Thread: [TV] Loki

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Last night's finale totally confused me. Who was that black dude? The ultimate time God or something? And when lady Loki kills him does she become the ultimate God of time now?

And the very end, so Loki sees a statue of that black time God guy. What's the meaning of that?

And Owen Wilson doesn't know who Loki is at the end, does that mean Loki was transported back to some other timeline?

I'm lost. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    And the very end, so Loki sees a statue of that black time God guy. What's the meaning of that?

It means the writers really liked the ending in Planet of the Apes

Last night's finale totally confused me. Who was that black dude? The ultimate time God or something? And when lady Loki kills him does she become the ultimate God of time now?

And Owen Wilson doesn't know who Loki is at the end, does that mean Loki was transported back to some other timeline?

I'm lost. LOL.
    Smarmy time God is Kang the Conqueror, albeit they did not address him by this name but the statue at the finale showed a very comic book accurate depiction of Kang in his OG costume minus the helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And Pompeii in the US, and the Planet Lamentis in the US, and Medieval France in the US... hm...

The guy who created the TVA was from Earth. Earth has been at the center of two cosmic catastrophes (Dormamu and Thanos) in just 10 years. The more cosmic importance the more potential for Nexus events. What's the issue here, exactly? Maybe Kang's a racist and only takes in human Variants. What exactly does that matter?

Edit: Like everyone, I forgot Dark World. 3. 3 Cosmic catastrophes.
    I said it was Loki and Sylvie who went to anywhere not the United States.

But yes you are right about Medieval France, I completely forgot the show opened to that for in hindsight seems to have been for no reason at all. Aside from the gum wrapper I forget the significance of why Sylvie was in medieval France

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Then the TVA, universally active and apparently capable of traversing the universe, coincidentally find themselves in United States each episode. Wisconsin at a fairground, Alabama at a hurricane, Ohio to find Renslayer.
    To be fair, the TVA is run by a human from Earth. And his biggest concern was variants of himself. His efforts would be centered around Earth to make sure the timeline didn't deviate and create others of him.

- - - Updated - - -

But yes you are right about Medieval France, I completely forgot the show opened to that for in hindsight seems to have been for no reason at all. Aside from the gum wrapper I forget the significance of why Sylvie was in medieval France
    She was luring TVA teams into traps and stealing their reset charges. Just happened to happen in France too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    To be fair, the TVA is run by a human from Earth. And his biggest concern was variants of himself. His efforts would be centered around Earth to make sure the timeline didn't deviate and create others of him.
    The TVA was run entirely by humans from Earth. Maybe it was another one of the TVA's lies that it operates around all corners of the universe and only has authority on Earth? Each planet must have their own TVAs. For a company operating on the cosmic level for it to be entirely humans using an amalgamated blend of 1960s Earth tech and scifi makes sense they were lying to Loki about being universe-spanning. That level of complete coincidence makes no sense (plus the only actual "aliens" were just robots)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

- - - Updated - - -

She was luring TVA teams into traps and stealing their reset charges. Just happened to happen in France too.
    And to be even more fair we know for a fact they were operating beyond Earth as shown and stated in the series.

The TVA was run entirely by humans from Earth. Maybe it was another one of the TVA's lies that it operates around all corners of the universe and only has authority on Earth? Each planet must have their own TVAs. For a company operating on the cosmic level for it to be entirely humans using an amalgamated blend of 1960s Earth tech and scifi makes sense they were lying to Loki about being universe-spanning. That level of complete coincidence makes no sense (plus the only actual "aliens" were just robots)
    You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. The TVA was created by a human from Earth for the sole purpose of making sure his own variants are never born. We've seen the TVA operate on other worlds (Asgard, Lamentis) when needed, but to prevent others of himself from being born would require special attention on Earth-related matters, and so there would obviously be a bias in that regard.

I'm still confused;

- Lady Loki kills Kang the Conqueror, does she become the new time lord and ultimate controller?

- Loki gets transported back to the TVA, but it's not the same TVA, no one recognizes who is his? A different timeline?

- The end, where the it shows Loki looking at a statue of Kang the Conqueror, what's the meaning of that?

- And where does this lead us to season 2?

I'm still confused;

- Lady Loki kills Kang the Conqueror, does she become the new time lord and ultimate controller?
    She didn't kill Kang The Conqueror, she killed the Kang that was holding back Kang The Conqueror.

- Loki gets transported back to the TVA, but it's not the same TVA, no one recognizes who is his? A different timeline?
    Not a clue!

- The end, where the it shows Loki looking at a statue of Kang the Conqueror, what's the meaning of that?
    It shows that Kang The Conqueror has already taken over the TVA that Loki got sent to, as a continuation of the first point above.

Not a clue!

I'm still confused;

If, what 'He who remains' said is true (and from the last shot of the series it seems to be), Sylvie killed the person who kept the timelines as one timeline. He did this, so that his variants couldn't arise from the other timelines. When Sylvie kills him, all timelines he formerly tried to prevent become reality, which means, all of his variants start existing. One of those variants is Kang the Conqueror and that is the person we see as a statue in the last bit of the episode, ruling the TVA that doesn't know who Loki is.
    I saw an article somewhere from an interview with one of the... writers I think?.. that said the point of showing this was to make clear that Loki is in a different TVA on a different timeline from before.

