Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i haven't had problems finding groups but i have trouble finding people who actually know the affixes...

i just had 3 people run into me during a pride when i was tanking on my dk and put amz up... they all fucking died and then blamed me for "running into them"... i was standing still on my spot since the pride spawned... then they all stacked on the healer when we were waiting for the mist to disappear after mistcaller... and blamed the healer because they all died... i was so tempted to just leave...
    well a lot of people took 2-3 weeks of to enjoy TBC. or in fact a lot of people (me included) took break untill 9.1 off because if you are spaming dungeons at this point you either really enjoy m+ (but if you enjoy m+ you would be doing like 19/20s ) or lack KSM or are masochist

i mean is it really worth the nerves etc to get that extra 1-2 overall itlv before 9.1 lands ? imo it isnt thats why im on break till next tier lands.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well a lot of people took 2-3 weeks of to enjoy TBC. or in fact a lot of people (me included) took break untill 9.1 off because if you are spaming dungeons at this point you either really enjoy m+ (but if you enjoy m+ you would be doing like 19/20s ) or lack KSM or are masochist

i mean is it really worth the nerves etc to get that extra 1-2 overall itlv before 9.1 lands ? imo it isnt thats why im on break till next tier lands.
    i only do higher keys on my priest... staying on max 14 on my other classes... maybe if i had someone that heals that would go with me when i'm tanking i could do higher keys but i seriously don't trust other healers... and at least one dps that i can rely on actually interrupting...

i tend to think the healers in my groups are trying to kill me on my dk due to how they play... because i see no other explanation for their behaviours... fucking random grips from priests... we almost wiped on mistcaller once due to it... i was going to death strike my hp up and then mistcaller starts casting patty cake... the priest just fucking grips me for no reason... i wasn't in range to interrupt the patty cake after grip... same priest then gripped me into the poison push thing on the trash to tredova... luckily i reacted fast enough with pressing death's advance before i got blown away... but what the fuck...

amount of resto druids i've seen using soothe on enraged mobs this week: 1... and that was me playing mine... lol...

not sure if other druids or hunters or rogues even know they can dispel enrage...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-05-21 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Prides are awkwardly difficult and borderline annoying way too often. Not following the golden rule of "don't fucking move when you get targeted" I'd understand for relatively new people, but those with dozens of runs? Also happy times when people decide that any short range AoE stuff like AMZ/healing rain is not for you, nah, better to be blasting from max range and optimally create LoS issues if your fellow ranged class(es) do the same but just towards a different bearing.
    Depends of the group. There is a steady group I run with on discord and is pretty easy since I ran with them over 50 times already. We know how other plays and etc etc. It works out so well we know who use CC, stuns etc etc first senc and when to slow the mobs, when to use pots to bypass certain trash, who shoudl ran out to aggro the mob and died while the rest run pass them and rez him later. Makes life so much easier.

With pugs yea if I got the pride and I don't see people moving or adjusting their position I move. I rather not dps for a bit and move to a save spot then to hit people. I remember in HoA with this pug(well not a pug but a guild run that i hardly run with) the mobs to the 2nd boss that's around the starway you can easily bypass if you use your stealth or invisible pots. So me thinking we will do this use my pots and run straight up the stars. The tank freak out I was like dude use your invisible pots to bypass it. Nope they decided to aggro everything -_- Then on the 2nd boss when I usually do is when you have the stone debuff is have the tank group all the mobs into a corner and the person with the stone debuff move there . But nope this group wanted to tank everything spread out in the center. Me not knowing decided to to the corner when I got the debuff -_-. I feel like is so much easier to run with people I normally run with even then running with my guild. In the end I just left after the run is over.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    I remember in HoA with this pug(well not a pug but a guild run that i hardly run with) the mobs to the 2nd boss that's around the starway you can easily bypass if you use your stealth or invisible pots. So me thinking we will do this use my pots and run straight up the stars. The tank freak out I was like dude use your invisible pots to bypass it.
    you don't even need invis pots to get past that...

Grieveous isn't really a healer only affix, it requires dps / tanks to use defensives (if you see people use a defensive in a pug on a low key, it's usually after they've taken the initial hit..). They don't use health pots either.

Proper defensives, pots and stuff makes grieveous fairly easy to deal with. If anything it's a man's drain more than anything else.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you don't even need invis pots to get past that...
    I use all the time. Coz after you get up the stairs there are 3 mobs to avoid ant least and using invisible pots to by pass them all is so much easier than kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    I use all the time. Coz after you get up the stairs there are 3 mobs to avoid ant least and using invisible pots to by pass them all is so much easier than kill them.
    Different dungeons: you talk about SoA and quoting something about HoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You also don't need invis pots to get by the mobs on the stairs in SoA though

Just need a priest/rogue/DH/Monk

And also he was talking about HoA too
    Last edited by Temp name; 2021-05-22 at 06:04 AM.

Sugarcube got confused by which stairs he was referring to. Must've thought he meant stairs where the 2 gargoyles alternate stone form at the bottom of and not the stairs immediately to the left of Halkias.

