Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Which is one of the problems. When I experienced TBC, most people couldnt afford epic flying. Now most will have it within weeks/months, which is a whole different experienced for me. Not like having a fresh server would change that dramatically anyway because people know how to farm nowadays.

The same goes for many items you buy from npcs, back then those were money-gated, but since people have so much gold atm all those economy related things are meaningless.
    People who think that the solution for economy related problems are new servers have no idea what is going on at classic. If you expect that people will need weeks/months to grind 6k for flying on a new server you're delusional.
    Last edited by mettis; 2021-05-08 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mettis View Post
    People who think that the solution for economy related problems are new servers have no idea what is going on at classic. If you expect that people will need weeks/months to grind 6k for flying on a new server you're delusional.
    Some people will, but you're delusional if you think most people will. Yes it wont make it the same as it was back then, but anyone with brain understands that it will make it better, just not exactly the same.

Some people will, but you're delusional if you think most people will. Yes it wont make it the same as it was back then, but anyone with brain understands that it will make it better, just not exactly the same.
    Every server, Low to Full, is the same. Zero variance in the mindset or methods. New servers just reset the clock and give people a chance to improve on methods (eg market control).

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The notion of "fresh servers" makes no sense to me. BC is an expansion.
    Some of us missed the train due to IRL issues. I am waiting for a fresh classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Every server, Low to Full, is the same. Zero variance in the mindset or methods. New servers just reset the clock and give people a chance to improve on methods (eg market control).
    Yes, you just said what was my original point and thought. The benefit of new servers is resetting the clock, nothing can change the modern mindset.

I think money-gated things will be meaningless, whereas in a fresh server they could be meaningful for some time (which obviously will be way different than how it was 14 years ago).
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-05-08 at 08:37 PM.

Yes, you just said what was my original point and thought. The benefit of new servers is resetting the clock, nothing can change the modern mindset.

I think money-gated things will be meaningless, whereas in a fresh server they could be meaningful for some time (which obviously will be way different than how it was 14 years ago).
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. I misinterpreted your post and thought the expectation was that fresh servers fix problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Some of us missed the train due to IRL issues. I am waiting for a fresh classic server.
    Still don't get it. Plenty of people started playing in bc on launch servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    The lvl of sadge bc with no fresh server.. no new markets and boosted charS. Yikes

Still don't get it. Plenty of people started playing in bc on launch servers.
    I do not want to play BC (at this point), I want to play Classic. The problem is most will copy their characters to BC servers and Classic servers will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I do not want to play BC (at this point), I want to play Classic. The problem is most will copy their characters to BC servers and Classic servers will die.
    Yeah, looks like Blizzard wants to justify the price for keeping the servers alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Yeah, but we are coming from an bot inflated Classic where nothing is like it was back then, because the few people maximizing it completely destroyed the economy. Also Real Money transactions were like never before because of that.
    This is utter nonsense. Either you never played in vanilla or your memory has been completely overrun by nostalgia goggles.

As to wanting BC but not classic - again, nonsense. The levelling experience through vanilla content is, and always was, part of BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

This is utter nonsense. Either you never played in vanilla or your memory has been completely overrun by nostalgia goggles.

As to wanting BC but not classic - again, nonsense. The levelling experience through vanilla content is, and always was, part of BC.
    Well he's right, the economy if fucked up on Classic servers.

The pre-Outlands zones were part of the game and a means to getting to TBC content. I started in T6 and everything at the time was focused on getting to Outlands as quickly as possible. It being a requirement to get to TBC content != it being TBC content.

The pre-Outlands zones were part of the game and a means to getting to TBC content. I started in T6 and everything at the time was focused on getting to Outlands as quickly as possible. It being a requirement to get to TBC content != it being TBC content.
    Exactly, it was just a content that you had to pass through once and that's it.

It amazes me "fresh servers" are so emotionally loaded. And many people are against them, which from my point of view is selfish/childish. I will not play on them either, but I get the appeal. If I didn't have an established character already, I would for sure roll on a fresh. Yes the economies are more inflated then hyperinflation in Hungary post WW2. Yes a lot of people are decked out in tier 2.5/3 gear which is on par with many pre-raid bis items in TBC. Yes many people have acquired certain items from raids (like the KT trinket) that will be bis for many TBC encounters - making the advantage even further. Most people will get their 280% flying instantly.

I would assume releasing fresh realms for a "different" experience with playing from scratch and an at least somewhat normal economy first months (I am aware that farming methods/bots will eventually spread like cancer into the new realms as well) would be enough of an incentive economically for Blizzard to release it.