Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The Covenant Switching System SUCKS...

Wanted to swap my Druid to Necrolord for some better attempts at PvP, I was already on the path to go Kyrian from awhile back so had to finish that 100% quest, and now I'm waiting another reset before I can then do the 100% quest for Necrolord, to then wait another week to do the quest again to finally become Necrolord..

Does anyone else find this an extremely irritating system? I have to wait 2 resets before I can start the 40 renown grind as Necro... until then I have to chill as a Kyrian for 2 weeks, yay... I've legit just afk'd my Druid until reset now.

Its all bullshit, time-gated crap that will be made easier in 9.3 or whatever...We all know it will happen. Cant even grind for the mounts thats locked behind covenants...I have all the time, but cant even do grinds thats locked...

Also right now, as feral druid, convoke-meme is to strong to even consider switching...The balance is way off.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

First time you switch to a new covenant you don't have to wait any resets or do any quests... Next time do some better research before you vomit pointless complaints.

Reset + bar filling quest is only when you want to return to covenant you left.

It is far too easy IMO to swap covenants ... the idea of a covenant is you pick one and stick to it.

Very generous of them to allow free and quick switch to another covenant in case you made a mistake.

Not sure why you are flip flopping ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

i don't mind that it's limited to the weekly reset, bit annoying you have to fill up the bars though.

that it's taking a week extra in your case is just your own fault. be nice if blizz built in a failsafe for that specific situation but let's be honest, it affects very very few people so not something modern blizz wants to spend money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a self inflicted problem when you keep switchin covenants like that, especially since you dont have to do the two weeks things the first time you join a covenant, so you clearly switched back and forth before... or you just making shit up for the sake of making shit up. Pick your poison.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Wanted to swap my Druid to Necrolord for some better attempts at PvP, I was already on the path to go Kyrian from awhile back so had to finish that 100% quest, and now I'm waiting another reset before I can then do the 100% quest for Necrolord, to then wait another week to do the quest again to finally become Necrolord..

Does anyone else find this an extremely irritating system? I have to wait 2 resets before I can start the 40 renown grind as Necro... until then I have to chill as a Kyrian for 2 weeks, yay... I've legit just afk'd my Druid until reset now.
    The first swap doesnt involve gating though, does it? Only if you try to return to one you previously left? I could be wrong, I only switched once early on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Sounds like a self inflicted problem when you keep switchin covenants like that, especially since you dont have to do the two weeks things the first time you join a covenant, so you clearly switched back and forth before... or you just making shit up for the sake of making shit up. Pick your poison.
    Ok so its not just me - that was my understanding too....If you are trying to swap back and forth then yeah, there will be some gating, but i have no issue with that. And these types of systems have been in place since as far back as TBC with Aldor / Scryer or whatever they are called, its been a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is far too easy IMO to swap covenants ... the idea of a covenant is you pick one and stick to it.

Very generous of them to allow free and quick switch to another covenant in case you made a mistake.

Not sure why you are flip flopping ?
    Ya, if anything I would take this stance.
    In an ideal (non-2021?) world you wouldn't even be able to switch.

You can't switch classes by doing a quest right?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

it's almost like we called this crap when this was announced at blizzcon, we gave feedback, and were ignored, and are still being ignored since now the earliest this will change is 9.2. i honestly wish i could love the game but the current team suck hard. i'd recommend just unsubbing until we either get a new team or they get their heads outside of their behinds.

I had a very strong opinion about the covenant swap.
    But today I learned in another Thread here on the forum that the devs are always right .. and that our opinion would only ruin the game. So at the moment I'm very confused to say what I think ... (Ok, just trolling)!!

Serious now: If we want to have a feeling of RP in covenants and if at the same time we can change covenants like we change t-shirts ... it really doesn't make sense and the swap should have a minimum of work ...
    HOWEVER ... who here cares for the RP of this?
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-05-12 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    it's almost like we called this crap when this was announced at blizzcon, we gave feedback, and were ignored, and are still being ignored since now the earliest this will change is 9.2. i honestly wish i could love the game but the current team suck hard. i'd recommend just unsubbing until we either get a new team or they get their heads outside of their behinds.
    "we"? who is "we"? Because even in this thread there are people saying they wish it was even MORE time consuming and 'difficult' to swap covenants, and many people have said the same from day one. Are they part of the "we"?

Or when you say "we" do you actually mean "some people"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

Serious now: If we want to have a feeling of PR in covenants and if at the same time we can change covenants like we change t-shirts ...
    Why would we want to change covenants once a month? /jk. When you say PR do you mean RP? if not, what do you mean by PR?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

just wait until you wanna go from exalted aldor to exalted scryers then come back to me

Just pick the covenant you want and stick with it. Want to experience another covenant, play a alt. Pick whatever covenant is best for your main, use alts to experience the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    just wait until you wanna go from exalted aldor to exalted scryers then come back to me
    Yeah, i mentioned this above - honestly people just dont appreciate how things are much, much more accessible and forgiving than they ever have been, and this is a prime example.

Playing a single Covenant for the entire expansion seems a tad boring... basically ignoring 3/4 of your classes new abilities for the expansion. So I recently rotated through all of them during the content lull ahead of 9.1, did the campaigns, got the mogs, did a few Keys and Raids with each ability... then it dawned on me, the real reason why Covenant switching is so restrictive.

What's the best way to time-gate Transmogs, Mounts and other collectables for players without actually time-gating them? Covenants and Anima.

Swapping back isn't overly difficult. 2 Dungeons per quest (4 in total) then a single daily/rare/treasure to finish it off. The real gripe is that's it's weekly locked. I was racing against the clock this last reset to get the first quest finished by before servers went down because if I didn't I'd be stuck with Necrolord for another week.

Why did you join and leave necro before though? You’re getting gated because you’re not supposed to be moving to a new covenant each day. Pick one and stop jumping around

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Why would we want to change covenants once a month? /jk. When you say PR do you mean RP? if not, what do you mean by PR?
    It is RP. haha.. english is not my first lenguage and sometimes I mess up.

Yeah, i mentioned this above - honestly people just dont appreciate how things are much, much more accessible and forgiving than they ever have been, and this is a prime example.
    I think its because if someone suggested you tie a class spell to a reputation in tbc they would of fired you on the spot rather then entertain your dribble much less actually act on it.

"we"? who is "we"? Because even in this thread there are people saying they wish it was even MORE time consuming and 'difficult' to swap covenants, and many people have said the same from day one. Are they part of the "we"?

Or when you say "we" do you actually mean "some people"?
    Even the ultra casual /r/wow subreddit has started to wake up to covenant locking being stupid as hell. It was stupid when they announced it, it's still stupid now.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Even the ultra casual /r/wow subreddit has started to wake up to covenant locking being stupid as hell. It was stupid when they announced it, it's still stupid now.
    So if they are just now starting to "wake up" that indicates a change of heart, which means they did not agree to begin with. As i said, some people still believe it is too easy now, even in this very thread.

Also i have seen this "ultra casual" term thrown around a lot lately, am I a bit behind the times? What is the difference between a "casual" and an "ultra casual"? Its like those guilds that advertise as "semi hardcore" raid teams - like wtf does that even mean? It always just comes across as "we are not as good as we like to think we are, but want to include the word "hardcore" in our ad". Anyway, thats pretty off topic, just starting to see more and more terms coming out to identify different groups, and im not really sure why they are needed. (not a dig at you at all)
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-12 at 11:21 PM.