I started this thread and I must admit as the week went on I found Grievous quite easy to deal with and the Sanguine got easier after the first couple of days as people got used to it. Also, the Tanks could effect Effectively control where the pools spawned.

This week on the other hand. Quaking is a nightmare. You can’t control when it happens and if it happens in an already movement intensive phase of something (or as I just experienced in PF, when everyone is stacked to avoid insta-death plague crash), it’s just a nervous breakdown. I don’t know how many times I’d move to dodge something, begin casting a heal, then quaking happens and you have to move again. Certain places it’s just impossible. Although I do admit, I have t found it as bad on my resto Druid where you can maintain lots of hots without having to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
    Quaking is a nightmare. You can’t control when it happens and if it happens in an already movement intensive phase
    Quaking has an internal cd of 20+ seconds, just get a weak aura to show when it comes off cd to be prepared.

As the poster above said, using the timer WA simplifies, if not almost trivializes quaking, allowing you to align your casts almost to the moment the interrupt goes off, and to also predict the dodges so you won't be sandwiched between the rest of the group when the oh shit-rumbling begins.
    Getting your party blown can be mitigated by reducing the amount of melee (yay, another way of shafting those poor melee dps) if you have no trust in your group, although without utterly boneheaded people you can still manage very well, even with 2 melee dps in the group.

Grievous punishes you for being behind and Sanguine is another eff you melee mechanic

Could anyone suggest which is the best WA to use for quaking? i see a ton of them, some of the comments in wago suggest some dont work withouth changing things. Anything plug and play?

Grievous/Sanguine are tough for the healer, but as a tank, they are infinitely more annoying (second only to Bolstering, %&$# that).
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yup sorry got it mix up. I don't trust pugs to do it. There are few places that I use my invisible pots as well. After the third boss in if the tank is smart they would LoS the first pack on the mobs right after the third boss in SD up the stairs, 2nd mobs you can the use your invisible pots to bypass them, in NW the after the frist boss just beofre you hit the stars with the mobs that fear you(what I do with the group I ran is with is have 1 person tank usually aggro those mobs have 2 people pick up the spares and use shadowmend or vanish run up the staris and have the healer rez the tank after) Then in ToP there is also a place where you use it as well.

Overall is pretty useful but mostly only works with group you play normally with since most people know what do.

Quaking is a nightmare. You can’t control when it happens
    It happens either 20, 40, or 60 seconds after the last one. You then get what, 3-4 seconds to reposition and stop casting.

Quaking isn't a hard mechanic and if you find it's hard, then that says a whole lot about you.

I don’t know how many times I’d move to dodge something, begin casting a heal, then quaking happens and you have to move again.
    That's on the DPS, they should move. Unless you're a Hpala, in which case you never really hardcast anything anyway, so who cares

- - - Updated - - -

Could anyone suggest which is the best WA to use for quaking? i see a ton of them, some of the comments in wago suggest some dont work withouth changing things. Anything plug and play?
    https://wago.io/affixes should work fine, also includes WAs for the other affixes

