Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RasAlhage View Post
    4 option is the best. If Jaina can do it, then Sylvanas can do it.
    Jaina's power was built over the years and we pretty much knew that she had the power to do what she did. Sylvannas on the other hand has no build up in terms of power and whatever happens will be out of Danusers butt. Even with that beating an old orc and a pathetic version of the Lich King doesn't make her that powerful. If the other heroes weren't occupied with Anduin during the fight she would have lost.

Death Knight Anduin however. Now that is a powerhouse that puts Sylvannas to shame. Charged straight to Kyrestia one of the eternal ones and got her down with one strike and not to mention killed her council around her with just one move. It's as I said. If the Jailer can turn Sylvannas into something relevant then what would happen if he gave that power to Anduin who was already a powerhouse.

Sometimes I feel like characters writing starts out really well because Blizzard has a coherent plan and plot, but then as time goes on and things are subject to change throughout development, they say "Fuck it, we'll do it live" and it makes the story suffer again and again.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hahaha...I found it so funny and totally NOT unexpected that it was this idiot we had to save in the Maw, only for him to get captured again and we save him from Torghast ^^

Well, her burial could come next - but yeah..sounds like he did spoil it and she doesn't die indeed.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ith-Morgan-Day

It makes sense to loot Sylvanas's bow from her "corpse".

Note how "corpse" is put into quotation marks ^^ - IMHO it doesn't confirm her death...actually quite the opposite.
    Could mean we kill her, but instead of dying, she just leaves her body and stays in banshee form? That would let us loot her corpse without killing her. My head hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Jaina's power was built over the years and we pretty much knew that she had the power to do what she did. Sylvannas on the other hand has no build up in terms of power and whatever happens will be out of Danusers butt. Even with that beating an old orc and a pathetic version of the Lich King doesn't make her that powerful. If the other heroes weren't occupied with Anduin during the fight she would have lost.
    Sylvanas canonical power from pretty much the get go was the epitome of an anti caster, with her screech being strong enough to shatter armor around her, even negating regenerative powers, the chain bullshit and her death laser was new. But she was always top tier, not ridiculous levels of Malfurion but very much up there.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    She had full conscience and she was raised by Arthas using Frostmourne, not those Valkyr. The 2nd time, she exchanged place with one of the Valkyr and even after that, she had full conscience. It is completely different than her minions who can't go one minute without thinking "Glory to the dark lady". Everything she did, she did with full conscience. If you truly want to believe that her "good self" was taken away by the Jailer, then I ask: Why did she feel so disgusted by the thought of turning her own two nephews into undead and pushed away her sister when she offered to become a Forsaken?

There is no point arguing over this, the writing of blizzard is so shitty that they contradict one line with the next line. This is pretty much pointless.

And then there are idiotic fapboys! After reading all the lore and playing through the game, they still question whether or not Sylvanas messed with the souls with her Valkyr...
    There is something better if El careclero took his good side.
    Is it the bad side of him that decides to help the blood elves? Who decides to make a treaty with the Wargens instead of more war? The one who decides to fight alongside Varian and jump to help him in Legion?

So these are all "evil" things?
    She should have left his race alone.
    Killed the most Warguens.
    Letting Varian Die in the cutscene.

Her story has never been interesting.

Not even slightly.

I think it could be cool to see Sylvanas vs Sylvanas, both halves of her soul fighting each other. Some sort of Dark Crystal plot going on, with perhaps a merger at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

The 2nd time, she exchanged place with one of the Valkyr
    We don't know this. It was never actually shown. We saw Valkyr offer the deal, then we see someone claiming to be Sylvanas riding around Silverpine. The part where she says yes is omitted. She might have said no, and then it could have been some other soul, or her evil half of her soul, that accepted and was put in Sylvanas' body.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what happens now? Currently there are 4 option.

1)Blizzard lies and she dies completely by the might of the raiders just like every other raid boss and we loot her corpse.
    2)She dies and we destroy the Bad Part of her Soul, we loot the corpse and the good part is in the Shadowlands somewhere where we will need to find to take it to the body.
    3)The Jailer succeeds in his plan and intervenes escaping with her for the next phase of the plan before the raiders kill her.
    4)And worst scenario she uses a power never used before created on the fly out of Danusers butt, incapacitates the raiders, says a monologue saying that we cannot stop the end and escapes.

So which one will it be?
    Personally, I see a 5th option which IMO is the most likely path we go down. But here's my thoughts on the first four.

1. Most unlikely. There would be no point in having a Sylvanas book in Feb if she fully died off at the end of SoD.
    2. Unlikely. Carrying the body as some sort of treasure to whomever would keep it while we get her good soul would be a weird story point to have. Would she be encase in Oribos in a literal "break glass in case of plot emergency" box?
    3. Somewhat unlikely, though it definitely seems to fit with the Azshara/N'Zoth parallels that Sylvanas/Jailer have.
    4. As much as Danuser likes to "enough!" plot points, it's hard to see that happening at the end of a fight. Though if that power is Nathanos, it's possible.

