Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post

Most of the issues people have with WoW are extremely exaggerated (though usually valid). Despite not really agreeing with Blizzards design philosophy, I still have a lot of fun.
    Exactly how I feel as well. I can talk about what WoW does wrong all day long, but I still play it and do it because what it does right, it does really right and thus remains fun. As for other hot takes;

Doom Eternal is the best single-player shooter ever made.

Half-Life 2 is better than Half-Life 1.

Halo has never been a good shooter, in its campaigns at least since IDGAF about its multiplayer.

Dark Souls 3 is the best in the series. DS2 has shit bosses, and DS1's level design is infuriatingly awful in the second half especially.

Saying that as a primarily PC gamer, while 60 FPS is always better of course, I really wouldn't say that going below is that unplayable, at least outside of first-person and driving games. For titles with a third-person or top down perspective for example, the benefits are a lot less pronounced IMO even if still existent.

There's no such thing as a "golden age" of games. Some genres ebb and flow in quality perhaps, but as a whole I can't say there's any period I've experienced where I can say with certainty that the best games where done there for X reason.

Some people claim developers "used to care about gamers" or something along those lines- and that's just nonsense. They were always businesses that cared about money first, save for the vanishingly rare small indie devs that do make stuff purely out of passion. These companies just changed strategies to make money as their audience changed.

When people say "don't put politics in my games", I'm certain they actually mean "don't put politics I disagree with/don't care about in my games". Tons of games have political messages that don't get picked up and raged about because these messages are broadly consensual.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Most of my opinions are against the 'usual consensuses' not sure which one to pick BfA was my fav wow expansion for one, I think that should qualify quite high on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Games are not overpriced.

I hear a lot of this and it always makes me scratch my head after having gotten into golf regularly.
    A golf round, at the absolute least, will be 30some dollars for 18 hours.
    That's 4 hours of entertainment, in which you are rushed to play with the groups surrounding you and fully exposed to weather with no refunds.

Meanwhile, for HALF that I get a full 30 days of access to WoW.

I think anyone who feels like games are overpriced just doesn't have any IRL hobbies.
    WoW definitely is good value for money, but there are countless AAA games that ask 60$ or even 70$ nowadays, and you get like 20 hours of gameplay out of them, sometimes even less. Also, what's overpriced and what's not is highly subjective. It's also worth noting that game prices are more or less the same across the world - I know there are some regional differences, but most of the time they are not significant enough to mitigate differences in wages, and people in some countries make much less than in others. Without getting into too much details and being too specific, with my wage I could only purchase about 10-15 new AAA games per month, and this wage is enough for decent living of my family that consists of 4 people where I'm from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We really, REALLY do not need real life problems and agendas pushing in games.
    I'd love to see both worlds stay separate.
    You cannot have the worlds being separate as long as there is any similarity whatsoever between the setting, the theme, the characters. Everything is political and everything is an agenda.

A game which has muscular white men as main characters is not "staying separate from politics and agendas" it's reinforcing the agenda of these people being the center of everything. It's just that this is the status quo, so you don't see it as political, which it obviously is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Games should be challenging.
    They should definitely have challenging difficulty settings, but they should also have approachable and casual modes for people who don't want to opt into that.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

SSDs in gaming pcs are overrated af

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    They should definitely have challenging difficulty settings, but they should also have approachable and casual modes for people who don't want to opt into that.
    There are plenty of games on the market. People can play the Sims if they want casual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    Now that is one i'm interested to hear why. They're just the next step in the evolution of digital storage and due to the new consoles finally having caught up, will only get better utilized in games going forward (not using them, but i'd guess workload programs already use them better).
    Outside of long term storage or price per TB, there isn't really any reason to use HDDs. Just putting one in an old computer or laptop already makes a very noticably difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Just putting one in an old computer or laptop already makes a very noticably difference.
    Yeah, I'm interested in the explanation for that one as well. I very recently replaced an old ass computer that only had an HDD with a newer that had a SSD, and the difference in load times alone is astonishing.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You cannot have the worlds being separate as long as there is any similarity whatsoever between the setting, the theme, the characters. Everything is political and everything is an agenda.

