Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I've noticed this being speculated on Wowhead and Reddit and I swear if it's true they should just kill her at this point, they've beaten this horse enough and would have thoroughly destroyed everything interesting about her with this ass backwards "development".
    as far as i know, it's true. i saw it on the wow forums that some people apparently got some book early and it either implies this or shows this or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Really? You had high lore expectations with "Green Jesus" Metzen and "We forgot we added that scene in Stonetalon" Afrasiabi? I may not be a big fan of the current lore, or even that invested anymore. But thinking that the lore had somehow been in a better state is just fooling yourself, the lore has always been relatively senseless at best and cringey at worst.
    No, I didn't have "high expectations" for lore, but nice strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Really? You had high lore expectations with "Green Jesus" Metzen and "We forgot we added that scene in Stonetalon" Afrasiabi? I may not be a big fan of the current lore, or even that invested anymore. But thinking that the lore had somehow been in a better state is just fooling yourself, the lore has always been relatively senseless at best and cringey at worst.

Levelling was always solo? Ever since Classic it was a solo venture. Instanced environment really only depended on if you were on a dead server or not.
    That's like, just your opinion man.

I was an adamant defender of the lore up until BFA hit. Either we all grew up at once at the same time, or the writing seriously tanked in BFA. You know, right when Danuser was handed the reigns. Awfully convenient if everyone just grew out of the story right about then.

They are trying to make the best game that they can, and are constantly listening to feedback and iterating overtime.
    The team recognizes this development process hasn't been ideal, but they are excited to get the content into the hands of players.
    Implement and fix it later should be their motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    and with this statement....

"Leveling in Torghast is an idea the team likes a lot."

Elvis has officially left the building.

It's a sad, sad day in MMO design history when an already trivialized levelling experience may, in the near future, be accomplished solo in an instanced environment.
    It beats whatever they were trying to do with Threads of Fate. I wouldn't mind it.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    If Arthas was powered up by the jailer, why did the jailer have his other evil minion fighting Arthas?
    Two things:

1. The Jailer addresses this while choking Bolvar in a quest, saying The Lich King was supposed to do his will but all three of them--Ner'zul, Arthas and now Bolvar--just ignored him and did their own thing. The obvious difference being Arthas and Ner'zul were dead/gone and Bolvar had the bad luck of getting his attention.

2. We now know Sylvanas had no knowledge of The Jailer's existence until she committed suicide after finding out Bolvar replaced Arthas as the Lich King. The Jailer basically gave her an offer she couldn't refuse and laid the groundwork for her rise to becoming Warchief at the beginning of Legion and The Fourth War in BFA.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    "When you delete LFR?" "Why can't I drop staff from rare on my warrior?" "Why you put recolors of mounts in game?"

Lol and guy you quote thinks they are some voice of the people.
    Well, you just showed that you know nothing. Ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    and with this statement....

"Leveling in Torghast is an idea the team likes a lot."

Elvis has officially left the building.

It's a sad, sad day in MMO design history when an already trivialized levelling experience may, in the near future, be accomplished solo in an instanced environment.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    It beats whatever they were trying to do with Threads of Fate. I wouldn't mind it.
    Yeah, Threads of Fate is really weird, it should be faster than playing the campaign since it is the twink mode you have to unlock first but the fastest way (when playing solo and not trying to abuse everything for a speedrun) to level is pretty much still downloading azeroth auto pilot and running the campaign quests.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, you just showed that you know nothing. Ignorance is bliss.
    All 3 things are stuff he complained about. But hey, if you think that dude who play all the things and youtube instead of WoW is better suited to interview than people like Sloot, I can't really convince you.

All 3 things are stuff he complained about. But hey, if you think that dude who play all the things and youtube instead of WoW is better suited to interview than people like Sloot, I can't really convince you.
    I did not say that he is better suited to do interviews as Sloot, did I?
    Asmon has really good questions on systems and more casual stuff, which matters.
    I am higher end M+ player, there are people who represent my side of the game, but no one is asking big questions about releasing very obviously lacking systems and then spending time "fixing" it.