Currently, I see her surviving as a prisoner once the Jailer takes her power back for himself. We will want to kill her, but she will bargain her life for information on how to free Anduin. While working with her to free him, she'll eventually get the missing part of her soul back.

She had full conscience and she was raised by Arthas using Frostmourne, not those Valkyr. The 2nd time, she exchanged place with one of the Valkyr and even after that, she had full conscience. It is completely different than her minions who can't go one minute without thinking "Glory to the dark lady". Everything she did, she did with full conscience. If you truly want to believe that her "good self" was taken away by the Jailer, then I ask: Why did she feel so disgusted by the thought of turning her own two nephews into undead and pushed away her sister when she offered to become a Forsaken?
    Probably because that's not what happened. She didn't think Undercity is a good place for children, undead or alive. Vereesa also didn't offer to become Forsaken. She offered to join Sylvanas in Undercity. And Sylvanas planned to murder her in her sleep and turn her into a Banshee, because she thought the Forsaken wouldn't accept a living person being their co-ruler. Which, you know, throws a massive wrench into your tale about how she pushed Vereesa away. Vereesa was the one who bailed out of the idea of her moving to Undercity because she remembered she had children and realized separating from them like Sylvanas told her earlier was not for her. After which Sylvanas got so furious she went on an animal killing rampage. Then there's what @Lolites said.

Death Knight Anduin however. Now that is a powerhouse that puts Sylvannas to shame. Charged straight to Kyrestia one of the eternal ones and got her down with one strike and not to mention killed her council around her with just one move. It's as I said. If the Jailer can turn Sylvannas into something relevant then what would happen if he gave that power to Anduin who was already a powerhouse.
    Yeah, this is just a bunch of hogwash of someone who doesn't know their lore. Which isn't surprising, given who's saying it. While Danuser has an idiotic penchant for going the "look, a new flashy arrow never seen before!!1! so kewl!!!1!!11!" direction instead of following what was already there in regards to Sylvanas' power, she has always been a powerhouse.

Her power troubled Arthas - who at the time didn't even consider that an undead of the Scourge could ever break away from the Lich King's grasp - shortly after her resurrection. Because her scream was shattering armor and bones while also silencing spellcasting. On an army scale. That's from book released in Wrath, which was more than a decade ago (the part about her silencing spellcasting was even older as it was first shown in manga from TBC). Her ability to turn incorporeal was also established during Wrath. Her extreme durability shortly afterwards. For god's sake, your "totally stronger than Sylvanas" Anduin "powerhouse" was scared of the possibility of Sylvanas killing him in an instant with just her voice even during a peaceful meeting. And that was as recently as Before the Storm.

What makes it even better is that the claim that Jaina's power was built over the years is just as false. The last time the story focused on her powers before she became some paragon of magic that strikes fear in the hearts of the Horde in BfA it showed that Jaina is so weak in direct combat that even when she attacked someone she hated with all of her might, as described by the omniscient narrator no less, she didn't even give that person a nosebleed and he barely stumbled back a few steps. The only time between these two points in time where Jaina achieved anything of note in regards to power she relied on the Focusing Iris. Which she lost access to immediately afterwards.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-06-29 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Everybody forgot Baine
    He is the "Damsel in Distress" every single expansion, even though he is the biggest one around. It is preposterous.

As much as I am worried about forced redemption for Sylvanas, I think it's safe to assume the split-soul thing may be out of reach. Based on how she interacted with Anduin, she had already shown "softness" which would normally be exclusively part of the split-soul if it was the case.

With that being said, I fully expect Anduin to be freed and contributing in her redemption after the raid.

who cares, the story needs to be put back in the hands of the players, this is an MMO not game of thrones

She still cares about the lead writ- I mean Nathanos, obviously she's not going to die.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you loot the bow from her corpse but she doesn't somehow die then how that will work? Did she faint like a Pokemon?
    Since many think dark rangers are just undead hunters.

Why the f is feign death not the first thing that these people think about...

Calling it now. Tyrande won't need Elune's power to kill Sylvanas next time.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Calling it now. Tyrande won't need Elune's power to kill Sylvanas next time.
    I'd wager Tyrande won't confront her, next time it will be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    who cares, the story needs to be put back in the hands of the players, this is an MMO not game of thrones
    You think players are qualified to write a story?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    no i'm saying that currently, we as the players, are just bystanders in a story that will happen with or without us present

in an mmo, the world needs to be something the players interact with (like in classic)

they need to sandbox the world and let the game be a game again

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    no i'm saying that currently, we as the players, are just bystanders in a story that will happen with or without us present

in an mmo, the world needs to be something the players interact with (like in classic)

they need to sandbox the world and let the game be a game again
    last expansion they made us into gods. We were shooting a Kamehameha into an Old God because we were the chosen ones.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Of course. There are many talented players that would've written a better story. And have. I read my share of fanfiction.
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-06-30 at 02:30 PM.