Thread: Classic XP Nerf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I mean, that is a hardcore amount of time investment, but if you aren't hardcore it never mattered.
    Why wouldnt it matter if you arent hardcore? The launch experience, for better or worse, is probably something a lot of people want to take part in

I mean, that is a hardcore amount of time investment, but if you aren't hardcore it never mattered.
    Yeah it was a joke :P It's quite a lot of time required. Although, you could potentially get 58 without an issue spending 1000g on boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why wouldnt it matter if you arent hardcore? The launch experience, for better or worse, is probably something a lot of people want to take part in
    Then put in the hardcore amount of time if you want to both reroll AND play the launch experience. I certainly don't want everyone else to be forced to wait on me like the people saying the prepatch should be longer.

Then put in the hardcore amount of time if you want to both reroll AND play the launch experience. I certainly don't want everyone else to be forced to wait on me like the people saying the prepatch should be longer.
    I am specificly refering this quote

but if you aren't hardcore it never mattered.
    Are you aware how small a % of players actually "hardcore" ? Why would the launch of a new classic expansion only matter to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    You work / do work related things 11 hours a day, 7 days a week? I'd get a better job in that case.
    Get a better job? Tf sort of logic is correlating hours worked per week with the quality of a job / career. Some people commit 100+hours a week towards their livelihood cause it is more meaningful and gratifying than limiting 40 hours a week towards work-study, just so you can have free time to do your dog$hit hobbies with no substance

Thinking of lvling another new alt when pre-patch hits. Not sure if I got brain power for it tho

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I am specificly refering this quote

Are you aware how small a % of players actually "hardcore" ? Why would the launch of a new classic expansion only matter to them?
    Being late to the party only matters to hardcore players who are racing for something. Otherwise you're only cheating yourself by trying to race through the game instead of enjoying it. That is what that quote means.

You said it was about the launch experience. I said I don't expect the people who aren't rerolling to wait for the people who are, and this is me speaking as someone who would be playing a blood elf. If someone really wanted to ensure a launch experience they could have been leveling a character since the announcement of TBC Classic. Only the people rerolling for TBC races would need to be hardcore to make it to 58 in time. 2 weeks for, we'll say, 120 hours 1-60 is over 8 hours/day. It is hardcore to put in that time, and I think it should be.

Being late to the party only matters to hardcore players who are racing for something. Otherwise you're only cheating yourself by trying to race through the game instead of enjoying it. That is what that quote means.

You said it was about the launch experience. I said I don't expect the people who aren't rerolling to wait for the people who are, and this is me speaking as someone who would be playing a blood elf. If someone really wanted to ensure a launch experience they could have been leveling a character since the announcement of TBC Classic. Only the people rerolling for TBC races would need to be hardcore to make it to 58 in time. 2 weeks for, we'll say, 120 hours 1-60 is over 8 hours/day. It is hardcore to put in that time, and I think it should be.
    I am one of the people who would be rerolling a shaman if i had a month. I cant make it with two weeks so i had to pick a different character. I'm not hardcore but i do raid mythic on retail and with the same guild we plan on clearing everything in tbc because its piss easy. I dont see why keeping up with my guildsmates wouldnt matter to me jsut because i dont play 8 hours a day.

I think your logic is deeply flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Ohvul View Post
    Get a better job? Tf sort of logic is correlating hours worked per week with the quality of a job / career. Some people commit 100+hours a week towards their livelihood cause it is more meaningful and gratifying than limiting 40 hours a week towards work-study, just so you can have free time to do your dog$hit hobbies with no substance
    Then one shouldn't complain that they don't have time for said hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    You will still have to no life it if you want to hit 60 before June 1st.
    It's ok I got to level 14 then uninstalled it. Brack was right, I thought I did, but I didn't. I'll stick to the memories.

I will say. Don't rush into buying the new 6 months sub con. You might regret it. ;-)

Remember, fools rush in, where angels fear to tread. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling 1-60 in TBC is far less painful than Classic.

The one grind I'm not looking forward to is the grind to train Outland Flying + Mount. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    XP Nerf in perspective:

A Blood Elf Paladin got to 60 in 14 hours.

Let that sink in a little
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    XP Nerf in perspective:

A Blood Elf Paladin got to 60 in 14 hours.

Let that sink in a little
    Kind of innaccurate. The guy that did that had massive help. Its not like he did it solo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    don't rush into hating it either, you might enjoy the endgame.
    I might give it another go sometime in the future. I know the endgame is good. I started playing during TBC in 2007. It's just the leveling, it's so tedious.

Someone did tell me though that the XP nerfs etc. don't kick in until level 20 and since I'm only level 14, I'm still in classic vanilla mode. Just gotta switch my brain off for a few more levels lol.

Just want to enjoy WoW again.