Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone frustrated regarding the PS5 Situation?

It's going to be a year soon when PS5 was officially launched, and still I am having problems in regards to PS5 purchase.

I am starting to give up..

Quote Originally Posted by dominatedd View Post
    It's going to be a year soon when PS5 was officially launched, and still I am having problems in regards to PS5 purchase.

Won one through a lottery, as did my son. I guess there’s nothing else to do, but keep signing up for buy lotteries.

Well won the right to buy one, as sick as that sounds

at this point I might as well wait for the pro version to be announced. keep in mind a lot of the shortage has to do with the pandemic happening. so this probably won't be resolved until well into 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    With the lack of new titles a lot of owners aren’t even using the system right now. The first year is usually just bragging rights, but with the pandemic it may take 2 before we start seeing regular releases.
    yeaaaah this year they announced a lot but most of it is still way into 22 or 23.

Yep, shortages will continue into next year.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I managed to preorder mine the day, they opened preorders.
    Mostly only playing AC or returnal for it.

The botters buying up all the inventory within literal seconds of it being released are a huge part of the problem. Sony and the retail outlets could do something about it if they wanted to, but it's clear they couldn't care less, which is very odd.

If these botters are able to resell the consoles at twice the price, why doesn't Sony just charge twice the price in the first place and keep the profit for themselves instead of letting the botters make it?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The botters buying up all the inventory within literal seconds of it being released are a huge part of the problem. Sony and the retail outlets could do something about it if they wanted to, but it's clear they couldn't care less, which is very odd.

If these botters are able to resell the consoles at twice the price, why doesn't Sony just charge twice the price in the first place and keep the profit for themselves instead of letting the botters make it?
    I think the geriatrics in charge over there are just not up to date on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post

yup when walmart sells out in about a split second even though you managed to get the item in your cart.... sony can go fuck themselves with all these retailers.

I gave up buying one for myself and then one for my daughter when she said she wanted one.

its bullshit there should be a waiting list at all these major retailers that can prevent people slambotting their way into 20 of them. They could then limit purchases by household.

but of course they don't care they get their money either way and you get stuck buying a huge marked up item on ebay/amazon
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Nope. I do not buy products that companies make "limited edition" or only pre-order availability.
    Granted this is a supply chain issue. Makes me wonder if it's not a self-inflicted (done on purpose) manufacturing issue to drive the supply/demand curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dominatedd View Post

Not really frustrated overall but I am annoyed about the scalpers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting on pro version, I don't fuck with basic consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Nope. I do not buy products that companies make "limited edition" or only pre-order availability.
    Granted this is a supply chain issue. Makes me wonder if it's not a self-inflicted (done on purpose) manufacturing issue to drive the supply/demand curve.
    if that was the idea then it was a real dumb one considering a bunch of scalpers are the ones selling them for double the price.

7+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I thought maybe we were at the PS6 for some reason. I haven't had a PlayStation in a long time but maybe I'll grab one eventually unless there is a different way to play the new FF7 games.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-17 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only try to get one from Sony, they have the best system in place. The PS5 version of games are great, Returnal and R&C are amazing. They aren't going anywhere though. Horizon and God of War will also be on the PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Theres no limited edition or anything though. Theres a global silicon shortage.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Only try to get one from Sony, they have the best system in place. The PS5 version of games are great, Returnal and R&C are amazing. They aren't going anywhere though. Horizon and God of War will also be on the PS4.

Theres no limited edition or anything though. Theres a global silicon shortage.
    What was their excuse before the silicon shortage?

they screwed themselves by creating manipulated demand and now that there is a shortage its amplified how bad it is. I hope it hits their bottom line hard
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    What was their excuse before the silicon shortage?

they screwed themselves by creating manipulated demand and now that there is a shortage its amplified how bad it is. I hope it hits their bottom line hard
    Silicone shortage started before the PS5 launched. Consoles are also sold at a lost so I'm sure it works out for them. It's also the fastest selling console in US history despite the shortage. I know people say they tried to create artificial demand but I'm not sure since it's not like Sony ever struggled with selling boxes.

--
    Google is your friend

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-i...u-cant-buy-one

The haptic feedback/adaptive triggers on the PS5 controller, makes it feel truly next gen tho. Games like returnal and heck WRC 9 are incredible with adaptive triggers. Others like shooting a bow in AC Valhalla could deffo use some more work.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-18 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    --
    The Series X is impacted by the same exact shortage so I'm not what you're getting at. Both consoles are fine machines. The Series X has better service, you can can't beat the value of Game Pass. The PS5 has better hardware and software, imo. Even Microsoft has acknowledged that the DualSense is an amazing controller and will likely come out with a new controller for the Series X.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-18 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because Sony opted to not join in on cross-play for Borderlands 3 because they wanted Gearbox Software to pay them $ based on how many people play Borderlands 3 online on PlayStation. Fuck Sony.

Just kidding-- I'm in the same boat but not frustrated. I'll get a PS5 eventually.