Make steel trap baseline

Seems dumb its niche suited to survival and makes sense. hate not having it but its on a row where its not as useful as the buff thing.

thoughts?

I'd rather have Mongoose Bite baseline...

Mongoose bite as baseline anyday.

Make Steel Trap, Mongoose Bite, Viper's Venom, Alpha Predator, Nature's Mending, Chakrams and Wildfire Infusion baseline. Only then will Survival begin to be what I'd consider the baseline of what any spec in the game should be.

All of these talents solve problems or failings in the spec's base design. What should have been time spent on iterating on the rework, instead went into time designing the talents, as such the spec feels bad without ALL of its talents and the talents feel bad because they only compensate for the spec rather than accentuating it.

As someone who mains a hunter I still don't get the fascination of wanting to waste a hunter just to do melee DPS when there are FAR better melee DPS classes already. IF they want to keep it as a melee make a tank spec... then the name makes a HELL of a lot more sense and adds another tanking option into the mix. Tanks are something ALWAYS in demand. THAT would make me want to finally try it out.

The thing I hate most about it was that old survival was the most fun hunter spec, if they were determined to make a melee hunter spec it should have been bm because of how pet focused it is anyway. That would also solve the issue that whenever BM is in an ok spot numberwise its just too good being a ranged spec that loses nothing to movement.

I would support steel trap being baseline. It kind of harkens back to the old trap master aspect of sv that was completely abandoned after Legion. Better to lets get a new talent in its place.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Seems dumb its niche suited to survival and makes sense. hate not having it but its on a row where its not as useful as the buff thing.

thoughts?
    Basically all of the Surv. talents should be baseline...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann