Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Resident Evil 4 stops being good after the middle of the castle. I don't care how many people go "b-but its supposed to be cheesy!" or "b-but the regenerator tho!". The first half is this tense, stressful cross country trek through some spooky woodlands full of monsters in peoples clothing. When it gets to railcars over lava lakes, hanging dragon cannons and a giant robot dwarf built to destroy the castle around it to scare a trespasser on their way out its not resident evil anymore. Its bowser castle and it only gets dumber from there.

The first half is resident evil at its best, the second half is a direct top of the rollercoaster point to the constant series decline till REmake 2 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    FF-X2 wasn't bad.
    I recently played from 7 to 13 and I agree. 12 was not as bad as I remembered it either, but I only played the original version on the PS1 as a kid not the twice patched version (Zodiac version fixed a lot, and then a remaster on top of that). 13 was as shit as I remembered it being, and so was 13-2.

X-2 was cool though. That creature endgame was pretty immense. Many guides were dusted off on gamefaqs lol.

original Borderlands is the best Borderlands.

First Person Shooters have been getting worse since the early to mid 00s. It's pretty much the only genre of gaming that has actively taken steps backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    For about 15 years, Tri-Ace was putting out better games than parent company Square-Enix.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

WoD is wow's 2nd best expac only behind WotLK. Legion is tied for worst with TBC for me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Going back to play D2 again during a lull in WoW I was surprised by how much smaller it was than I remembered. Five acts felt much bigger when you were 16.
    Yep, I think people tend to forget that back in in those days when we was both worse at games and had less access to knowledge games just lasted longer. I didn't know runewords existed in D2 until after a year of playing it. I knew everything that existed in D3 before I played it and sure that's my fault, it's just how I play games now I'm not debating that.

Just saying, D2 did a lot of things right in terms of loot etc. but as you say in terms actual like content it was very lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    My only gripe with the game was it needed one or two more expansions. I just wanted more from it, especially after how RoS improved the game by quite a bit.
    They was planning an expansion but it got scrapped to get going on D4 which I personally think was a good move as I feel some of the features added to the game restricted the experience.

While I enjoyed the game I feel that Paragon damaged it's longevity, the ladder ceased to be a "who is better" scenario and became "who is account sharing/botting to farm RAT runs and reach paragon 6000". Also wasn't a fan of how insane sets were, the scaling was all off. You go T1 > T4 > T16.

It was a good game, it played well and builds felt good but I'm glad they moved towards D4 as I feel the scaling/sets/numbers/Paragon were a lot of things that D3 couldn't really come back from in terms of longevity. Theres a lot of things D3 did right. Abilities, GRs, Gameplay, Bounties, Adventure Mode etc. And I honestly feel if they can learn from what D3 did wrong and take the parts that made D2 great and put all that into D4 it'll be amazing. I'm just afraid that due to the backlash on D3 they'll disregard it completely.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 2021-05-15 at 09:27 PM.

I don't mind DLC for games I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy games are awful. Everyone looks they dipped their heads into candy floss machines, and are generally just ridiculously dumb looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Half-Life 2 is too long.

I really like WC3 Reforged. I think people's overly high expectations, negative reaction to bugs at launch, and "love to hate" attitude towards blizzard warped the public perception of it into "the worst thing imaginable".

When actually it was just WC3 with significantly improved graphics, a few QoL improvements, and some launch issues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sakaguchi leaving Square was the death of Final Fantasy and everything since(non-mmo) has been more or less trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Citizen is a well managed product
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by abracmike View Post
    Star Citizen is a well managed product
    i'm a backer and that's too spicy for me

They're a hedonistic waste of time

...do you just constantly refresh mmochamp between bans to make these posts Chicken Drummer?

The last of us is an overrated series.

There's no difference between 30 and 60 fps.

Soulsbourne games are bullshit.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    The last of us is an overrated series.

Soulsbourne games are bullshit.
    how to spot the poor person^^

OT: All Zelda games suck ass

That game that advertises 10 seconds or faster is a lie. I wish mmorpg creators offered a way for RMTing between players, and it would boost player numbers.

JRPGs are shit. All of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Objectively wrong.

https://www.testufo.com/
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day