Thread: Classic XP Nerf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    true, but some have, some have gotten it down to even just over 48 hours.

but again TBC does a LOT.

- - - Updated - - -

20% less exp to level
    up to 40% more exp from quests
    elites are now normal mobs
    you get your mount 10 levels earlier
    new questing hubs means less travel
    better gear from questing

its more then 30%.
    It si damn difficult to do that by yourself, especially without a lot of pre-planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Ok thanks, that's good news. Means I don't have to no-life it to level up.

You can lock this now if you like. Question answered.
    My paladin is midway to lvl 56 atm. I used up my rested XP yesterday, so decided to log him off in IF until next wed. Lots of rested XP and the overall nerf to xp required will take me to 58 with ease. No need to rush for 60 when lvl req for BC is 58.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    So 1-60 in 40 hours, no boosts or such? Cool. I'll hold you to that. My belf hunter better hit 60 before June 1st by playing less than 3 hours a day.
    https://www.speedrun.com/wowclassic/run/z1524dwy
    1-60 solo speedrun, 48 hours.
    https://www.speedrun.com/wowclassic/run/y4w7elqm
    1-60 81 hours, hunter, these are where all the rest of the ones are so yeah, most like top quality players do it in 80 hours.
    with the tbc changes and such it will be likely.

also yeah with only 3 hours a day you can abuse rested EXP to get a fair bit ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

https://www.speedrun.com/wowclassic/run/z1524dwy
    1-60 solo speedrun, 48 hours.
    https://www.speedrun.com/wowclassic/run/y4w7elqm
    1-60 81 hours, hunter, these are where all the rest of the ones are so yeah, most like top quality players do it in 80 hours.
    with the tbc changes and such it will be likely.

also yeah with only 3 hours a day you can abuse rested EXP to get a fair bit ahead.
    I mean...Technically you weren't lying, but it doesn't seem very honest to pull world record speed runs and talk of those times as if it's some currently commonly reachable time. Especially when those people could have been practicing for over a decade in various vanilla pservers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I don't think Mage AoE leveling is easily replicable for most players, because it's naturally limited to a single class, will be more of a pain with the AoE cap (as going oom before mobs die is a legit possibility there) and falls apart the moment anyone competes for mobs.

And frankly, this guy relies heavily on AoE leveling, he even logs out to level other characters while he's waiting for respawn, not even mentioning the ZF solo farms.

And the Hunter relies on what is called Melee weaving, while a solid increase to level, it's a huge pain over the course of multiple hours as you need to pull two mobs, then juggle your ranged auto attack and melee auto attack on the corresponding mob (or run in to melee the mob between auto ranged attacked) this is not something everyone is willing to do.

Personally it took me about 150h to level a character in Classic, with the XP reduction, it'll be around 100h, meaning that it's going to take around 7h/day to hit cap.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-15 at 03:11 PM.

All I know is my record in TBC was 2days 13hours as a paladin to get 1-60. Now, lvl 58-60 takes no time at all because of outland but still. This was a few weeks before WLK prepatch when I decided to reroll Alliance for WLK, which I understand have the same changes with talents, XP and whatnot as the prepatch will.

If you want to you could easily get to 60 before TBC release with just under 5 hours of gametime per day! Not hardcore at all

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean...Technically you weren't lying, but it doesn't seem very honest to pull world record speed runs and talk of those times as if it's some currently commonly reachable time. Especially when those people could have been practicing for over a decade in various vanilla pservers.
    again i was saying
    "People have done it in 80 hours, with TBC making leveling up to 50% faster, i am sure most people can easily do it in 80 hours now"
    Which over 2 weeks is what, 5 hours a day? not "too" much, also this will be made faster by the fact you get rested each day.

again i was saying
    "People have done it in 80 hours, with TBC making leveling up to 50% faster, i am sure most people can easily do it in 80 hours now"
    Which over 2 weeks is what, 5 hours a day? not "too" much, also this will be made faster by the fact you get rested each day.
    But I have 20 kids, 5 wives and 3 donkeys I need to take care of while working 2 jobs and volunteering at the edible kids shelter.

again i was saying
    Let's see...11h for work related things, 8h sleep...Well, lucky me that leaves exactly 5h but zero room for error, such as bathroom, shower, food or any such. Yes, 5 is too much.

Let's see...11h for work related things, 8h sleep...Well, lucky me that leaves exactly 5h but zero room for error, such as bathroom, shower, food or any such. Yes, 5 is too much.
    You work / do work related things 11 hours a day, 7 days a week? I'd get a better job in that case.

Just a quick question. Will they be nerfing the XP required to level in classic with the pre patch. Or are they not bothering now they have boosts to sell?

