Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Trek at least had the benefit of a timeskip where you could fill in theory fill in the blanks of a proper villainous turn.
    For Sylvanas there is no such thing. Her actions didn't just happen a few years ago like Teldrassil, they are technically still ongoing given the people likely currently under assault by feral Scourge.
    What villainous turn? At the end of WoD she was friendly to the forces of Azeroth, in BfA it's revealed that she magically turned into Goat Hitler. There's nothing natural about Yrel's turn. Just as there was nothing natural about Grommash's redemption and how everyone (Yrel included) forgave him.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What villainous turn? At the end of WoD she was friendly to the forces of Azeroth, in BfA it's revealed that she magically turned into Goat Hitler. There's nothing natural about Yrel's turn. Just as there was nothing natural about Grommash's redemption and how everyone (Yrel included) forgave him.
    In the maghar recruitment scenario it has been decades since we visited them from their perspective. So in that sense there is at least enough time from Draenors perspective that it could in theory happen.

With Sylvanas there is no such thing. She is still doing evil shit.

Not that Yrel makes sense given what we know, but at least Blizzard had the foresight to not have Yrels turn to lighthitler happen right after we left. (again, from the characters perspective)
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not that Yrel makes sense given what we know, but at least Blizzard had the foresight to not have Yrels turn to lighthitler happen right after we left. (again, from the characters perspective)
    Yrel deciding that actually the guy who sacrificed her sister to the void and ran a campaign of destruction against her people needed purging is probably the most interesting thing to ever happen to that vapid husk of a character. Not only was it that the closest BFA ever came to being morally grey, hackneyed dialogue and all, not only was it much better than her existence up to this point, which was a diversity hire for when people pointed out all the Warlords character blurbs were dudes, but it's the only time when the Light being infused into a person had the remotest bit of meaning. Compared to the main universe's Lightforged who are fine with a demon killing their leader and palling around with the void, their polar opposite. The only problems with A'dal Qaeda is that they aren't playable and that they're invariably going to learn the benefits of love and peace like Jaina, Tyrande, Genn and the entire Horde before them.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-05-13 at 04:48 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yrel's development is flawless, if you ignore the fact that the Story portrays the Lightbound as evil and Grommash as a hero who died a hero's death.

Aside from that, it's indeed flawless.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Yrel's development is flawless, if you ignore the fact that the Story portrays the Lightbound as evil and Grommash as a hero who died a hero's death.

There's also that they forget the whole business with the sister and instead have her conversion come from meeting a naaru whereas before she was best buds with Grom for years off-screen. But hey, I'll take what I can get. Having the Mag'har still be the Iron Horde with a nameswap in behavior and having people join the Lightbound willingly on top of having Yrel bring up a point regarding the world decaying is the closest thing any group in that shambles of an expansion came to having a remotely comprehensible motivation.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account

What can you expect from an Alleria Fanboy

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Simpnuser had balls, he'd make it so the Sylvanas we saw all along was the GOOD Sylvanas, that would be an excellent plot twist.

If he had balls, obviously.
    Nan that would be stupid, they should instead have some one just crush the good soul shards and then have us just kill the sylvanas we have always know.

Pull a dark souls.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-05-13 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Where's the justice for the Night Elves?
    How about Elune appearing before us all and blessing Sylvanas so that her soul becomes whole again and in her inner mental battle she defeats the evil and becomes Holy Sylvanas, the Avatar of Elune. And so the Night Elves will start worshipping Sylvanas and make her their leader, with Tyrande and Malfurion serving as advisors.

I'm not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not. Who the hell knows at this point. I'm just waiting for Sargeras redemption arc followed by the Old Gods redemption arc.

Maybe we've been the baddies all along.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    What can you expect from an Alleria Fanboy
    What you said makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not talking about Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yrel deciding that actually the guy who sacrificed her sister to the void and ran a campaign of destruction against her people needed purging is probably the most interesting thing to ever happen to that vapid husk of a character. Not only was it that the closest BFA ever came to being morally grey, hackneyed dialogue and all, not only was it much better than her existence up to this point, which was a diversity hire for when people pointed out all the Warlords character blurbs were dudes, but it's the only time when the Light being infused into a person had the remotest bit of meaning. Compared to the main universe's Lightforged who are fine with a demon killing their leader and palling around with the void, their polar opposite. The only problems with A'dal Qaeda is that they aren't playable and that they're invariably going to learn the benefits of love and peace like Jaina, Tyrande, Genn and the entire Horde before them.
    And I actually think it makes sense. We know that the Light sees only one path as true and that Draenor is kind of destined to die. Maybe Yrel thought the orcs are the root cause and decided to purge them.

