Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

I choked on my fish and chips due to laughing at this post. I can't even say you're an LFR hero, cause you're mostly likely the kind of dead weight people have to carry through LFR given you think that Survival can use Bows because of auto attacks or that you can give Ret paladins a 1 hander and shield and get a make shift prot paladin.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, Blizzard do dumb shit for dumb reasons. Nothing new about it, but pretending it isn't the case (like OP) is just dumb.
    Ye trinkets never ever in the entire lifespan of wow were on par if not more valueable than weapons.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    We just ignoring how huntards get not one, but two very unique things to use?
    Hey now, my Beast Cleave button is rather difficult to press, I insist that I now receive not only free armor penetrating AoE from my cloak for merely having an auto attack, I also DEMAND a ranged AoE 5second silence that hits harder than Kill Shot so I may compete with Balance druids.
    I'm clearly entitled to all these things given my high skill cap, allowing my pets to do all my dps for me /s

In all seriousness this is bonkers, I don't even lose secondaries for the bow effect? It could easily take a Legendary slot in some content, holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraenduil View Post
    Ok that's true. They indeed give more int when compared to str-item. But that other statement of yours, you make it sound like it's us players who get to decide which class gets to use items. It's like:" Even though game allows it, we certainly never will!"

Sounds to me like Blizzard should clean their weapon system a little. What use other than RP is there with weapon skill if your abilities don't support it?
    Okay, I honestly think you are trolling now.
    In no content except roleplaying this makes sense, at all. "you can use it, don't cry you don't get an actual weapon".. Like, really?
    So you saying that warriors should run with intellect staffs, too?^^
    As other posters already said: No, you can't simply use ineffective weapontypes in any content with other humans. That's flat out trolling if you do this.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-05-14 at 11:19 PM.

If you just go by "can spec X get a weapon from this boss?" then yeah, it's not a lot of coverage. But if you go by "can spec X get a cool special thing from this boss" then OP is kind of correct.

People shitting on OP and making fun of him are grasping at his wording but fail to see the big picture and the context of the situation. Some of the most iconic items in the game with cool effects have been trinkets, and many of them have eclipsed weapons available in the same tier. Deathbringer's will, Azshara's Font of Power, Mechagon custom trinket, just to name a few.

As for weapon tokens, maybe some people like them but in casual raid runs they just result in a situation where 3/4 of the raid is rolling for one token while tokens for classes that are in the minority get distributed for vendor gold because no one needs them anymore. Weapon tokens made sense in the past where we had the obligatory raids and more even class distribution. Now - not so much so. And I'm saying this as someone who was initially very positive about weapon tokens coming back. The reality has changed my opinion.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Ok i was mistaken about outlaw. Didn't remember Shiv needs one-hander for off-hand. Survival i added because you can use SS and AS if you have a bow. Rest of your examples fall under two cases: specs that don't favor these drop weapons or what you yourself consider weapons. Latter is your freedom as its also mine, and i think shields should count as weapons because they use weapon slot. Former on the other hand is a thing that game allows to happen but players themself restrict. Frost can get it so it should be counted. So we are at 29 specs in total, IMO.

The Survival bit seems disingenuous or perhaps misunderstanding that spec. There is no reason for the spec to use the bow. It can use SS without it, and Arcane Shot is completely laughable. The spec is melee and will not be using the bow or the quiver.

Which I mean. I still don't understand what Blizz thinks they are doing with that spec. But to say a weapon drops for them if you're including the bow as your example just seems wrong.

We just ignoring how huntards get not one, but two very unique things to use?
    A lot of hunters aren't actually looking forward to it since there is a good chance we are going to be balanced with those items in mind. In the event that happens, anyone who doesn't get those drops is SOL. And of course if you don't raid and instead focus on M+ or PVP, then you're assured not to get it.

They are cool and all, but I wouldn't trust Blizz to handle it well tbh.
    Last edited by lazypeon100; 2021-05-14 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ye trinkets never ever in the entire lifespan of wow were on par if not more valueable than weapons.
    Not for a very long time, correct, because they got scared after Legion. And trinkets are less sensitive to this kind of ilevel difference. Not to mention that everybody gets trinkets from the last 2 bosses, so it's not even worth discussing.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    I choked on my fish and chips due to laughing at this post. I can't even say you're an LFR hero, cause you're mostly likely the kind of dead weight people have to carry through LFR given you think that Survival can use Bows because of auto attacks or that you can give Ret paladins a 1 hander and shield and get a make shift prot paladin.
    Truth is actually even more unreal, I don't even have one lvl 60 character at the moment. But let's not start arguing about who has the right to post on this forum,ok?

Now, i don't say that just because you want to have some fun with weird playstyle you must do it in raids or something. I have just been experimenting on what i can get away with on different classes while questing.
    Also, in all honesty survival really can't get bow from sylvanas because game doesn't allow it.
    But i still insist for updated weapon system. At this moment your class abilities decide what weapons you can loot, like rogues or shamans. Then look at blood dk, none of their abilities require a specific weapon. They can execute full rotation with one-hander while Unholy for some reason has restrictions on SS and FS.
    Sorry for ranting. I just want WoW to have clear rules on what is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you just go by "can spec X get a weapon from this boss?" then yeah, it's not a lot of coverage. But if you go by "can spec X get a cool special thing from this boss" then OP is kind of correct.

