC/Etc. Collector's Edition upgrades
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Because everyone who is crying like a 2 year child simply do not have the mental ability to see that a mount shop has zero impact on gameplay.

Every single person who is moaning about it are just yelling cause they are childish.

Collector's edition in-game items have been a thing since WoW began. Every expac has launched with special CE stuff. Why do people have a problem with it all of a sudden? Half the Wowhead comments are screaming bloody murder over it.

It's a vanity mount that doesn't affect gameplay at all. Why the salt?
    You ask why the wow fanbase is losing their mind

Bro they havent had their mind since Blizzard announced the Alliance were getting Shaman

You cant lose what you never had

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "Its just a mount that dosnt affect any gameplay" is just what ppl said years before the boost was added to retail, and if u cant see the similarities, you are blind.
    Sorry, the two things are entirely different. There is no similarity.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    rant
    That was a great story grandpa. You basically just ranted and didn't even bring up a valid counter argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean wasn't it WotLK when the shop happened anyway? Just getting it an expansion early now. Just don't buy the thing if you don't want it. If it upsets you so much then quit the game. I don't know what else to really say about it at this point because it is obvious they are doing it. They have already pull the plug on the investment it looks like.
    That's some defeatist attitude.

People want this shit away from the game. Let them tell Blizz to fuck off

Sad to see so many people defending cash shops.

Want to put up a CE, then do it like the 15th anniversary for classic, not a mount in the shop disguised as digital only CE.

Wow sub feels worse to me then a cash shop, the sub is like 22$ a month here.....

Game pass ultimate is 18.99 and it extends to my family, I get 500 games on console, 100 on PC, 40 on my phone, 4 free games to keep a month, and xbox live.
    ESO is 18.99$ and they give me currency to buy store mounts and mog.

I just don't get why WoW thinks they can charge a sub that is the most I spend, more then any streaming service I use, more then xbox game pass ultimate, more then my ESO sub... and then have no content for 140+ days and add shit to the cash shop... that's what bothers me.... it just feels so fucking greedy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean 58 boosts are going to be a thing even if its just one per account or whatever the details are on it (I don't really care to know because I just.. don't care) and that seems to affect the game a lot more than a mount from a collectors edition and so many people will have it won't be special or really all that meaningful at all anyway.
    Ostensibly the boosts are there to replace characters that are going to be stranded on Classic servers by people who don't want to transfer them over. Given that they're coming in as fresh characters without accumulated wealth, and the vast majority of people playing BCC will already be experienced with the game, I don't think it'll actually impact the game very much. Especially when you consider that the servers are going to be around for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Sorry, the two things are entirely different. There is no similarity.
    well, thats not entirely true, buying either mount or boost have zero impact on other players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Wow sub feels worse to me then a cash shop, the sub is like 22$ a month here.....

Game pass ultimate is 18.99 and it extends to my family, I get 500 games on console, 100 on PC, 40 on my phone, 4 free games to keep a month, and xbox live.
    ESO is 18.99$ and they give me currency to buy store mounts and mog.

I just don't get why WoW thinks they can charge a sub that is the most I spend, more then any streaming service I use, more then xbox game pass ultimate, more then my ESO sub... and then have no content for 140+ days and add shit to the cash shop... that's what bothers me.... it just feels so fucking greedy.
    heres something you should figure out by now - if you think its not worth it, UNSUBSCRIBE FFS
    i dont know if its thing in other countries or why i find it so weird, but wow is only thing i see people moaning about being not worth the money and still paying it... just... why?!

it's just TRH over again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA

Worse than any store mounts, is the wowtoken. And now they're putting mounts in classic, how long till the token also shows up? a year? 2? wotlk?

Blizzard has been gearing up to monetizing the game hardcore since the start.
    Box price
    Monthly sub
    payed transfer servers
    payed race changes
    store mounts
    store pets
    store transmog
    wow token

As a consumer we're being bled dry by blizzards greedy business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Ostensibly the boosts are there to replace characters that are going to be stranded on Classic servers by people who don't want to transfer them over. Given that they're coming in as fresh characters without accumulated wealth, and the vast majority of people playing BCC will already be experienced with the game, I don't think it'll actually impact the game very much. Especially when you consider that the servers are going to be around for years and years.
    only impact it will have is there will be more players, as some people who dont want to drag their ass through tedious vanila leveling but want to play bc will buy boost, thats it, impact on economy will be absolutely minimal to the point it wont be noticeable and thats it, nothing else will be impacted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    it's just TRH over again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA

Worse than any store mounts, is the wowtoken. And now they're putting mounts in classic, how long till the token also shows up? a year? 2? wotlk?

