Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFoZlLr8DgQ

Or are you right in wow only invoke the spirit of the people who are supposed to be in the jaws lit fires.

Well you can take that in all the other sources where we see Maiev fight she uses shadow magic.
    ah horde side that would be why I missed it. as to other sources no where does it ever say she uses shadow magic it could be just normal rouge stuff not linked to any cosmic power like we have seen other rouges do.

If we ignore all the Lore of the Druids to be cleaning the corruption of the emerald nightmare over and over again.
    did you not do the emerald nightmare raid? when you die corrupted by the nightmare you don't pass onto the shadowlands that's why the dragons and ursoc were raid bosses in there Elune bypassed all something druids can't do

is the owl in the picture I linked and he's suppose to be blue /silver like he is in all official art, ingame model flops fall behind of official art when it comes to actual lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep is a druidc Power.

PS: Maiev's blinck is a power given to her by Elune and is arcane or from the shadows. Depending on the version of it.
    God I hate edit quoting.

The night elfs outlawed arcane maiev litteraly goes on a killing spree when they let arcane users back in she doesn’t use arcane and neither did any other night elf until cata.

As to it being shadow magic I don’t think there’s an official night elf stance on the type but it’s more likely to just fall under the same thing as non sub routes where she’s not using actual shadow/void/magic. No matter what it is though no one elune aligned has ever been shown to use shadow so there’s no reason to think elune is giving just her shadow powers because she has one spell called shadow clones.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    ???

Void Lords = Outer Gods. While the Old Gods = Great Old Ones.

First Ones = Watchmakers of all existence. Beyond anything Titan or Order related.

Six Cosmic Pantheons = Literally like the Titan Pantheon, but for a different Cosmic Power.

The Jailer = Edgy Darkseid.
    Yeah. Outer Gods are much bigger Great Old ones with cosmic power, like Void Lords are much bigger Old Gods.

First Ones, the Progenitors of entire Warcraft Universe.
    Titans is also the Progenitors of Physical Universe.

and Other Pantheons of different cosmic powers is below the First ones, like titanic keeper pantheon is below Titan pantheon.

The jailer.... True master of Lich king and Scourge, another Sargeras but BALD and NAKED.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Yeah. Outer Gods are much bigger Great Old ones with cosmic power, like Void Lords are much bigger Old Gods.

First Ones, the Progenitors of entire Warcraft Universe.
    Titans is also the Progenitors of Physical Universe.

and Other Pantheons of different cosmic powers is below the First ones, like titanic keeper pantheon is below Titan pantheon.

The jailer.... True master of Lich king and Scourge, another Sargeras but BALD and NAKED.
    The Titans are not the progenitors of the Physical Universe, the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

The Progenitors of Reality would be Light and Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think most people thought it was Eonar, if not just because their themes have heavy overlap being associated with nature. That said, it's still possible that she is referring to Eonar and that the Tear of Elune is actually just something that was created by Eonar and eventually coopted by the Elves.
    This level of bending is not good for health

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    FWI, this Tear of Elune has nothing to do with the one in Legion. This one comes out of Tyrande after overcoming the hatred/power of the Night Warrior.
    I was wondering about that because I still have the Legion one in my bags lol
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    ah horde side that would be why I missed it. as to other sources no where does it ever say she uses shadow magic it could be just normal rouge stuff not linked to any cosmic power like we have seen other rouges do.
    https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/heroes/maiev/
    Send a shadow of Maiev outward that will return to its cast location, dealing 150 damage to enemies along both paths. If an enemy Hero is hit, reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds.

did you not do the emerald nightmare raid? when you die corrupted by the nightmare you don't pass onto the shadowlands that's why the dragons and ursoc were raid bosses in there Elune bypassed all something druids can't do
    Malfurion purified teldrassil.
    The difference is that Elune has more healing power than Malfurion and the Druids.

is the owl in the picture I linked and he's suppose to be blue /silver like he is in all official art, ingame model flops fall behind of official art when it comes to actual lore.
    So we have to assume that this green model is for the owls of the other priestesses?So we have to assume that this green model is for the owls of the other priestesses?
    All the other owls are green but the one belonging to the chief priestess is Silver.

The night elfs outlawed arcane maiev litteraly goes on a killing spree when they let arcane users back in she doesn’t use arcane and neither did any other night elf until cata.

As to it being shadow magic I don’t think there’s an official night elf stance on the type but it’s more likely to just fall under the same thing as non sub routes where she’s not using actual shadow/void/magic. No matter what it is though no one elune aligned has ever been shown to use shadow so there’s no reason to think elune is giving just her shadow powers because she has one spell called shadow clones.
    In Heros of the pure shadow. In WoW mechanics is arcane magic. In W3 would imply that it is magic of the shadows by following his aesthetics.

The issue is it's not light magic. (Like other things.)

Elune has magic of all types except demonic.

PD: Raises an invulnerable feral spirit from the corpses of fallen units. Lasts 50 seconds or until the avatar dies.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-05-01 at 03:07 AM.