But you have some badly "hidden" prejudice so I can't convince you either.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did not say that he is better suited to do interviews as Sloot, did I?
    Asmon has really good questions on systems and more casual stuff, which matters.
    I am higher end M+ player, there are people who represent my side of the game, but no one is asking big questions about releasing very obviously lacking systems and then spending time "fixing" it.

But you have some badly "hidden" prejudice so I can't convince you either.
    My prejudice against him is not hidden. I always try to judge his content fairly, but I saw enough of it to know 90% stuff he will say. And it's almost always empty words filled with dramatic words to stir up people.

And dude, I would LOVE you to write some "big questions" from him, I'm open to conversation. But I have two requests:

1) It can't be generic populistic question "why won't you create game players want to play?" or "are you competent?"

2) It can't be question that everyone with basic WoW knowledge can answer, like "why MMO game is designed to make you play longer?" or "why game has 'borrowed power' systems that get dismantled next expansion?".

My prejudice against him is not hidden. I always try to judge his content fairly, but I saw enough of it to know 90% stuff he will say. And it's almost always empty words filled with dramatic words to stir up people.

And dude, I would LOVE you to write some "big questions" from him, I'm open to conversation. But I have two requests:

1) It can't be generic populistic question "why won't you create game players want to play?" or "are you competent?"

2) It can't be question that everyone with basic WoW knowledge can answer, like "why MMO game is designed to make you play longer?" or "why game has 'borrowed power' systems that get dismantled next expansion?".
    Well, Asmon would certainly have some more relevant questions for me as a player than Preach had in example. If you think that he would not have good questions you certainly don't know "90%" of the stuff he would say.

Why people care enough for these youtube types with weird names is beyond me.
    I don't think i've ever seen or heard of them outside of this forum; they're tools with internet access, talking empty heads picked by a company to reach those few more that are vulnerable to such social cues.
    There is hardly enough reason to even remember their names.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Asmon would certainly have some more relevant questions for me as a player than Preach had in example. If you think that he would not have good questions you certainly don't know "90%" of the stuff he would say.
    Of course 'questions' in my previous posts was making fun of Asmon since I put stuff I find ridiculous (or ridiculously small issue that he present as important stuff) as questions, asking that would make anyone laughing stock.

Unless you come with example I just don't believe he would ask any good and important question since he talked same generic shit every time I watched him.

On top of that beside collecting things I almost never see him actually playing game. It's literally just complaining or watching youtube. For sure it's entertaining for 50k+, but it's irrelevant to question if he has any original thought about game or not.

Of course 'questions' in my previous posts was making fun of Asmon since I put stuff I find ridiculous (or ridiculously small issue that he present as important stuff) as questions, asking that would make anyone laughing stock.

Unless you come with example I just don't believe he would ask any good and important question since he talked same generic shit every time I watched him.

On top of that beside collecting things I almost never see him actually playing game. It's literally just complaining or watching youtube. For sure it's entertaining for 50k+, but it's irrelevant to question if he has any original thought about game or not.
    I find his Tmog/Mount off streams and classic events really good. Those are literally community events. He gets so many EU sign ups it literally breaks group finder.

An example?
    Easy one - very recently voiced actually. - Mechanics in solo content in WoW.

They have hundreds of bosses to take mechanics from, are they planning to implement any harder mechanical fight in world content?

Why is that relevant? Well, torghast or end of questline bosses - they are so easy and only have two mechanics, maybe 3 which you can still ignore. I would much rather fight mini-guldan where I have to focus some adds, do some soaks, position yourself properly. Especially now when they removed death count. What we have now is just a mob with more HP so killing "the boss" at the end of the quest feels like just killing one more mob.

I find his Tmog/Mount off streams and classic events really good. Those are literally community events. He gets so many EU sign ups it literally breaks group finder.

An example?

They have hundreds of bosses to take mechanics from, are they planning to implement any harder mechanical fight in world content?

