Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Classic was a twice in a lifetime experience. TBC is great but doesn't have anywhere near the same impact that Vanilla did.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Despite the prepatch release WoW seems to be pretty low on the twitch popularity list. How does this compare to when Classic launched?

Just 65.7 K viewers right now for example.
    why the f should anyone care about what game does "good" on twitch? It says NOTHING about a games quality...fk twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    why the f should anyone care about what game does "good" on twitch? It says NOTHING about a games quality...fk twitch.
    Becouse we all know a game is judged if its good or not after how many people who watch it on Twitch instead of playing it themself.

viewers always come and go with what's popular. not surprising wow is not popular when both retail and classic are in a content draught. no doubt it'll flare up again next month.

i imagine a lot of people are like me: watch streams when there is something new and exciting going on, and just watch the occasional highlight clip on youtube when there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Maybe Asmongold should play while in a hot tub.
    i second this. play into that twitch meta.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

I didn't realize Twitch had much to do with gaming anymore. I thought it was all hot tub streams, body painting, bending over infront of the camera and "accidental" wardrobe malfunctions.

The only thing I've ever seen come from Twitch that made me care was that super positive and humble streamer called Broxh I think, and even that like the rest deals with wood

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Wow isn't a great metric for popularity by counting viewers via Twitch since it's simply not a real fun game to watch people play. FPS action like Call of Duty or Fortnite, creative games like Minecraft, or GTA RP, and many other games are enjoyable to watch. But wow just doesn't lend itself well to viewing. Sometimes it will get big viewer counts when popular streamers like Soda get on, but those are viewers that will watch whatever he plays. Even streamers with big viewer counts say on stream they don't like to play wow on stream because it kills their views.

We all kind of already know wow's #'s are down quite a bit and that Shadowlands has had it's issues. The 'hate watch' hand wringing hoping to be the one to finally find proof of it's demise isn't helpful though.

Also, about 5% of Twitch is the soft-core pron hot tub streams etc. The rest is gaming (about 80%), and the rest RP, travel, etc. The hot tub meta has helped some mediocre blog sites write a lot of lazy secondhand news articles though giving people who have never or barely used it the wrong impression though that it is all it is.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-05-25 at 05:05 PM.

WoW on twitch is pretty much dominated by like 5-10 people from what I can tell. Once you get outside that bubble the numbers drop quick. I doubt it has much to do with the game itself and more with personalities that people want to see (love them or hate them it is how I see it). Because these people can stream themselves just chatting, WoW, mass effect, or a souls games they seem to be doing about the same. So when these people are streaming and are streaming WoW then WoW is doing pretty good at that time. When they aren't then it is a pretty dead space. Not to mention when what is there to really watch in the game? Retail is about the same thing you have seen for 6+ months. TBC pre patch is just the tail end of Classic WoW. Then top it off with WoW not being the most insanely entertaining game to watch to begin with outside of short lasting specific moments.

compare launches. comparing prepatch to launch is apples and oranges

Despite the prepatch release WoW seems to be pretty low on the twitch popularity list. How does this compare to when Classic launched?

Heavens who cares? Wow is not particular "streamable" outside of the comp stuff like mythic+ WFR and PvP.
    Asmongold found niche for himself by... well being him. He found his audience who is also... like him...

But most of the time it is really boring to watch like most MMOs.

Top streamers are always games where something is actually happening. Mobas, Cardgames, Shooter. Stuff like that.
    The fact that Wow is still so far up there always suprises me tbh.

Also it will skyrocket come next week. For max. a week then it will die down again.

Edit: Right now it is at 90k which is allright
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-05-25 at 06:05 PM.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    dead game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

WoW is cyclical.
    New patch then downtime - New expansion then downtime.
    But now they have 2 games so twice the amount of "highs".

Twitch, where simps pay people to be their virtual friend/boyfriend/girlfriend.

Better not say that shit out loud. The Fanboys will become pissed as hell. Like how dare you say something negative about wow.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    WoW is very very very boring to watch on Twitch btw. But that really doesn't mean much.
    How is the game going to be successful if it isn't engaging? Where will the hype be?

How is the game going to be successful if it isn't engaging? Where will the hype be?
    Why the hell does the game needs to be popular on twitch to be popular? Video games are made to by played, not to be watched. Sure some games does extremely well on the streaming side (aka.. LoL). But a game that doesn't have a lot of viewer doesn't mean it's a bad game. Finally, WoW is still by far the most watched MMORPG on twitch. You need to compared games in the same genre. Trying to compare MMORPG viewership against MOBA is pointless.
    Last edited by Semihagez; 2021-05-26 at 01:39 AM.

mmo's are just not fun to watch,wow is still leagues above any other mmo on twitch,heck even hearthstone has more views than the next watched mmo lol

Like you said, pre-patch has released and everyone is playing Classic - which is an absolute snorefest to watch, so no wonder it's dead currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Everyone is playing Classic which is a snorefest so no wonder it's dead currently.
    its still always more watched than retail,unless there is a world first or an asmon stream,those fanatics follow him not the game he plays anyways

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe...I did actually watch the mythic dungeon invitational ...or whatever that was called. For the first time watching anything "e-sports". I did enjoy some of the competing runs...but then two weeks later it is..like the same teams competing..and again..and again.

So yeah..watchable once, not bothering again.

Maybe with a voice over narration of some good team clearing a mythic raid? But just watching ppl play (even worse with some music over it)? No thanks
    That's probably the biggest problem with wow e-sports

its only entertaining to people who already play wow..otherwise its just "Hey look at...this? I guess?" Hell the bigger wow streamers are less about "Look at this game" and more "Listen to me TALK about the game"