Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think it's obvious the launch was hurried. Similar to WC3 where the business people wanted it to launch before ready. Word was that TBC beta had lots of bugs even last month wasn't it.
    Think it's also why only 2 weeks of prepatch. Guided by business people to hit the target launch.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?
    Are you serious? I mean, relax a bit. It is a first time ever, potentially from anyone, doing this.
    Clearly they encounter problems, and they rather fix them before releasing. Isn´t that what we always want? Would you rather they rush it and release it with severe issues?

At this point, they should just call it and say "Sorry, we're not expecting to be up till 7am PDT May 19th", and fix their shit. If they fix it early, keep the servers offline till that time.

These incremental "oh we're delaying another 3/2/1 hours" announced just minutes before the previous time was supposed to be up is just poor decision making.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?
    It's a fucking prepatch dilate pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I don't see how this is any different from OG TBC patches.

On many of those, just like tonight, folks were not raiding.

the same way they test prepatch content during the beta like every other times.

Name a single other time they've ever done what they are doing now ?
    Just ONE other time ever.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again.
    Why would anyone take time off for pre patch in middle of the week? It lasts 2 weeks, better to take day off for Friday so you got longer weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Why would anyone take time off for pre patch in middle of the week? It lasts 2 weeks, better to take day off for Friday so you got longer weekend.
    Not everybody has weekends off? Requesting time off on non-weekend days is typically easier with certain types of jobs? Some jobs are heavily incentivized (extra pay) to work weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Not everybody has weekends off?
    If you want nostalgia for what is out today, you have had months to play it.
    If you want nostalgia for what is coming out in two weeks, then wait until then.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you want nostalgia for what is out today, you have had months to play it.
    If you want nostalgia for what is coming out in two weeks, then wait until then.
    I was answering the question proposed. Don't move the goal posts for someone else.

Plus, some people want to level their Shaman/Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    the same way they test prepatch content during the beta like every other times.

Seems you have no clue how server infrastructure & database works. It`s not ctr+c & ctr+v.
    If you want to play on patchday you have to expect sth. like this ... it happened all the time.
    My god ... wow is so old and it`s playerbase still acts like a stubborn & immature child. Grow up man.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Because, Captain fucking fantastic, the shitstorm that would happen if they Said things would be offline for 12 hours, and they had them back up in 2, and kept them offline would be huge.
    Or the shitstorm if they brought them online early, where spergy whingers like yourself would then demand to have been kept in the loop properly.

They are damned if they do, damned if they don't, so this way, they are being relatively transparent.

The fact you're just responding at high speed to people shows you have bugger all else in your life, and want top whinge over a crappy computer game nearly 2 decades old, so you can have rose-tinted glasses on before whining about how it "isn't the same" because you have a void in your life that isn't fulfilled, is NOT Blizzards fault, but yours.

Grow the feck up, and don;t bother replying to argue, I couldn't give a toss. Sort yourself out, mate.
    You should learn how to read. I said "keep the servers offline even if they fix it early".

But you were too quick to try and fling insults, you missed that bit.

And you're high-speed responding just as much as anyone else. So, what color is the pot again?

K, thx, baaaaiiiii~

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Dont know, that is why I fell sorry for them

OP made this statement.

Let`s be honest, noone should be taking time off from school or work to play a WoW release
    on launch day, there`s plenty of examples to look back on to tell you it`s a massive gamble and a potential waste of time.

It is abit strange that near 2 decades worth of maintaining an online product and they still run into issues like this,
    but it doesn`t matter too much, these things happen, you can either choose to scream your disappointment into the wind,
    or accept it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I was answering the question proposed.
    Incorrect, the question posted related to people wanting to play for nostalgia today.

I was merely point out that nostalgia for Classic has been around for months, and nostalgia for BC is two weeks away.

I hope that addresses your error.

WoD launch was worse. Logging in, standing in a pile of people, doing 2 quests only to get booted off and wait 4 hours to get back in.

lol, wod was on another level, it was like 5 days unplayable

I replied once, couldn't give a fuck after that.

And keeping servers offline? You also missed the fact that when they have to make reports, someone in management would ask "Why did we keep them offline, when we could have had them active? This can affect shareholder confidence and industry confidence in us", which in turn could cost them money.

Had you any form of fucking logic, you would see their rationale. Easier to be open and transparent, and alter time as you go, than lose potential business operating time and get accused of mismanagement.

So yeh, your genius plan would have them also fucked, but seeing as you just want to screech, and have obviously no clue about how business operates in a modern environment, I suggest you fuck off yourself, and work on your life, because it is quite obvious you have jack shit going on.
    Extending the downtime minutes before the previous announced time was to expire doesn't affect confidence?

And I'm really confused about this "screeching" bit. I've yet to fling a single insult, yet you've resorted to multiple. You seem more mad about the overall situation than I am.

"Fucking logic" indeed.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2021-05-19 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Incorrect, the question posted related to people wanting to play for nostalgia today.

I was merely point out that nostalgia for Classic has been around for months, and nostalgia for BC is two weeks away.

I hope that addresses your error.
    The question I responded to was "why would anyone take time off during the weekdays instead of taking a Friday off to have an extended weekend to play".

I answered that question with multiple scenarios.

Try again?

Because, Captain fucking fantastic, the shitstorm that would happen if they Said things would be offline for 12 hours, and they had them back up in 2, and kept them offline would be huge.
    Or the shitstorm if they brought them online early, where spergy whingers like yourself would then demand to have been kept in the loop properly.

They are damned if they do, damned if they don't, so this way, they are being relatively transparent.

The fact you're just responding at high speed to people shows you have bugger all else in your life, and want top whinge over a crappy computer game nearly 2 decades old, so you can have rose-tinted glasses on before whining about how it "isn't the same" because you have a void in your life that isn't fulfilled, is NOT Blizzards fault, but yours.

Grow the feck up, and don;t bother replying to argue, I couldn't give a toss. Sort yourself out, mate.
    Amazon always says it'll take twice or three times the time for items to come into stock. Just 2 weeks ago I ordered ram that says 3-5 weeks to dispatch. It was dispatched in one week and arrives today.
    I'm much happier if they say it takes longer but does it early, than says it's fast but takes a long time. Same with Blizzard.