Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meurik View Post
    Not gonna quote the entirety of your verbal diarrhea, but you don't suppose there are visitors from other states, or even countries to these Blizzcon events? Just because California has decided to open up things now, and many are getting vaccinated, doesn't mean everyone has been vaccinated, and likely won't be before November of this year...

There is no real need to have Blizzcon in person, when Blizzcon Online works just fine. And actually reaches a far wider audience, since even people who can't attend "in person" can take part in Blizzcon.
    You conveniently stopped the quote before I mentioned that it was an idiot idea. I cannot further engage with your type because you have selective arguing. Cherry pickers gonna cherry pick. Come back when you can handle yourself properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Sounds like they have nothing worth showing, or they'd do an online one again.
    There we go. People are catching on. This is the crux of the issue: Blizzard has nothing to show and are avoiding being a gaming embarrassment... Oh wait, they already are.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    God I hope not. I only want WoW to crush enough to necessitate a FFXIV style redemption arc. I don't want it to literally die.
    I sure hope so. I love WoW, and I really don't want to see it die. Maybe we'll get a WoW 2?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    There we go. People are catching on. This is the crux of the issue: Blizzard has nothing to show and are avoiding being a gaming embarrassment... Oh wait, they already are.
    Having nothing to show has never stopped them in the past. Stop pushing conspiracies just because you can't understand they want to be safe at the tail end of the pandemic in the country. There also would be plenty of stuff to show for WoW, which has always been the main driver, by November since they would be working on patch 9.2, and could even talk about the next expansion if they wanted to.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I wonder how long the mods are allowing this. Even if anti-vaxxer propaganda is not against the official rules, there should be a limit to how many crazies we accomodate.
    Stop virtue signalling Wang.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I will never understand all these beta traitors to this great country who are opposed to individual choice and liberty.
    dont blizzard employees have their freedom? they are free to choose NOT TO endanger their lives and lives of their customers, and they practiced this freedom, so you should support that choice, right? after all, all they do is use their freedom...

and sorry but no, when your choice can kill someone else you SHOULD NOT have it, unless they agree to it, otherwise you take away THEIR freedom...

as for car crashes, i know why they end up that way, that was just analogy...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-05-27 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There also would be plenty of stuff to show for WoW, which has always been the main driver, by November since they would be working on patch 9.2, and could even talk about the next expansion if they wanted to.

Yea im gonna have to go with no. Look at the state of WoW atm. Classic TBC is their only viable product.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea im gonna have to go with no. Look at the state of WoW atm. Classic TBC is their only viable product.
    Your personal belief of viable or not does not change that 9.2 and the next expansion are topics that could be discussed during a Blizzcon in November if it was going to happen. Are you that caught up in hating on Blizzard that you deny reality?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which they didn't do because of the pandemic. They would have the same amount of time as any other Blizzcon if they didn't have to factor in the pandemic and its related concerns. They care choosing not to have the event because of what you deemed the "nanny state".
    They outright swaid they didn't have the time top put it together. Now you are trying to spin it to git your narrative and once again youa re being dishonest by misrepresenting my words and not know what a nanny state actually is. Since you are going to continue to be disingenuous, spin my words, and other dishonesty, we are done here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    dont blizzard employees have their freedom? they are free to choose NOT TO endanger their lives and lives of their customers, and they practiced this freedom, so you should support that choice, right? after all, all they do is use their freedom...

and sorry but no, when your choice can kill someone else you SHOULD NOT have it, unless they agree to it, otherwise you take away THEIR freedom...

as for car crashes, i know why they end up that way, that was just analogy...
    Who made you sole abriter of what people should and should not have?" Nobody. You do not have the right to dictate other peoples lives. You area also a massive hypocrite and you are trying to take away my freedom by trying to dictate my life, but accuse others of taking away freedom. But thanks for reminding of us of your 100% support for totalitarianism and nanny states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Bro, you act like someone is putting a gun to peoples head and MAKING them go. People should be able to choose what they do, and if Blizz wants to enforce restrictions - such as masks, social distancing and even only vaccinated people allowed to attend, the absolute could. I will never understand all these beta traitors to this great country who are opposed to individual choice and liberty.

And the reason drunk drivers survive crashes is a) the safest place to be in a car is the drivers seat and b) intoxicated people are typically relaxed at the time of collision and as a result suffer less trauma than someone who tenses up.
    DON't bother wasting your time. They are part of a group that wants to control your entire life and every movement.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how long the mods are allowing this. Even if anti-vaxxer propaganda is not against the official rules, there should be a limit to how many crazies we accomodate.
    People have the right to voice their opinion. If you cannot handle dissenting opinion, you are free to leave. Stop trying to dictate which opinions are allowed.

The latest quarterly says hello. You people are delusional beyond compare.

A whole bunch of negative nellies posting here. Come on MMO-Champ. Turn off comments for this one.