Why is that relevant? Well, torghast or end of questline bosses - they are so easy and only have two mechanics, maybe 3 which you can still ignore. I would much rather fight mini-guldan where I have to focus some adds, do some soaks, position yourself properly. Especially now when they removed death count. What we have now is just a mob with more HP so killing "the boss" at the end of the quest feels like just killing one more mob.
    GC said a few years ago that parts of the game are designed for everyone (and their grandma), blizzard will never make open world/story content hard.
    Some players couldn't do silver proving grounds in wod and some already frown about the score system in Torghast, casual content will always be piss easy for good reason.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good for him, don't see what it has to do with playing core game.

An example?

Mobs have mechanics. You just level in purple gear and ignore them all. If you, experienced player doing M+ would have to put effort in killing leveling boss, Andy in greens that want to see what this whole WoW is about has no chances. It would murder any potential of fresh blood for this game.

And they tried scaling world to your item level. Community was so furious it lasted like day.

Open world in general is terrible place to introduce hard content. All challenges Blizzard put there could be answered with bringing more people (nothing social about it, they would just came in, grab rewards, fly away). World bosses are perfect example. Only way to do it are instances where you control number of players.

And regular Torghast is too easy right now (it was explained by Ion last time how it happened), it's obvious for everyone playing game. I didn't say none of these complains are right, I said they are generic.

What people like you seemingly don't seem to understand is that the "community" is not some kind of hivemind. You seeing a reddit thread with a few thousand upvotes means jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

Theres more than a million people playing WoW and everyone has their own thoughts on what is good and what is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    What people like you seemingly don't seem to understand is that the "community" is not some kind of hivemind. You seeing a reddit thread with a few thousand upvotes means jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

Theres more than a million people playing WoW and everyone has their own thoughts on what is good and what is bad.
    Well, ok, so what is Preach or anyone else representing then? What people like YOU seem not to understand, that there are obvious questions which need to be asked and if someone thinks that "Torghast" is good enough knows no better and changes which are being implemented are implemented BECAUSE of the feedback which was obvious to 9 people out of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Good for him, don't see what it has to do with playing core game.

Mobs have mechanics. You just level in purple gear and ignore them all. If you, experienced player doing M+ would have to put effort in killing leveling boss, Andy in greens that want to see what this whole WoW is about has no chances. It would murder any potential of fresh blood for this game.

And they tried scaling world to your item level. Community was so furious it lasted like day.

Open world in general is terrible place to introduce hard content. All challenges Blizzard put there could be answered with bringing more people (nothing social about it, they would just came in, grab rewards, fly away). World bosses are perfect example. Only way to do it are instances where you control number of players.

And regular Torghast is too easy right now (it was explained by Ion last time how it happened), it's obvious for everyone playing game. I didn't say none of these complains are right, I said they are generic.
    But you are not a developer. If they came here and said "well, we want to keep difficulty as an optional content mode, so we prefer to have instanced combat as a source for that" - cool, answer sucks, but they admit that mind numbing combat end end of the quest bosses are the intention and they don't want to change that.

Scaling sucks in any game for the sole reason of "this just hits more", there is no difficulty besides engaging your full toolkit into killing mob who hits you hard instead of actually having to fight a rare mob/quest boss who is not a tank training dummy.
    Killing any fresh blood? I disagree, if combat is not engaging, any fresh blood will get bored by level 53. Look at feedback on New World dungeon experience.

And no, m+ is not the same. M+ depth is revealed with scaling it up and you have a timer to fight against too. In the end it still burns down to "this just hits harder" but it still creates dynamics when you add scaling, affixes and timer onto it.

I think they could easy introduce optional hard content for people where you have lfr version of a quest boss or mythic level quest boss - after all, hard modes are introduced in dungeons in life-feed, it's not like you have to relog or enter new instance if you want to kill King Mechagon on Hard Mode - you press the button!

People who want story mode just do that, people who want hard modes could do a specific action to activate it - press a rune, kill a kitten. Killing rares would be way more fun in that way. And again I am not talking about scaling difficulty - am I talking mechanical difficulty.

You will reply to me "well, but that wastes resources", you know what else wastes resources? Developing any covenant other that Night Fae for druids i.e. - they had to create 3 unique abilities and conduits and now legendries for druids which won't be used by 95% of the druids. And they have to balance it too.
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-05-12 at 03:03 PM.