Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Because you enjoy playing
    People don't. They need the grind for rewards to feel rewarding, and that hit of dopamine is what they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    People don't. They need the grind for rewards to feel rewarding, and that hit of dopamine is what they enjoy.
    There's no moments of dopamine prior to rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    People aren't grinding Denathrius for 250 wipes because it's fun, they're grinding him for the prestige of the title and loot.
    So exactly 0 people play for fun?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

There's no moments of dopamine prior to rewards?

So exactly 0 people play for fun?

The fun is killing the boss and getting the prestige of the kill. Not wiping 250 times. If wiping was fun people wouldn't burn out during raid tiers or join better guilds.

You join a better guild because you're tired of that one stupid Mage who stays in the AoE so he can get off his stupid Frostbolt and ends up wiping you and the Guild Lead won't replace him cause he's a wuss.

The fun is killing the boss and getting the prestige of the kill. Not wiping 250 times. If wiping was fun people wouldn't burn out during raid tiers or join better guilds.
    To you, to others the fun lies elsewhere, everyone doesn't do things for the same reasons
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

To you, to others the fun lies elsewhere, everyone doesn't do things for the same reasons

I'm feeling confident in saying that most people don't enjoy wiping 200 times on the same boss. Again, if what you said is true and people enjoy the struggle more than the kill's results, people would never leave guild for a better one. Yet that happens all the time.

I'm feeling confident in saying that most people
    But this means that there are people. I'm not saying "the majority of the playerbase feels this way" all I'm saying is that maybe people are doing content because they enjoy nothing more than being in a fight. They don't have to kill it, just being in the fight is pleasure enough.
    My Collection

But this means that there are people. I'm not saying "the majority of the playerbase feels this way" all I'm saying is that maybe people are doing content because they enjoy nothing more than being in a fight. They don't have to kill it, just being in the fight is pleasure enough.
    There's 1000 guilds that will get Cutting Edge, averaging at around 25,000 people assuming a 25 man raid team. The people that enjoy wiping over and over can probably be counted on your fingers.

There's 1000 guilds that will get Cutting Edge, averaging at around 25,000 people assuming a 25 man raid team. The people that enjoy wiping over and over can probably be counted on your fingers.
    Neither of us will ever know that, I only assert that they exist.
    My Collection

Neither of us will ever know that, I only assert that they exist.

Considering players leaving guilds for better ones or quitting raiding are a common occurrence I feel pretty safe knowing there's very few who enjoy 210 wipes.

Considering players leaving guilds for better ones or quitting raiding are a common occurrence I feel pretty safe knowing there's very few who enjoy 210 wipes.
    Its kind of a range thing. Usually people are happiest when everyone is roughly of the same skill level. When you have to large of a gap between people who need 30 pulls to master a boss and those who need 100 for an example is when you see people move around.

I can't believe this dumb thread got to 7 pages. This "idea" is not even worth discussing. It's more of a brainfart that's so stupid that I'm baffled why anyone would even bother discussing it.

Players always leave for better guilds, that's been a thing since the dawn of raiding. And how many there are is irrelevant to my original statement

Like other post, if you unlock everything then why would you continue playing.
    Because you enjoy playing
    If ONE player enjoys playing and doesn't care about wiping then my statement is true, they continue playing because they enjoy playing regardless of success or loot.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2021-05-11 at 02:09 AM.
    My Collection

Players always leave for better guilds, that's been a thing since the dawn of raiding. And how many there are is irrelevant to my original statement
    Yeah. And why do they leave? Cause they hate wiping 200 times.

Yeah. And why do they leave? Cause they hate wiping 200 times.
    That's fine, there's different people in the world, but the people who don't hate wiping 200 times and love to just play still exist.
    My Collection