My guess would be that OG Mobius and B15 with their efforts to prove their point to the other hunters created the branches of which 'He who remains' said "We just crossed the threshold" and that was the point where the branches became actual timelines with their own Kang-variants and TVAs. Sylvie of course didn't realize that when she used the Tempad and pushed Loki through that time-door. She thought she just transported him back to the 'sacred timeline'.
    Had Sylvie not killed the guy, he may have been able to repair the damage and restore the sacred timeline, but once he's dead, that's over.

I kinda feel like I was lied to by the trailers.

The hijacking plane scene, the President Loki appearance and the chase scenes made me think it would mostly be the TVA pursuing Loki as he jumped in time and caused major disruptions, all the while having fun as an antagonistic figure.

But the plane moment was just a flashback, the alternative Lokis were mostly bottled up in the void. And this was all about the character growth, and Loki facing the philosophical dilemma of free will, while being the bringer of a maybe, maybe not, who knows really ? necessary chaos.

Could have been more fun. 7/10 too much feels.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I kinda feel like I was lied to by the trailers.

The hijacking plane scene, the President Loki appearance and the chase scenes made me think it would mostly be the TVA pursuing Loki as he jumped in time and caused major disruptions, all the while having fun as an antagonistic figure.

But the plane moment was just a flashback, the alternative Lokis were mostly bottled up in the void. And this was all about the character growth, and Loki facing the philosophical dilemma of free will, while being the bringer of a maybe, maybe not, who knows really ? necessary chaos.

Could have been more fun. 7/10 too much feels.
    It's MCU trailers, everything in there is either not fully representative of what happens or a lie (Seriously infinity war trailer had Hulk in every other scene or something that wasn't in the movie). At least it does not tell the whole story style of trailers that have been the norm for the last 30 years.

Anyone else feel like the hoop that is supposed to be the Sacred Timeline looks like Jormangander eating his tail until Ragnorok? Or am I just reading to much into it?

When GotG showed their version of an intergalactic metropolis AKA Zandar it was a varied mix of humans (called Terrans btw) and aliens to kinda give the idea we aren't in Kansas anymore.

Then the TVA, universally active and apparently capable of traversing the universe, coincidentally find themselves in United States each episode. Wisconsin at a fairground, Alabama at a hurricane, Ohio to find Renslayer.
    The TVA is run by an Earth human, for the sole purpose of ensuring that the only version of himself that ever exists is . . . himself, not the other versions he could've been.

There's a really obvious reason it has a focus on Earth. Stuff happening across the galaxy likely doesn't affect Earth nearly as much in the long run. Mostly.

I'm still confused;

She and Loki were offered two choices; be handed the reins of the TVA to be the Time Lords or whatever, which they refused. Or kill Kang, causing all the other Kangs to come into existence as the timeline returned to its chaotic norm. Which will inevitably lead to the same outcome as before; this Kang who was killed by Sylvie will again become triumphant and will again found the TVA and we'll return to this status quo.

She kills him and gets her petty, meaningless revenge. It doesn't change her at all.

It's safe to assume so.

We can presume that some version of Kang either founded the TVA in this timeline but without the deceit of the fictional Time Keepers, or that he conquered the TVA outright and took their place, perhaps not even realizing another Kang was behind it in the first place.

That's a really good question, and we won't have answers until Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Anyone else feel like the hoop that is supposed to be the Sacred Timeline looks like Jormangander eating his tail until Ragnorok? Or am I just reading to much into it?
    Probably reading too much into it, honestly; a time line is necessarily gonna look serpentine, since snakes are basically lines, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Probably reading too much into it, honestly; a time line is necessarily gonna look serpentine, since snakes are basically lines, too.
    "Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

What does the ending mean for Renslayer?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    What does the ending mean for Renslayer?
    Which Renslayer? Cause there's, like, lots, now.

Dude it’s six 40 minute episodes. Which cost money to make and were filmed during a global pandemic.

I think we can forgive them for not showing the Kree Branch Office which is staffed entirely by Yonn-Rogg Variants. If you’re a big Jude Law fan send mail to Disney requesting a KreeTVA series. Each version of Yonn-Rogg will have a different facial hair style thus allowing Law to really experiment with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which Renslayer? Cause there's, like, lots, now.
    Lol, well put.

But we saw her leave the TVA, and then that was it. I was waiting for her to show back up when it was just Sylvie and Kang. But we never saw where she really went.

Guessing that will be a plot hook in season 2
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Lol, well put.

But we saw her leave the TVA, and then that was it. I was waiting for her to show back up when it was just Sylvie and Kang. But we never saw where she really went.

Guessing that will be a plot hook in season 2
    In all seriousness, at a guess, the TVA falling apart and her need to find out who was behind everything, I think that's gonna combine and be the reason she and some new Kang variant become a power couple, for at least one of Kang's upcoming iterations in the films. It probably won't be played for anything but fans going "HAH! It's that lady from that thing!" They may save that for Season 2 and flesh it out more, though. I think that's gonna depend on audience feedback unless they have serious plot plans already.