A game which has muscular white men as main characters is not "staying separate from politics and agendas" it's reinforcing the agenda of these people being the center of everything. It's just that this is the status quo, so you don't see it as political, which it obviously is.
    Thanks for telling me what my opinion should be.
    I TOTALLY do not agree with almost everything from your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    *laughs in 3 second boot times and almost instantaneous load times*

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Now that is one i'm interested to hear why. They're just the next step in the evolution of digital storage and due to the new consoles finally having caught up, will only get better utilized in games going forward (not using them, but i'd guess workload programs already use them better).
    Outside of long term storage or price per TB, there isn't really any reason to use HDDs. Just putting one in an old computer or laptop already makes a very noticably difference.
    Went SSD in 2014. Best upgrade I've made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We really, REALLY do not need real life problems and agendas pushing in games.
    I'd love to see both worlds stay separate.
    You can never seperate the two. Politics of the real world(not specifically government) guides almost all decisions. Almost all media is created to say something. So it will never go away.

Having played every Mass Effect game on release and recently all of them back to back, Andromeda is easily my favorite of the entire lot.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Having played every Mass Effect game on release and recently all of them back to back, Andromeda is easily my favorite of the entire lot.
    It has the best gameplay and driving which really did it for me. Also Drax is hot.

My opinion: Death Stranding is severely underestimated and is in fact a visionary game that made me convinced Hideo Kojima actually knows what he's doing.
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    It has the best gameplay and driving which really did it for me. Also Drax is hot.

My opinion: Death Stranding is severely underestimated and is in fact a visionary game that made me convinced Hideo Kojima actually knows what he's doing.
    Oh yeah, and working at that % really revealed some super interesting backstory which sadly we won't get to follow up on also of note was my first time through I kind of disliked the Asari but on second playthrough I gave her route a go for 'completionism' and actually fell in 'love' with the character x) the game has layers! (imo)

WoW should remove the monthly subscription and start selling stuff like XP boosts, loot rerolls and raid resets in the store.

Controller is more fun than keyboard/mouse.

Bethesda didn’t get enough heat for the mess of Fallout 76, and they got a ton of heat.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Must not have played many. ������
    Played all the mainstream ones. None of them had even near an emotional impact that cyberpunk did.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You can never seperate the two. Politics of the real world(not specifically government) guides almost all decisions. Almost all media is created to say something. So it will never go away.
    Again.
    I do not agree with these words and you can have games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Star citizen is a scam and will never release in the form that has been advertised
    You're are suppose to say something shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    The name of the thread isn't: Tell a blatant lie to try and get a reaction out of people
    Some of the answers I've read kind of makes me think that's how some of these people are treating the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I recently played from 7 to 13 and I agree. 12 was not as bad as I remembered it either, but I only played the original version on the PS1 as a kid not the twice patched version (Zodiac version fixed a lot, and then a remaster on top of that). 13 was as shit as I remembered it being, and so was 13-2.

X-2 was cool though. That creature endgame was pretty immense. Many guides were dusted off on gamefaqs lol.
    I think 13 is my favourite. And 13-2 had super awesome endgame bosses, gilgamesh etc.

I think 13-2 was grindy but I just put my controller on autofire and ran in circles and went to bed lol. In the morning I was rich AF

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Would argue more the N64 just aged REALLY poorly. That entire generation in general aged poorly but the N64 has had the worst end of the ugly stick the entire way. Yeah Nintendo and Rare's games were fantastic for the time but the rest of the N64 was either the literal worst port of a multiconsole game (MK Trilogy being the exception), Shoveware Galore, and Superman.

Of them the only games on the N64 that didn't age like Milk in the hot Florida sun were Mario 64, Doom, MK Trilogy (like I said its DEFINITLY the better port), Banjo, Star Fox,Conker, and Paper Mario. Zelda, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, Smash etc were great for its time but these days...
    I want to add on these games, maybe the best basketball game ever created, Kobe Bryant's Court Side, an excellent Star Wars game that you played a guy like Han Solo i forget its name, Wave Race, Mario Cart, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium plus you could play all Gameboy Pokemon games on TV and i am sure i am forgetting more.

N64 might have not been a giant like Playstation but it had gems that are worth playing even now and have a spot in any gamers Library.