3+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing natural about Yrel's turn.
    to be fair a lot can happen in 35 years, considering that Azeroth literally flipped over in just Year 20 alone
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

AU Xe'ra went to Draenor.
    and we know how zealous Xe'ra was.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    to be fair a lot can happen in 35 years, considering that Azeroth literally flipped over in just Year 20 alone
    A lot can happen in 35 years, just like nothing of note can happen in 10000+ years. That's a non-argument. We literally have some race histories in which nothing happened for 10000+/20000+ years (the draenei are ironically an example of that).

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    ojojojojojojoj as Russias would like to say.
    Am Russian. Can confirm. Blyat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    sigh... just.... -_-

we get it Danuser, sylvanus is "your queen" and you are going to go to any lengths to redeem her. We're going to get this "split soul" nonsense and she'll get off scot free cause "oh it was the bad soul that did all the bad stuff". Consequences, what are those?

Once again, Danuser and his writing team are just constantly retconning/changing things to fit their garbage writing rather than writing good stories that fit established lore :/

We aren't going to be done with this ruined character this expansion are we... Danuser is going to force his new "good" sylvanus into everything -_- wouldn't surprise me in any way if Nathanos suddenly showed up as well, to be with "his love" cause of course sylvanus deserves that, poor soul that she is and all

and after seeing how Tyrande cured of the night warrior rage and all that, I fully expect she's just going to go "oh I'm completely over being angry over the genocide" and that'll be handwaved away
    Tyrande getting over genocide ain't got nothing on Genn getting over genocide twice.

Like what the fuck is this writing lmao what the hell is the message?

- - - Updated - - -

If Simpnuser had balls, he'd make it so the Sylvanas we saw all along was the GOOD Sylvanas, that would be an excellent plot twist.

If he had balls, obviously.
    Mind if I use Simpuser? That's a real good one and I hope it catches on

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Mind if I use Simpuser? That's a real good one and I hope it catches on
    Sure, but it's not mine. It's common knowledge that Danuser has weird fantasies with Sylvanas that he cannot keep for himself.

Sure, but it's not mine. It's common knowledge that Danuser has weird fantasies with Sylvanas that he cannot keep for himself.
    What kind of weird fantasies? mhhhh
    :thinking: those kind that you have yourself about Alleria?
    I never thought about it, but it makes perfect sense for one simp bashing another one. "you suck cuz you dont simp for the same waifu as I do "

^^

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-05-13 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Gotta say, Bolvar jobbing pathetically to Sylvanas is my favourite meme of this expansion. Little victories I suppose.

Such cringe dialogue, honestly at this point I welcome a Sylvanas redemption story if it means she can stop spewing this nonsensical Scooby Doo-esque dialogue.

"Fools! You fight a battle that you cannot win!!!"

Proceeds to win the battle.

The villains in WoW are so cringe that at this point I think I prefer mute villains like C'Thun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post

Gotta say, Bolvar jobbing pathetically to Sylvanas is my favourite meme of this expansion. Little victories I suppose.
    I love the Hobbit Nazgul reference with that encounter! The only weird thing about the setup is that Alexandros stands with the other Horseman and Bolvar? Where is Darion??

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Such cringe dialogue, honestly at this point I welcome a Sylvanas redemption story if it means she can stop spewing this nonsensical Scooby Doo-esque dialogue.

"Fools! You fight a battle that you cannot win!!!"

Proceeds to win the battle.

The villains in WoW are so cringe that at this point I think I prefer mute villains like C'Thun.
    huh? c'thun wasnt mute. he has one of the best voices in the game actually.
    the only old god who legit sounds creepy and fully inhumane, and not like a regular person.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.