I currently use this one though, and have since Legion:
    Code:
    !WA:2!nEv3UTnYvyR1Dta0vjobbjB2cW62eKSnrrXXv7MueKv0wowTouQuYRt21fsdjhjoXuC4odPSDkq3nQ)5(FxHn9bqxw0ReW2haFvVCGrBFas7L9Q8e0Zmd1VbPTeWwdpZ3CMZ)NdZSXsDwYBjVJEWaEeIT3oeVy)tpG4sdRrtyU4mNGsI9PSkrXeAipl7WkTAXXXB(H)Od(NF(clSWquOlSFvkjm2zTsw1lzFIIv20yK8mzwjHfeDz)44i(9U1T2h1MMJqVL5T3mFHIBB9OBDNx5GC3RnJMe6TgnGY(EB(G)YfKpFNxFXI9BrdJ3ia1MZQSD9TkBvsjTnCvNCr4Pphh0sjpIt1ZbXgXZ)vD5tJnFWFx(8p(2B(G)6fLp9wCGhMJItyOyS)XkHxRKpjJzaf5D0zzKqP8fDb7ojbXKS9t44gH4UyMVTBaIZVG48znz0aSCXlL76rA1I4cOpSPjN8m8vD4atcW2a7JpuC(liUCZEsGYnBYqa6dWaFENVUtmkahgl50qjG0TAoyclVQ4D676JcaCTXsE9nAYEgnex2J)w9J6gnHdM8iSRCbttBfTKICvskRfYv6JusnVdLg7xLrBZWCUF0zGlVO3tt4XypS3JiH(dy42a66hgHziWCbgxwm(aWYHhukO72LnSOSoMpJs7uDX85UJTYw6piM6cMkoC0lMPXlSrbr(Of1bCRn2Tn0JWJcqhwg8Mx8To3tM2r84m2k)B2bUG4q7uhU0dY8TALeQe)RD9SgWdPLXoy0EfbjJNRmpnKTsegaye7JdvOKpmmiZHglVs(Lv0WbC84nb2ivUg4WU54qmm2af6nhPC4dIimv8DDsh8SCx(eqDrbW90brcb)UX9)FWGBA8qCSCvQUm6zMxsf7wbuk7At49vmwj)KtHd9Yo6x4VOZot24JOEyZIBxVsVygPDBWRyDvw6YJUCpsmUJfQdoddIBcck75SYQ5xD13p6SYiX24qmJ4wZNUFLWMNmZRhZv)ueCiDXQa7KqsCZEqQv82WkhPVfZmLufRRsrqoCkZrkrnFjpXbsNcJRYWq0UDTQL2AR(kzqjoqgQtsRwQiVnlTv1n2EREsdQKGZ6Lm3EJnmJH19DPDCqXb029svaE2X8UwImt6Kgf32UyJIvRUv5sRpqLcMQqQ1JUt)JLVoYG00wXIbRP4VXw02NWWOGAJLWHJpCzVMMHaj7FqcApmljuDs7yW561Zlr70xUqEf)hzEAAlpcpRI4inRz)KWuFtwz6XtvX7DXRaz(rNfPwxxVV0k(Nx4vqrpmlef8r60TpPpkK0rDHfSH4ow8gclZqOsXjJeKgsZgJJHSop(XyehxlMbLvG2a9KVjLdbXugRbNvqepvSNi40IocItli(J7ppzv5CpgnQC4gmOyT)l5Xe39oC90B0NLwm40dapJTQKc)J7EIdL5HznOQm(3E0R62lRaLAew9b8AYhNURUQFMmzw8LPu6s4eNaCZHPVJ9aRZTnQcLqdgrtwY9TVGWAyArSgWFhDUOLK1YGGbKhD)hRl8SyFfn5)w(kUrNzkeRn5Q1uh315UrNtrb6CsLgFxvxvZIWRVsTHSEUNI4ZprRFprFDzowTVSMlP1HItnGjtBXYYDMwvSkjSyGjqIzGc4un90mgm3dkDqKSa((OdNrJsVI3DHtue3hmf7Wqr92jDXjJ5G0LBAbbjP67uD4hw2YQKDd7YpCZ6toqnWEE3un5XZOjJ8ghDoXpErXNTKH4ZvMmXZf3v0t8te)0Nl(zze)CXPe)cXrqG0Vu8Ru6J4xl(nIF77UG43j(9I)G4le9hOV6TkTrDXxEhXlYi(J(hDEGTrxASpcKggyXBWtxaXLF2YxH)))LgDMnyKNzazUEqWkYOE9zfIHLxRIvd9yoIV8sAPWXhtA7hF)xQQ0AcTz9KPJRuC91NVjk6aFt54kntdVhNIOF1mnZr8f9vd1Wjq1APgVscXBy387uUl)jFaZQy0zM0iC7ipigXjr9ZqLmSPwGy6U78cc)c99On0NX3Mlh1k67wwwSaMaaVBrppa2UJ7EUBv6(yMA5JWEe0U1KNGVlNgIy5OTB3d4MIlnnHAaXx1rZ6dw8RU5nnEeYdB4COX6uOIwmL)nVtH3)dm(W1jCxqlZQBncPCqtXj9R1JwW)KXTjjE)WuI5aSztp2Ow(gRbLFJX1KABAltnaL(dCgoZ90yQRNq5AHKGBySCr767uX(7VS(mk03RgoEDgA)TKnOU2ye3Wy15anItaVZPj(WjeV(CGhhhml8jKN)aQccZcwtAEGAV7SitPLcn7utlOGiNe41mHsDwBa11CVHg7C3MkV)AlRJ5bJcCTGzuvbaEtFsJ3Z4M3(gg5N5OqtvWZOUyiOWv5l07XZcZynw8xjVA8PPjCVnjsdKAgMPHU68qx9ncTW8qlmd0PV97pxW00x3BCVcV(Es1eMYXDKwAqvxFQzx20PkMjB2NgEoXbBClJc5ZoXFmn23dMU7gtBCU(Be4QtdC1)lalmnWc5VU4p1uqZAkBy5VmuPro5ICYsteZHJ7a9RTVDU85Y)kDn(nyWSkQrVQTMDPswPfDiEE4qBRsFe8jGJMby889zg2sEky4cOU6I27lv8V2L0d5NMcfvyMksvMPIKUouks(U1(0eed3yhFyanhOuzls7SWxPjNSa7R)a011Fuh2FiLrGjWudFmyZk2L)4kw1lU1a5ipe9N1oKeQ7yi)yOOlsAhsz40pGOKC8TsmgLXBYoi9ZFFW)(txq(Se3(o5wn3TxQ7F7X)N)

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Quaking isn't a hard mechanic and if you find it's hard, then that says a whole lot about you.
    Exception Mogul Razdunk. Screw that guy on quaking.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

There was a combination of tyran/grievous back in BfA, it was much worse than this.