My take on improving loot in WoW:

I've seen some posts offering suggestions on improving loot, here's my take:
    I'm utilizing this tier's ilvl as an example.

Outdoor content, including world quests, are repeatable and offer i185 loot. Think entry level here.
    Introduce solo-only repeatable world content that unlocks the ability to upgrade i185 loot to i200.
    Introduce weekly locked content that offers the ability to grade i200 to i213.

The idea is to offer a stepping stone into group content, but should never grant gear that is competitive to it. Harder solo content can be unique cosmetically to incentivize participation.

Heroic dungeons are off-lockout and spammable for base i185. Again, think entry level here.
    Mythic dungeons are off lock-out and spammable for i200. Think more challenging. Actually require coordination at early ilvl's.
    Mythic+ dungeons continue to stay off lock-out and drop scaling gear, capping at i213 for +15's. Alternatively, you can use valor points to upgrade gear to a max of i213.
    Mythic+ gear can then be further selectively upgraded to i226 gear from trophies that are dropped from your first completion of a +20 for the week, via a vendor outside of each dungeon.

With the introduction of the new in-game rating system, introduce "PvP-like" ratings with unlockable mounts, titles, and transmog for reaching certain rating. Offer unique titles and mounts for the highest rated players on the server. This incentivizes competition and replayability.

Fucking. Remove. Looking. For. Raid.
    Make normal mode raids off lock-out and spammable for base i200.
    Heroic raid are now off lock-out and are spammable for i213 gear; in addition, valor points are awarded to upgrade i200 to i213.
    Mythic raid continues to stay on lock-out with the chance at receiving 226 gear each week.

PvP unranked gear is earned through honor points, which are grindable via unranked combat and offer i200.
    PvP ranked gear is earned through conquest points, which are grindable via ranked combat and offer i213.
    PvP gear can then be further selectively upgraded to i226 from trophies that are dropped from your first win at 2000 ranking and above per week.

The idea is to give everyone the opportunity to grind the base gear they want through content they want to play. If you want the max ilvl of gear, you have to play the game on the hardest respective difficulty. Remove generalized time-gating and allow players who want to put in more time the ability to get more gear.

I believe that i226 gear should not be significantly stronger than i213. Perhaps a max 10% upgrade, and should be more cosmetic in nature to show off the players accomplishments/skill.
    Last edited by Ahraa; 2021-05-16 at 02:53 PM.

Sorry but LFR will not be removed because it's the way the vast majority of people experience raids and refuse to partake in other difficulties.

Spammable normal and heroic raids? That must be one of the stupidest things I've read here.

Also, your whole post is a suggestion for gearing in 9.0 which ends in like 1-2 months and there already is a new model on ptr 9.1, which offers vastly better open world gearing that goes as high as (almost) heroic raid ilvl.

Feel free to keep whining about this, but it won't change much.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It would be nice if they addressed the low drop rates of shadowlands but I can't see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    It would be nice if they addressed the low drop rates of shadowlands but I can't see that.
    They.. Did though..?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/castle-...-tokens-320945
    m+ has always given the same amount of loot as it does now (except very early in Legion, but that was removed pretty quickly)

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    They.. Did though..?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/castle-...-tokens-320945
    m+ has always given the same amount of loot as it does now (except very early in Legion, but that was removed pretty quickly)
    Maybe it has? I swear mythic plus feels worse then it did in bfa for loot but maybe its just me.

What issue does this solve?

sorry op lfr will never be removed, it's by far the most played mode and it doesn't cause any problem to the others mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post

The idea is to offer a stepping stone into group content, but should never grant gear that is competitive to it.
    The OP is basically all bad takes but this one isn't really any different than how the game is currently constructed and we all know how sucessful thats been this expansion...

5+ Year Old Account
    LFR isn't going to go away anytime soon, OP. Think of something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Loot treadmill is archaic game design. Just get rid of numbers entirely and make gear completely cosmetic. People don't play for the dopamine rush of seeing numbers go up. People play the good content, or for good repeat activities like PvP. GW2 is halfway there; once you hit level 80 there is no more gear treadmill to be had. They haven't added more powerful gear since vanilla. And in FFXIV, the Ultimate raids are level synced so there is no gear farm to prepare for it, and it reward cosmetic gear so there is no power to be earned from it. It's 100% a test of skill in exchange for cosmetics.

If you take away the loot treadmill, will players still play your game? That's entirely dependent on whether or not your game actually has good content. If you have to rely on loot treadmill as a crutch for having a straight up bad game, maybe you should hire better game designers.

What benefit would removing LFR bring?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Sounds good to me. 16 weeks to get a full set of heroic gear would be a good pace for casual gear progression while at the same time not making the raiders feelings get hurt.

It's a bit faster than what FFXIV offers so that could be good from a competitive standpoint. Their system is amazing for casual retention.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Maybe it has? I swear mythic plus feels worse then it did in bfa for loot but maybe its just me.
    They reduced the amount of item drops from 3 (2 not in time) to 2 (1 not in time) and then in 9.0.5 changed it to always 2 but the second item is slightly lower ilvl if not in time.

It IS less loot than before. But it is less loot because we don’t have titanforging and corruptions and all that random bullshit where we need to find the same item dozens of time before we get it in a good version.