Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not viable. You'll get that 4k+ display sooner or later and join the rest of us. And 4k without DLSS and with 1080ti is not possible.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    Price $ 807.0 (1080ti) vs $ 329.0 (3060)
    I'm wondering why you are still wondering?
    Where are you buying a 3060 for 329...?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Where are you buying a 3060 for 329...?
    Wait, you guys don't get cards for MSRP on launch days?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nah, took me 4 months to get my 3080 at msrp.
    Got my 3080 on launch at MSRP. Just drove down to the shop and bought one.

Edit: Same with the Ryzen 9 5900X. Got that on launch day as well.

Proof:

Last edited by Tommi; 2021-05-17 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Not most games, but all games. Making a game that does not run well on said card is a financial suicide, there is yet to be one.
    The Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is RT only. We'll get more as this console generation goes on, mostly for the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    "Total inability to do RT as there is no hardware for it"
    False, 1080ti Can do RT, it just does not do it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Got my 3080 on launch at MSRP. Just drove down to the shop and bought one.

Edit: Same with the Ryzen 9 5900X. Got that on launch day as well.

Proof:[IMttps://i.imgur.com/WKy8ZNw.png[/IMG]

MG]https://i.imgur.com/BgVdkcW.png[/IMG]
    Lmao, over a grand U.S. is well above MSRP of 700 USD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is RT only. We'll get more as this console generation goes on, mostly for the lighting.
    We can all play the regular Metro Exodus. A completely exclusive RTX game is something that may never happen, but it's at least 5 years until someone makes one that won't run without RTX, or the AMD equivalent.

I'm still using a 1080ti does fine for everything I throw at it. I would like RT but that alone doesn't justify an upgrade, more so with prices right now. I have no desire for 4k as 2k is more than enough when using a 27-inch monitor for gaming, nor do I have a desire for a wide screen or larger (i use wide screens at work and love them but hate them for gaming). I figure in another 2-3 years I'll get or build an entirely new system get whatever the latest *80ti card is then.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    1080/1080ti still fine for peasant 1080P or 1440P resolutions.
    Haha, maybe I shouldn't mention that I'm still running a 1080ti at 1680x1050 on 22" monitor with Windows 7 and WoW runs fine.

On the subject of the thread: The 1080Ti is still a good card. It's not as far as something like a 3080 of course, but you absolutely still can run many games at 1400p or above without significant issues.

You could even manage something like MSFS / FS2020 without too many problems. In heavy areas, the CPU becomes the bottleneck - you can run at 640x480 with lowest settings to prove that. Even though I have a 3080, I still generally leave RT disabled in most titles that support it because it's a huge performance hit. Hopefully, we'll see the DX release later this year implement a more performant version that's vendor-agnostic.

Damn that's overpriced. Glad I didn't pay those prices.
    Overpriced? That's not even close to overpriced.

I got my 3080 Ventus OC for £649 (~$920 USD) from the same company because I was able to keep spamming through different 3080's (due to the ones I wanted going out of stock as I hit checkout), and that's what I would consider a normal price. That specific company got a LOT of flak for hiking their prices over the course of the launch day, but looking back, those prices were reasonable by comparison to what we have now.

I'm still on a 3900X, but the price of the 5900X is still roughly the same now as it was back at launch.

The issue is that may well be msrp for their country due to VAT and whatnot. I’m still glad I paid less for both my cpu and 3080(I got a cpu discount of around $100).
    Exactly this. People like to act like prices are normalized across territories, but they're not when you account for country-specific taxes. VAT often isn't calculated into the MSRP pricing, and that's something we have to pay on everything we buy in the UK, unless it's a business purchase. Take away VAT, and you've got something that resembles the MSRP you'd pay in a US store (in a state which doesn't charge tax for purchases). In my case, that would be £540 or around $760... but I can't get it for that price because I have to pay VAT.
    Last edited by C20; 2021-05-25 at 12:12 PM.

And US MSRP is now almost 900$. Tariff’s, meng.

7+ Year Old Account
    1080ti is still perfectly fine unless you want to do RTX. With the exception of ray tracing (which it obviously doesn't have), it's more powerful than the next gen consoles (which are only around the level of the 2060/2060ti). I've had a 1080ti for more than 4 years and I'm still happy with it...I eventually want to get a 3080ti, although by the time they're actually available at MSRP, the 4000 series will probably be out.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2021-05-25 at 02:38 PM.

I upgraded to a 3080 from a 1080ti and in most games that don't use RTX I hardly noticed a difference visually at 1440p. Sure numbers are bigger in benchmarks and fps in games but that 1080ti was able to push frames near to my refresh rate almost every time and rarely dropped below the 60 mark where you start to feel the chop. Truth be told if my kid wasn't on my old 980ti and starting to be in need of a upgrade I probably wouldn't have gotten myself the new card to pass mine 1080ti down to him because I usually hold out for the ti cards (the punk might get lucky if I go for the 3080ti and he gets this 3080 depending on availability and pricing but even then a 1080ti in reserve if something happens is a great feeling).

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesized View Post
    Haha, maybe I shouldn't mention that I'm still running a 1080ti at 1680x1050 on 22" monitor with Windows 7 and WoW runs fine.
    Wow probably won't run fine for long, as GPU drivers for Windows 7 will soon cease, meaning newer games (including Wow expansions, big patches) will eventually break.

Try playing wow at 4k on a 48" OLED (LG CX, CI). Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesized View Post
    I'm pretty sure you still can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have properly activated Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I'm pretty sure you still can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have properly activated Windows 7
    You can, Was forced to finally upgrade my WIN 7 to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    im having no issues with mine.

60+ fps as ultra at 2k np
    2k (2048 x 1080) is not that power hungry resolution, only 10% more pixels than FullHD (1920 x 1080) and even GTX 1080 can run it well.

For tech stuff you're doing well if you pay the same GBP number as the USD price. Most stuff is considerable more expensive here. The last laptop I bought, was going to cost me £900, I went to the US for work and got exactly the same machine for 780USD.

It's incredibly annoying.

Im here still rocking 980ti at 1080p and everythings running smoothly at 10/10 settings :´) I mainly play WoW, LoL and Skyrim so betetr not even needed. Prolly for ES6 il have to upgrade comp....