Blizzard has been gearing up to monetizing the game hardcore since the start.
    Box price
    Monthly sub
    payed transfer servers
    payed race changes
    store mounts
    store pets
    store transmog
    wow token

As a consumer we're being bled dry by blizzards greedy business model.
    and you can ignore most of that, or actualy have that all for gold, so technicaly for "free" just by playing the game... subscription and game itself included...
    if people want to waste their money on cosmetic stuff its their problem, not OURS... and i know, you will probably argue the mounts could be ingame reward but..no, they would simply not exist at all
    people are complaining about being "bled dry" yet a lot of us paid ZERO for sub since introduction of token...

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    The thing is, this isn't an expac launch. You literally don't have to buy the game to have access. Are you really stupid enough to believe that this blatant store mount isn't a store mount just because they aren't calling it that? Because "naw man they've always done this"

and do you not think they're doing this to prime us for an actual full-blown in-game mount shop? Which, when they implement it, people will rush to defend them by saying "Naw man what's the difference between this and the deluxe edition bundle for the Stalker?"
    I hope you do realize that financial options doesnt decide what a product is.

Its an expansion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    thats it, impact on economy will be absolutely minimal to the point it wont be noticeable and thats it, nothing else will be impacted
    Bots are most certainly going to take advantage of the boost and saying its impact will be only "minimal" is utterly laughable, especially in TBC where you can buy a sizeable portion of (pre raid) BiS exclusively via gold, you can be sure as shit that especially those that purchased the boost will be heavily inclined to also buy gold.

Entering the Classic economy with no gold at all, without any profession, while you still need to cough up gold for mount skills will put a lot of people into a tough spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    people are complaining about being "bled dry" yet a lot of us paid ZERO for sub since introduction of token...
    And some people actually stopped interacting with the game itself and rather take out their credit card to play the game.

Bear in mind that Blizzard would rather see everybody financing their game time via tokens because it's far better for their bottomline.

If they introduce the store for Classic i will simply quit.

3+ Year Old Account
    Sinmple as it it. People who dont enjoy the game anymore will sax anything as a reason to justify their loss of interest in the game.

It has been like this since 2005. If someone has been following the game since knows that ppl were burying the game for anything they could come up to give a reason to themselves ehy they dont like it anymore.

Collector's edition in-game items have been a thing since WoW began. Every expac has launched with special CE stuff. Why do people have a problem with it all of a sudden? Half the Wowhead comments are screaming bloody murder over it.

It's a vanity mount that doesn't affect gameplay at all. Why the salt?
    People just bitch because they like bitching...
    I am not happy we have storemounts (which this basically is) but we get BC for free with our sub. Soooo... let htem make some money. I rather have these few mounts once or twice a year than whatever all the other MMOs like FF14 and Black desert have like the shitshow that is Mogry Station the FF14 Crowd gobbles up.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    but we get BC for free with our sub.
    I think this is extremely poor logic under the light of the fact that Blizzard handed out Classic without any box price attached to it less than two years ago and Classic was unquestionably the bigger effort of the two because they had develop the tech to make in the first place, which they are now using to develop TBC.

Putting aside that there are quite a few people that exclusively play Classic and are still paying full price of the monthly sub, which i see as a rather poor deal as Blizzard offers no alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know Classic was a huge success for Bli$$ard when they are now stuffing it with cosmetics and mounts and a boost and an in game shop. Bli$$ard themselves stated they never expected Classic to be half as successful as it was, and you know when its successful the money vultures come come knocking to capitalise.

Personally I just cannot be assed to care anymore, people complain and defend Blizzard and feel that Bli$$ard get hate because its cool to hate Bli$$ard but truth its it's because of stunts like this that make's you wonder why that is.

I am not buying TBC Classic anyway., I lived through that expansion and had the best memories of my life playing through all the content it offered (minus half of sunwell), even crafted Stormherald for my ret paladin and that felt like a huge deal back then because of all the effort I put in. I chose not to replay TBC because I feel like those memories cannot be relived by just replaying it, but just remembered as they were. (also I unsubbed from retail back in January so I cannot come back anyway lol)

One thing Bli$$ard cannot take away from me is the experience I had and the memories I keep.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-29 at 07:01 AM.