Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'll give it a few days. disconnected twice within 5 minutes of being in game.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    IM on a server with an hour queue Mankrik, and I haven't dced once or had any lag. It's buttery smooth in Eversong woods. Respawns for quests are very fast as well. Sure it was a rough maintenance, but it's been a smooth launch for me now that I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    the same way they test prepatch content during the beta like every other times.

Yes, because every other patch they've ever done has been this intense and this involved. Every other patch was launching two different versions of each game, with the same characters in both, and everything has to work for both versions. This should be old hat by now.

In other words, go get some cheese to go with your whine, and clam up. Unless you can do better.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?

You've made some really, really bad threads in your time... but this one is especially petty for how dramatic you are trying to make it to be. There is absolutely no way you this is a genuine reaction.

But then I look at your signature and wonder why I bother stating the obvious about you.

You feel sorry for people that took a day off work to play this? I feel sorry for the people sad enough to actually take a day off work to play a video game. I also feel sad for the people delusional enough to NOT expect delays with a project this big and took a day off work fully expecting it to be back up by 9 am CET who now go into work all depressed and butthurt they couldn't no life a game all day!

Oh no! Something new that they never did before, to make sure no player was alienated with being forced on something they didn't want, took 6~ hours longer than initially planned!

Our lives are ruined!

I really hate how easy people get outraged about absolutely minor things on this day and age. Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of deaths due to a pandemic, economies in shambles in the entire world, actual armed conflicts going on, and here we have Mr. Joe Entitled outraged because a game maintenance took a bit longer than planned.

Get. A. Grip.

(Also, it's the prepatch for a 15 year old expansion getting rebooted... big woop!)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean it'd make more sense to take time off for the actual launch. And jt was expected there would be problems with this prepatch launch due to what they had to do. And I'm not preventing anyone from doing so. I just don't see why it would be necessary considering there is plenty of time after work or on weekends to play for those 2 weeks.
    The tone of your first comment was very different, that what you are saying now. It is not necessary, people just want to level their palas/shamans, and many people don't have enough time after work to cap a char in 13 days.

Are you serious or just not smart.

This is NOT a normal prepatch. They literally had to create and copy over two seperate versions of the game each toon had to be gone through 1 by 1 to make sure both could be compatible with either version.

I know you can not be that intelligent if you do not undetstand a simple thing like how difficult it is to do what they did.

Do everyone a favour and be quiet before you hurt yourself.

15+ Year Old Account

You didn't read the blue post on the problems they had did you? It was an issue with the transfer of data, not something they could do in beta.

Well, probably for WotLK they will have premium realms where they focus on those realms first and you get shorter down time. For the low cost of $89.99 a Tuesday (Wednesday EU) you can play on these premium realms before anyone else. If you manage to pay all 52 Tuesdays (Wednesday EU) in a yearly cycle you will alway be rewarded the Spectral Tiger mount and a random collector edition pet for both retail and all classic realms! More mounts will be added yearly! Don't be surprised, but the usual suspects will be lined up in the streets in full support of this. After all, Blizzard is a corporation and corporations are people too. If you got to miss rent a month then you got to miss rent a month. This is a few hours extra play time. Mounts and pets for being consistent! Don't be the person that looks poor in your guild because we got rich people investing in the company that delivers very little to nothing a quarter that need a whole lot more so we at Blizzard can get more, again, for very little or nothing being delievered!