People shitting on OP and making fun of him are grasping at his wording but fail to see the big picture and the context of the situation. Some of the most iconic items in the game with cool effects have been trinkets, and many of them have eclipsed weapons available in the same tier. Deathbringer's will, Azshara's Font of Power, Mechagon custom trinket, just to name a few.

As for weapon tokens, maybe some people like them but in casual raid runs they just result in a situation where 3/4 of the raid is rolling for one token while tokens for classes that are in the minority get distributed for vendor gold because no one needs them anymore. Weapon tokens made sense in the past where we had the obligatory raids and more even class distribution. Now - not so much so. And I'm saying this as someone who was initially very positive about weapon tokens coming back. The reality has changed my opinion.
    Changing back to weapons just makes that worse. And everybody gets trinkets from the last 2 bosses, as well as trinkets being at a much lower power level post-Legion.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    The Survival bit seems disingenuous or perhaps misunderstanding that spec. There is no reason for the spec to use the bow. It can use SS without it, and Arcane Shot is completely laughable. The spec is melee and will not be using the bow or the quiver.

Which I mean. I still don't understand what Blizz thinks they are doing with that spec. But to say a weapon drops for them if you're including the bow as your example just seems wrong.

A lot of hunters aren't actually looking forward to it since there is a good chance we are going to be balanced with those items in mind. In the event that happens, anyone who doesn't get those drops is SOL. And of course if you don't raid and instead focus on M+ or PVP, then you're assured not to get it.

They are cool and all, but I wouldn't trust Blizz to handle it well tbh.
    I think it's great they added a new legendary weapon drop to the new raid. We haven't had something cool like that in fucking forever.

However, it should be rare as shit to get, just like the last time. Fuck the whiners, it should be a rare sight to see and not some fucking handout where every huntard out there is carrying one around. Also gives the raid something more unique.

My gripe is that it's with two things that are specific for hunters. Like, just why? Even if it is balanced or even undertuned, just why?

Truth is actually even more unreal, I don't even have one lvl 60 character at the moment. But let's not start arguing about who has the right to post on this forum,ok?

Now, i don't say that just because you want to have some fun with weird playstyle you must do it in raids or something. I have just been experimenting on what i can get away with on different classes while questing.
    Also, in all honesty survival really can't get bow from sylvanas because game doesn't allow it.
    But i still insist for updated weapon system. At this moment your class abilities decide what weapons you can loot, like rogues or shamans. Then look at blood dk, none of their abilities require a specific weapon. They can execute full rotation with one-hander while Unholy for some reason has restrictions on SS and FS.
    Sorry for ranting. I just want WoW to have clear rules on what is allowed.
    It does, you're just choosing to ignore it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It does, you're just choosing to ignore it.
    I'm sorry again for bad wording. "Why something is allowed" fits better. Tooltips in game tell you what you can and cannot use. Some of those rules baffle me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It's not like the classes that get max ilvl weapons can also use the trinkets though.
    The trinkets would also have to be to extremely powerful to outweigh the DPS increase you get from a high ilvl weapon (wDPS scaling mainly) even if they were only available for the specs that are left without proper weapons.

Don't worry towards end of 9.1 blizzard will admit it was a mistake and make weapon drops a week before 9.2 hits! Hai

[QUOTE=Thraenduil;53183626]Out of 36 specs, 30 has something that drops and what they in theory can use. I added shields to this because they go to weapon slot./QUOTE]

In theory.

And what about the 6 specs that got nothing? Just fuck them right?

There's no need for Blizzard to cause a pointless disparity between the specs. The system in CN was completely fine. It's just another Blizzard decision that nobody wants and make no sense.

Since Blizzard willfully decided to make the last two bosses drop higher ilev, there's absolutely no fucking reason for uneven drops. Idc how they should handle it, it's a problem they themselves created. If a final two bosses drop trinkets, make it so every spec has a drop here. If final two bosses drop weapons, make it so every spec has a drop here. There's absolutely no reason not to unless they are... idk, stupid? Unaware?

I think it's great they added a new legendary weapon drop to the new raid. We haven't had something cool like that in fucking forever.

However, it should be rare as shit to get, just like the last time. Fuck the whiners, it should be a rare sight to see and not some fucking handout where every huntard out there is carrying one around. Also gives the raid something more unique.

My gripe is that it's with two things that are specific for hunters. Like, just why? Even if it is balanced or even undertuned, just why?
    It can't any won't be... something people struggle to grasp is a legendary isn't some massive jump in power anymore. Hunters are being scaled around the legendary if you don't have it your going to be doing noticeably less then any other class so its going to drop like hotcakes.

There also might as well only be one thing for hunters. No raid is going to take melee hunters unless they are so utterly broken dps wise they top meters by a significant amount. I don't want to make this seem personal but if you think there can be fun wacky items without blizzard breaking a class around them you haven't been paying attention.

So farm 2 pox storms on my monk again