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/heroes/maiev/
    Send a shadow of Maiev outward that will return to its cast location, dealing 150 damage to enemies along both paths. If an enemy Hero is hit, reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds.
    Heros of the storm means nothing to wow lore.

Malfurion purified teldrassil.
    The difference is that Elune has more healing power than Malfurion and the Druids.
    Teldrassil is a tree it doesn't have a soul like the green dragons.

So we have to assume that this green model is for the owls of the other priestesses?So we have to assume that this green model is for the owls of the other priestesses?
    All the other owls are green but the one belonging to the chief priestess is Silver.
    no were to assume the green one is from the one of the tamable spirits beast or other forest spirts like in the emerald nightmare raid and has nothing to do with the priest of elune as other then tyranda there not known for all using owls.

In Heros of the pure shadow. In WoW mechanics is arcane magic. In W3 would imply that it is magic of the shadows by following his aesthetics.

The issue is it's not light magic. (Like other things.)

Elune has magic of all types except demonic.

PD: Raises an invulnerable feral spirit from the corpses of fallen units. Lasts 50 seconds or until the avatar dies.
    I think your main problem is your looking at abunch of game mechanics and saying they apply to lore when they don't and in some cases go against the lore comply like with the use of arcane.

Teldrassil is a tree it doesn't have a soul like the green dragons.
    Did we ever see the Light heal the nightmare?

no were to assume the green one is from the one of the tamable spirits beast or other forest spirts like in the emerald nightmare raid and has nothing to do with the priest of elune as other then tyranda there not known for all using owls.
    IF Color cannot be trusted. So that you can trust.
    You don't care about names.
    You don't care about the tone of the magic.
    You don't care that elune is almost always linked to nature.

I think your main problem is your looking at abunch of game mechanics and saying they apply to lore when they don't and in some cases go against the lore comply like with the use of arcane.
    Your problem is that you are only paying attention to the lore of Kadgar to define Elune. Since Kadgar wasn't even sure what he was saying.

And ignoring all the lore of the Kaldorei related to Elune.

Did we ever see the Light heal the nightmare?
    yes Tyranda does it but isn't able to do a comply cleanse like Elune.

IF Color cannot be trusted. So that you can trust.
    You don't care about names.
    You don't care about the tone of the magic.
    You don't care that elune is almost always linked to nature.
    This is the color of the owl
    this is the tone of the magic and Elune is never linked to nature in any tangible way.

but ya name's are nonsense alot of the time

Your problem is that you are only paying attention to the lore of Kadgar to define Elune. Since Kadgar wasn't even sure what he was saying.

And ignoring all the lore of the Kaldorei related to Elune.
    I have not Mentioned kadgar once.
    Last edited by Daemos daemonium; 2021-05-01 at 03:36 AM.

Glad Elune isn't a First One.

Honestly, I hope we only ever get scraps of information about the First Ones and never see them in person. WoW is lacking in mystery. Speculation about First Ones and ambiguous lore is good.
    Kupo.

yes Tyranda does it but isn't able to do a comply cleanse like Elune.
    I mean only Druids and Elune. All with the theme of "life".

Yes and in other arts it is green.
    Elune's magic is Silver. It is not yellow like the Light.
    And when it's shadow magic it's black with little stars. In the new version of W3 the avatar of revenge has that color.

There is no reason to connect Elune's pale magic with the yellow magic of light. More that is called "light of elune". But since Names don't count.

I have Mentioned kadgar once.
    The only thing in favor of 100% light is that Kadgar healed a Naru.
    The rest is as Light as anything else under your theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    This level of bending is not good for health
    As I've told others, you guys got me. If Blizzard insists on giving multiple items the exact same name and then people make threads expecting everyone to simultaneously understand that these are not the same thing but are in fact different and distinct items, excuse the possible confusion. That said, I cannot wait until we have to reforge the Ashbringer. But not that Ashbringer, that one isn't relevant to the plot. We're reforging the Ashbringer that's from Maldraxxus, it's totally new and they just like the name. It's a super secret item that was never revealed until now and is going to be made from the puss that Alexandros Mograine excretes from his eye sockets.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

As I've told others, you guys got me. If Blizzard insists on giving multiple items the exact same name and then people make threads expecting everyone to simultaneously understand that these are not the same thing but are in fact different and distinct items, excuse the possible confusion. That said, I cannot wait until we have to reforge the Ashbringer. But not that Ashbringer, that one isn't relevant to the plot. We're reforging the Ashbringer that's from Maldraxxus, it's totally new and they just like the name. It's a super secret item that was never revealed until now and is going to be made from the puss that Alexandros Mograine excretes from his eye sockets.
    Because, indeed, a tear from Elune could not possibly also be called a "Tear of Elune".

That's fair. But you did kinda flub up it real good so some ragging is necessary
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I mean only Druids and Elune. All with the theme of "life".
    Elune doesn't have a theme of life.