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere :S
    If you are staying on a Classic realm, no. It's going to stay as it is.

If you are moving to a TBC realm, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick question. Will they be nerfing the XP required to level in classic with the pre patch. Or are they not bothering now they have boosts to sell?

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere :S
    Yes. Prepatch brings with it all the systems changes for BC Classic, including the (generally) 30% overall xp nerf for 11-60 (it's really a little more in-depth than just a 30% nerf to the xp requirements, it's a nerf of different percents to each level and a buff to quest/mob xp for most quests/mobs and it all averages out to leveling about 20-35% faster depending on your class/spec and leveling route).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    20-60 will be much faster (you need less exp per each level) + dungeons quests and avg quests will give you more exp
    1-20 will also be really fast if you are leveling as a Draenei or BElf, or just take your character to their zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    You work / do work related things 11 hours a day, 7 days a week? I'd get a better job in that case.
    Fine, if you needed the clarification: 10 out of the 14 days of prepatch is that schedule. 4 days of weekend is not. Happy?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    yeah even a 9-5 is only 8 hours, the extra 3 where is that from?

- - - Updated - - -

Fine, if you needed the clarification: 10 out of the 14 days of prepatch is that schedule. 4 days of weekend is not. Happy?
    so changing that 11 hours on those 4 days boom banm 44 hours of extra time, meaning even if you only use 15 of those 44 hours you can remove 1.5 hours off that daily 5 hours per day.
    meaning if you play 3.5 hours per day, and then 7 hours on the weekends.

Probably travel, there's a lot of people who are willing to drive 1.5 hrs to work and 1.5 hrs back each day.

Or even a job with a 1 hour lunch, then you're only talking 1 hour of travel each way, which is still too much imo.

- - - Updated - - -

so changing that 11 hours on those 4 days boom banm 44 hours of extra time, meaning even if you only use 15 of those 44 hours you can remove 1.5 hours off that daily 5 hours per day.
    meaning if you play 3.5 hours per day, and then 7 hours on the weekends.
    I know some people may be distanced from reality during the long pandemic and working from home, but here's the kick back to it: Not every profession can be done remotely from home with absolutely zero travel, or hell, preparing for work in the morning in the form of making oneself look presentable. Or creating lunches to take with to work, etc. Also, last I checked, and I checked every work morning; not every non remote job is 9-5. Not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Probably travel, there's a lot of people who are willing to drive 1.5 hrs to work and 1.5 hrs back each day.

Or even a job with a 1 hour lunch, then you're only talking 1 hour of travel each way, which is still too much imo.
    That's presuming people just wake up with clothes on, and proceed right out the door to work. Maybe some do that, but I don't personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't think Mage AoE leveling is easily replicable for most players, because it's naturally limited to a single class, will be more of a pain with the AoE cap (as going oom before mobs die is a legit possibility there) and falls apart the moment anyone competes for mobs.

And frankly, this guy relies heavily on AoE leveling, he even logs out to level other characters while he's waiting for respawn, not even mentioning the ZF solo farms.

And the Hunter relies on what is called Melee weaving, while a solid increase to level, it's a huge pain over the course of multiple hours as you need to pull two mobs, then juggle your ranged auto attack and melee auto attack on the corresponding mob (or run in to melee the mob between auto ranged attacked) this is not something everyone is willing to do.

Personally it took me about 150h to level a character in Classic, with the XP reduction, it'll be around 100h, meaning that it's going to take around 7h/day to hit cap.
    It took me around 150 hours to level my main in Classic too.

However, I played in a PVP server and there were several areas such as Badlands, Searing Gorge, or STV that were complete nuts (full raids of the opposite faction killing everyone in the zone), I got ganked a lot and I did quite a lot of PVP myself.

Furthermore, I did quite a lot of dungeons in an inefficient fashion (building the party with random players, travelling there and so on). And still took me 6 days played...

I think that if I played on a PVE servers and really tried to level as fast as possible I could have made it in 5 days.

With the XP nerf I think that 60-80 hours played might be possible.

70 hours / 14 days = 5 hours a day on average... which is quite a lot of game time but doable if you have little responsabilities besides work
    Last edited by RobertoLarcos; 2021-05-15 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It si damn difficult to do that by yourself, especially without a lot of pre-planning.
    There's a reason altaholics in vanilla and BC had carefully designed levelling paths, and it wasn't because they loved those questlines and zones so very, very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    If you want to you could easily get to 60 before TBC release with just under 5 hours of gametime per day! Not hardcore at all
    I mean, that is a hardcore amount of time investment, but if you aren't hardcore it never mattered.