Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Vanilla is like a graveyard now. This after years and years of people either playing illegally on private servers (because it was so much more fun than retail) and/or demanding that Vanilla be re-released. I for sure thought they would play Vanilla forever. I guess 2 years was enough to satisfy the decade-long controversy.
    Maybe, just maaaaaaaaybe, they are playing wow classic BC and run around in the old world still and quest/level? These people didnt choose for BC to launch and they didnt choose that alot of people move to BC. Its only natural that most people move over to the BC servers, if they are going to play BC or not.

The good thing about BC is that the old world is still intact and you can go back there anytime for whatever reason. You can also keep on leveling characters in the old world.

When it comes to raids etc - Blizzard gotta restart classic realms for people to return. That worked on illegal versions of classic, it will probably work this time to.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-05-28 at 09:44 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla is like a graveyard now

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    exept in the case of private servers tbc has been among the least popular of the pre cata ones,some people rly dislike flying or the feel of outlands,they like azeroth etc,no the issue is that the classic andys ADORE resets/fresh,so if vanila isnt getting a reset,then tbc is the next best thing for them
    Except in the case of private servers, Wrath is the most popular expansion which has flying and LFG tool.... Odd huh?

Wrath is going to be the most popular classic server by farrrrr.

I'm actually quite mad at the community. I never played vanilla, and wanted to have this ultimate character who was mad equipped.

I don't like this reset of all achievements when a new addon starts. Imagine playing a game where your save is just deleted every 12 months.

I logged in today in OG and was literally alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    I'm actually quite mad at the community. I never played vanilla, and wanted to have this ultimate character who was mad equipped.

I don't like this reset of all achievements when a new addon starts. Imagine playing a game where your save is just deleted every 12 months.

You should be mad at Blizzard, they ask money from people to have their characters in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post

If blizz would actually combine servers I think there would still be enough players for a couple servers to exist, plus some fresh restart servers would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are old or dead already.

Sheeps follow their shepherd ...

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    If blizz would actually combine servers I think there would still be enough players for a couple servers to exist, plus some fresh restart servers would be good.
    Yes, I think that's the only way. Just make one classic server and that's it. It's obvious now that classic is dead after BC launched. Either they merge or disable it entirely. I will sure as hell not pay for a server transfer if one of the other servers end up being at least half decent. Blizzard has had already enough of my cash.

No wonder Blizz lost a few thousand players after all of it

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    You should be mad at Blizzard, they ask money from people to have their characters in both games.
    Yea that also annoys the hell out of me. What a disgusting money grab for literally no effort on their side. They had to copy the characters anyway. This is just a fee to unlock the char.

It's almost if TBC is literally just a better Vanilla. Why would anyone play Vanilla when TBC exists

But when WOTLK Classic comes out it'll be TBC that gets turned into a ghost town while Vanilla will thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Vanilla is like a graveyard now. This after years and years of people either playing illegally on private servers (because it was so much more fun than retail) and/or demanding that Vanilla be re-released. I for sure thought they would play Vanilla forever. I guess 2 years was enough to satisfy the decade-long controversy.
    It has always been about going where the fresh servers are. No one wants to stay on old servers indefinitely. It's all about he journey, not the destination.

Vanilla is now a graveyard because Naxxramas is released and most of the raiding guilds have cleared it several times. There's nothing more to play for, is there? As soon as fresh servers are released people are back, no matter if TBC is out or not.

This is something all the private server devs know very well but Blizzard, for some reason, struggles to get a grasp on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Except in the case of private servers, Wrath is the most popular expansion which has flying and LFG tool.... Odd huh?

Wrath is going to be the most popular classic server by farrrrr.
    yeah i know wrath is the most popular,its made for the kiddos,its the same reason fortnite is popular

If Classic (Vanilla) actually got fresh content, made with the same game design sensibilities, I would never touch TBC. We are just starved for something fresh. TBC is certainly a step towards retail, but its still tolerable

People just want to play where their friends are

Classic has and always sucked ass. Almost all the "purists" never even played it and just watched pvp videos and self inserted. Most of them are like in their early 20s right now, how can anyone take them seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I wonder how big the influx to Classic would be if they suddenly allowed appearances/mounts from then to become part of people's collections on Live.
    I cooooould finally get all those missing Scholo sets! Oh boy. That'd be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah i know wrath is the most popular,its made for the kiddos,its the same reason fortnite is popular
    Or maybe... Just maybe... It's because its Fun? Remember that thing called fun? Before you hardcore bad ass players took all the fun away from the game...

They got what they wanted, another playthrough of vanilla. Now they get to experience tbc again too.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB