Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

EDIT: Yes I put some new (and necessary) stuffs in original image ^^
    yeah because it works in real life so well.
    No thank you. Does not work.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as Bobby and Ion get a veto, I don't see a problem with this nor do I think Blizz would. Eh, I guess that's not so different from what we have now. You provide some nice examples but I'd love to see them extend to zone and gear designs and themes too.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t know the idea that the raid team would go “hey I know we have raided together for years and regularly progress and clear
    Mythic, but some people online said your logs are bad so your off the raid team”. It’s not like he’s been carried though one easy raid tier he’s had pretty much every raid done on mythic.
    yes but again you look at his logs, he has legit logs where he is a 1% parse, that means 99% of the playerbase who did that fight is better then him like what i cant even imagine that, ive gotten some gray parses, usually a bad pull or somethings wrong or i die early.
    but most of his parses are like that, its rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen some of the stuff people want on the forums? The idiots would ruin the game more than Blizz already has. I agree Blizz needs to listen more to the player base specially when it comes to class design and expansion features but most ideas that come from the base are terrible.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    I remember, Azeroth Choppers... cast your vote and decide which bike will become a free in-game mount for the winning faction. And well it didn't go over well, Horde won, Alliance had to buy their choppers for a lot of gold well lots of gold at the time. Not sure of democracy will work in-game with 2 factions at war and so many different type of players
    Couldn't you just log in on a horde toon, get the chopper, and it would be unlocked on alliance? Or was that later.

Reason for asking: I was horde when that event happened. Play both now, I have the alliance chopper but I don't seem to recall ever buying it. (100% possible I simply forgot though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes but again you look at his logs, he has legit logs where he is a 1% parse, that means 99% of the playerbase who did that fight is better then him like what i cant even imagine that, ive gotten some gray parses, usually a bad pull or somethings wrong or i die early.
    Again - if you think that a 1% parse means that 99% of players did better, you misunderstand the nature of healing. Healing parses just do not matter. Fwiw, in the 2% log he did die early (I bothered to run it through wowanalyser).

10+ Year Old Account
    Voting on some cosmetic shit? Sure. Voting on who yo nerf? Hell no. Players can’t be trusted with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    Again - if you think that a 1% parse means that 99% of players did better, you misunderstand the nature of healing. Healing parses just do not matter. Fwiw, in the 2% log he did die early (I bothered to run it through wowanalyser).
    again... if it was 1 time 1%
    but its time again and again and again and again...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure but without the context of the rest of his raid or even the roles there doing in the raids that info is worthless to his raid group.

For example the last time I raid heroic/myhic in mop our main tank would pad the hell out of his logs by taking needless damage for more vengeance and even managed to get the top parse on some fights. If your just going off the logs you’d think thats amazing, but in the context of our raid group we had a ton of wipes due to him padding his own logs rather it be from him dying trying to get more vengeance or healers letting dps die to keep him up or going oom and this slowed a progress a ton as we had abunch of needless wipes.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-05-12 at 03:55 PM.

Terrible Idea that highlights a lazy as fuck developer.

This is the same mentality that champions:

"More with less"
    "We'll get you on the back end"
    "Shit rolls downhill gentlemen"

Remember how bad the average player is. And then that at least 50% of them are worse.

Thread is a perfect example of why we should not.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sure but without the context of the rest of his raid or even the roles there doing in the raids that info is worthless to his raid group.

For example the last time I raid heroic/myhic in mop our main tank would paid the hell out of his logs by taking needless damage for more vengeance and even managed to get the top log on some fights. If your just going off the logs you’d think thats amazing, but in the context of our raid group we had a ton of wipes due to him padding his own logs rather it be from him dying trying to get more vengeance or healers letting dps die to keep him up or going oom and this slowed a progress a ton as we had abunch of needless wipes.
    yes but again its not just 1 pull, its not just 1 boss fight, its not just 1 raid, its not just 1 expansion.
    you can look over all his logs, if you want.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e=26&new=true#
    the only place i see him doing a really good job is M+, outside of that he does the polar opposite.

We'd end up with the WoW NGE. That kind of thing killed off a Star Wars MMO. Warcraft wouldn't have a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    ahahahahahah no. players aren't developers

yes but again its not just 1 pull, its not just 1 boss fight, its not just 1 raid, its not just 1 expansion.
    the only place i see him doing a really good job is M+, outside of that he does the polar opposite.
    You are missing the point. Healer parses don't tell you anything about how well that player played. We aren't saying its only 1 fight in 1 expansion. We are saying - this is utterly meaningless and says more about the players he plays with than him. If you think healing parses matter at all, you don't understand healing. Its irrelevant whether it is one fight or not. And even more astonishingly, you looked at M+ parses, which are meaningless for everyone - healer or dps.

Hmm I'm not so sure.

What I am sure about is that I want to play a Holy Murloc!

oof you aint wrong, i almost feel bad for them
    1. it would be funny to raid with ion himself but
    2. imagine having to be the guy to tell him hes doing too bad and is being sat from the raid team.
    To be fair,bottom 8% of all mythic raiders is still better than at least 95% of all players.

But yeah,it's true that he's just not as good as he used to be. I guess you can't keep being one of the best players in the game forever

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes but again without the context of his roll and how the raid is playing out with the other members in it the logs don’t give any useful to his actual raid group.

His group is gonna know what he’s contributing other then just raw data that shows up on the logs and rather that contribution is more important then just getting some one with a higher % but nothing else going for them.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-05-12 at 04:14 PM.

On the bright side with a democracy we would finally get our long requested boob sliders and player housing. Which means for a lot of....... fun for the wrong reasons

Okay, after about 6 pages of "democracy" in this thread (democracy in simple terms: the accumulation of individual opinions that when added together create a majority opinion that will be respected) here are my initial conclusions:

It seems to me that through the very welcome democracy of this forum (the moderators do not erase opinions that they consider to be idiots) we have more or less the following scenario:

90% of the people (maybe less, maybe more) who have expressed their opinion so far are against the majority opinion of the player-base in decisions that affect game play. The way the majority would like to have fun in the game would probably fuck up the way the minority has fun and this is a game for minorities (or at least for those despite the majority sub's money being obviously the one that Blizzard needs most.
    I particularly believe in the power of fractals. If you search on google and see what a fractal is, you will discover that they are identical states of matter when we look at the micro or macro format of the observable object.
    I may be mistaken, but I believe that many (perhaps not all) who gave their opinion here are unhappy with their country's own democratic system. They would like something more like China or North Korea. I do not know. Forgive me if I'm thinking too much ...

10% of the people (maybe less, maybe more) who expressed their opinion here find the idea of ​​a democracy in the world of warcraft game-play decisions interesting ... BUT ... with certain restrictions. I didn't get it right. In real life I think it would be something like:
    "Hey Darling, I'm hungry"
    "Me too baby, and you kids ??"
    "We are also mom .."
    "Okay, we're all hungry and we're going to eat ... but Darling ... just let me call my boss first to find out if we're going to eat pizza or hamburgers. You know. This detail is up to him."
    Dude, just joking and exaggerating here okay?

The good news for this thread is that it seems to me that 50% or more agree that cosmetic decisions could be more democratic and with more engaged participation from the player base.
    That is great. I am sure that if there was a tab on the official Blizzard website and that on this tab we could vote on some concepts of armor and weapons that the designers are creating at this moment ... we would avoid "INTELLECTUAL DISASTERS" as the new necrolord xmog that you (if u are a necrolord) will receive upon reaching Renown-60 in patch 9.1! (If you haven’t seen this, it’s an obvious Warlock xmog that the developer team thinks is also very good on a DK, Rogue, Hunter, etc ...)

Another positive side of this thread:
    I just saw at Wowhead that for you to evolve on the trail of conduits now it will be necessary to farm REPUTATION! Yea! Delicious!
    I'm pretty sure we'll see complaints about that (I don't know why, to farm reputation in wow is more fun than sex, right?)
    And it will be interesting to see many who here said "Jesus, let Devs make all decicions. What the players think .. sucks"
    complaining about this news or others that will come ...
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-05-12 at 04:45 PM.

But this already exists. Millions of players all go about their routines and norms and Blizzard collects all of that data and uses it to do the damndest to keep you playing, while also keeping millions of others who don't like what you like playing as well.

Every time you log in you're actively voting by how you spend your time.