Yes and in other arts it is green.
    Elune's magic is Silver. It is not yellow like the Light.
    And when it's shadow magic it's black with little stars. In the new version of W3 the avatar of revenge has that color.

There is no reason to connect Elune's pale magic with the yellow magic of light. More that is called "light of elune". But since Names don't count.
    No In no official art is the owl ever green they are always blue or silver.
    The light doesn't only come in yellow The draenei use yellow purple and blue and the blood knights used red. The night elf's use silver. To think it's only yellow is to ignore the none human users of the light.

The only thing in favor of 100% light is that Kadgar healed a Naru.
    The rest is as Light as anything else under your theories.
    and that the priest of Elune use the light, and that the Priest of Elune are capable of being paladins, and that other light users are able to recognize the spriest as using the light, and that elune uses does thing's we have only seen light based beings do. but if we ignore all actual lore then sure its just khadgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To be quite honest I'm not sure why Elune got to be so special. She was in WC3, but in WC3 the Light was also a nebulous entity without beings like the Naaru to embody it, the Void didn't even exist while we only had a hint of the Old Gods in the form of a tentacled miniboss, and Sargeras was just some evil dude we know nothing of rather than a planet sized Satan who cleaves worlds in half.

I'm not saying this development will be good (at best it'll just be different) but it was kind of inevitable that, in a context where the mysteries of the universe are being peeled off one by one to give us new lands to explore, raid bosses to kill and phat lewt to collect, that one kinda deity who deals with one race out of two dozens now would stop being special at some point or another.
    The Old Gods already had a similar moment when we learned that they were mountain-sized cancers flung at random by dudes that are functionally the same but outside reality so as to allow further expansions. The Light meanwhile is depersonalized by default - the naaru are just emanations of a power that represents certain traits and virtues and has power but doesn't have an associated deity. For now, anyway, give it a few years and we'll have Lightlords to loot.

That Elune has a relatively small back of the woods and that she is much more vague and connected to one race and top of having miracles attributed to her that go outside the paradigm of the other powers along with the fact that the Old Gods didn't exist in WC3 whereas the naaru were 15 years ago now are reasons why her case is different. After 20 years, any reveal would be underwhelming compared to just letting the issue lie. It's not even that I dislike the Night Warrior fare by itself in Shadowlands, it's pretty servicable, Tyrande's neutering aside, but the whole reason we're in a spot where we have to make an ersatz cosmology with the First Ones as the Titans 2.0 and the Jailer as Sarg 2.0 is because we systematically massacred the entire higher tier before. Leaving some things inexplicable or out of our reach or prone to speculation improves them. Going back to the Old Gods, how many people found them more intimidating or interesting after Chronicle than before?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Elune doesn't have a theme of life.
    Her theme is more light-based, but to say she it isn't one of her themes is erroneous

- She created the wildkin are tied in with areas of nature
    - She is the mother of Cenarius who taught nature magic and druidism to races like the Tauren and Night elves
    - The Tears of Elune were kept in Val'sharah, a place close to life and the emerald dream
    - Eonar, a titan themed on life was found on a planet called Elunaria which is obviously named after Elune
    - Now we know she is sisters with the Winter Queen who is also themed after life

Hell, isn't the Drust shit literally Deathly Druidic magics? Why can't the WQ's sister (Who is also of Nature (Tho, in its waning side) and is also shown to have some light-esc abilities) not be one of the prime sources of the Life side of Druidism? Especially since she and Malorne's child is literally the Lord of the Forests and taught Malfurion himself.
    Actually, you've got a point, since the trees in Korthia have this bluish/blackish magical tint on them:

Maybe, she spawned them.
    Or, maybe, they draw upon her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The image is rather small so me and my amazing eyes read "Take my sister's rear" and I was so confused for a moment.

You know I think it's something that goes with Elune's personality.
    And that she really got bored with the Kaldorei or something.
    And before she got bored with the trolls.
    That is how this kind of entity are. Imagine being all powerful and living for eternity. Eternity! That's hack of a lot of time! How do you spend so much time? You create distraction for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking quite outside the box. I don't see how an ancestor can call a descendant a "sister". Those are conflicting words lmao. I get it's in the realm of Possibility, but I'm of the idea that she's a part of a Life Pantheon.
    You are still thinking through mortal perception. To entities like them, there is no such words as "Ancestors" or "Descendants".

As for her being part of Life Pantheon, I am pretty sure your are 95% correct on that.
    Moderators on this site are, to put it nicely, morons. They believe any opinion contrary to popular ones are either trolling or flaming or baiting. They can not comprehend the fact that there can be people who would utterly detest what they like or million others like. Well, it is their site and their "Authoretaeh" but they are morons nonetheless.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    is this referring to the tears as in the pillar of creation? if so, i love that we're still using them. if not, still cool. awesome that her sister is elune, maybe we get some actual elune appearances soon which would be SWEET.
    yeah they are using these things still which is cool, like BFA we saw the resto shaman artifact, and the tidestone both in nazjatar.