Powerleveling meta of TBC?

Who will be the equivalent of classic mage on TBC? Will there be leveling boosts like the ones on classic?

i just saw a video about mages who can still bomb and powerlevel in tbc tho there is this aoe cap. so mage is fine again and probably prot pally

There will certainly be level boosts as long as people buy them. Prot paladins and warlocks are likely to join in.

Powerleveling not so much. Outdoor mobs will be a nightmare early on and inside instances it's more efficient to run with a group.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...can you imagine that people were making threads here hoping that there would be no min / max attitude etc in Classic TBC?

Not sure how outworld mobs will be a nightmare though. With TBC even back in 2007 we had the headline of a guy making 60-70 in 28 hrs. I believe we will see that time smashed and smashed good. And even personally as somebody who likes world levelling over dungeon levelling never found any x-pack "nightmarish" from the mobs. If anything it was the terrain that annoyed me. Started in Legion and kept getting worse until now.
    Leveling in Hellfire Penninsula in TBC, on it's original release, was already nightmarish. At least most of us had to go buy it at the store back and then and install it, before starting to play. It spread the starting wave over a couple of hours at least. Now EVERYONE will have it pre-installed and will rush the dark portal at 00:01am. I hope their layer tech is on point, we will seriously need it.
    My hope is that noone in my leveling group is eaten by the Queue Boss and we can go dungeon grind away from the carnage that will be Hellfire Penninsula for the first couple of hours.

I'm not sure what the powerleveling meta will look like for over 60, but prot pallies will have some fun doing insane aoe pull in Azeroth, and sell their aoe pulling powers to randoms once they have enough gear. My bet is that the boosters will mostly aim for arena boosting to make their gold.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...can you imagine that people were making threads here hoping that there would be no min / max attitude etc in Classic TBC?

Not sure how outworld mobs will be a nightmare though. With TBC even back in 2007 we had the headline of a guy making 60-70 in 28 hrs. I believe we will see that time smashed and smashed good. And even personally as somebody who likes world levelling over dungeon levelling never found any x-pack "nightmarish" from the mobs. If anything it was the terrain that annoyed me. Started in Legion and kept getting worse until now.
    The post was about powerleveling ... good luck finding a spot where you can just grab 10+ mobs and aoe them for prolonged periods of time.

And even for normal questing there will be a lot of competition. Quests will take at least 3x time to complete on launch. You will obviously have a few guys that manage to break out of the crowd fast and be and stay ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly there's no reason to do so in BC because of all the reputation gating for heroics and keys.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The post was about powerleveling ... good luck finding a spot where you can just grab 10+ mobs and aoe them for prolonged periods of time.

And even for normal questing there will be a lot of competition. Quests will take at least 3x time to complete on launch. You will obviously have a few guys that manage to break out of the crowd fast and be and stay ahead.
    Grinding is done in open world. Powerleveling is done in both the open world AND in dungeons. When powerleveling someone else, its strictly done in dungeons as there's no competition for mobs and can be reset 5 times per hour.

Mages can reach level 70 by soloing slave pens trash in less than a day.

Even with aoe cap, damage reduction sucks but they still all get slowed. Pathing is similar to maraudon boost and the mobs killed don't have ranged attacks except for one which can be easily avoided.

The dude in the video is higher level but it can be done starting at level 60

No, it isn't a private server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHdMC9J9Dl8

Which will probably be used for boosting in the future
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-05-06 at 09:20 AM.

Mages, Warlocks and Hunters are getting really good experience soloing dungeons abusing NPC pathing. Not as good rates as a well-coordinated group, but miles ahead of trying to slog through HFP quests on launch.

Not sure if other classes are soloing as well - I haven’t followed their discords so maybe it’s possible.

My plan is to dungeon grind to 62-63, jump to Zangarmarsh and quest a bit and re-visit HFP closer to/at 70 to finish out the rep needed for Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Quite honestly there's no reason to do so in BC because of all the reputation gating for heroics and keys.

Grinding is done in open world. Powerleveling is done in both the open world AND in dungeons. When powerleveling someone else, its strictly done in dungeons as there's no competition for mobs and can be reset 5 times per hour.
    The reputation thing only matters in the beginning. After the first month or so, people will be more focused on Kara GDKP runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC mages and prot paladins will still be kings of boosting but warlocks will get a fair crack at it, too.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!