I don't care if you are a vaxxer or anti-vaxxer. GTFO and stop polluting MMO-C!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Probably a few reasons:

The first is the amount of logistics involved in hosting it in another part of the country. Similar to why they've only hosted it near company HQ literally every year.
    Correct. NO real viable alternative.

The second is that a physical Blizzcon would still impact international fans/partners. Just because the US has become relatively relaxed in restrictions outside of a few pockets of the country, doesn't mean that that's the case worldwide.
    International partners can watch it virtually. To take that into account, you do similar to what the NFL did with the Super Bowl and reduce the number of tickets to sell. A more limited fan gathering. Cut it down to 50% or 25%. TEH impact internationally is not a deal breaker.

The third is for sake of PR. They'd probably be condemned by the sizable portion of people if they tried to go through with it. Given the leanings of the games industry, I could see them going particularly hard on it. Personal opinions on the political subtexts aside, I can see where their decision came from.
    The NBA, NHL, and MLB have already allowed fans in rising numbers and have faced no PR issues. In fact, it is being praised for getting fans back into arenas. IF Blizz were to do a 25% of normal attendance BlizzCon, for example, any PR hit would minimal to almost nothing.

Finally, another potential reason is that general cynicism and general fan disconnect of Blizzard could lead to more blunders with live audiences. The "Don't you guys have phones" incident feels like more of a symptom of this than a true one-off.
    You are stretching one joke way too far. The pro sports leagues have not had blunders with bringing fans back, so I don't see that as a dealbreaker either.

That said, even a reduced attendance event would be difficult logistics wise to put on, so it is best to save the money and all the planning, have a virtual one in early 2022 and then prepare for a full attendance BlizzCon in late 2022. It makes the most economic sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woofpup View Post
    A whole bunch of negative nellies posting here. Come on MMO-Champ. Turn off comments for this one.
    I do agree that this thread should be closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I sure hope so. I love WoW, and I really don't want to see it die. Maybe we'll get a WoW 2?
    They aren't going to do a WoW2. It would be a massive failure. Nobody is going to give up characters that they spent years on to start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The latest quarterly says hello. You people are delusional beyond compare.
    Not sure Candy Crush and CoD are Blizzard games. But it was interesting to hear WoW losing a quarter of it's subs during Covid when everyone is literally sat at home doing nothing.

Stellar quarterly report for WoW and Blizzard with no Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 in sight, and those 2 unreleased games already look weak to their competitor's Path of Exile and Valorant.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2021-05-27 at 09:26 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Stop virtue signalling Wang.
    No I won't. If you guys have the right to spew anti-vaxx hogwash publicly. I also have the right to call you as bad as nazis publicly. That's the good thing about 'muh rights. Don't like it? Go to an undemocratic state that WILL force you to vaccinate. And not with Pfizer either.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Not sure Candy Crush and CoD are Blizzard games. But it was interesting to hear WoW losing a quarter of it's subs during Covid when everyone is literally sat at home doing nothing.

Stellar quarterly report for WoW and Blizzard with no Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 in sight, and those 2 unreleased games already look weak to their competitor's Path of Exile and Valorant.
    They do not release official subs, so how anyone can have access to such numbers is beyond me. Let me guess, it's in fact NOT from an official source, but rather 3rd party sources.

That being said, they're making a fuckton of money off the title. That's a far fucking ways away from it not being viable compared to TBC, which hasn't come out yet.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...re-2000-322172

For those not sure what to google for.

If MMO-C was to be believed, this game has L I T E R A L L Y been dead since 2009, never made money or seen playerbase growth since WoD, and the company is on its knees due to SL. Oh, and BFA was to be a "final nail in the coffin".

Simply untrue shit. I say this as someone H A T I N G SL and thus no longer giving them my money.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-05-27 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

Candy Crush and Call of Duty are not Blizzard games. Those are Activision titles.

AS for hte sub thing, you shouldn't be surprised. There was the pre-expansion drought, and now you have a drought while waiting for 9.1. The numbers reflect those two things.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Follow them right off the cliff baaaaaahhhh
    you know. if you have no interest in Blizzard no one is hopefully forcing you to stick around.
    like, are you okay? do you need a hug? need validation that you exist?

I personally think it really shitty they are not doing anything, it worrisome. I would rather take a shitty blizzcon over none, for it atleast an insight into what they are doing.
    Like, will overwatch 2 ever come out? What about blizzard news, will 9.1 Even be out by then? what is the plan for 10.0
    got anything new that is not mobile games?
    - yeaa... i think it shitty

No I won't. If you guys have the right to spew anti-vaxx hogwash publicly. I also have the right to call you as bad as nazis publicly. That's the good thing about 'muh rights. Don't like it? Go to an undemocratic state that WILL force you to vaccinate. And not with Pfizer either.
    Tbf, seeing what he's written, I'd say you're doing nothing but speaking the truth.

He literally came in swinging with the "Jewish conspiracy"-talking points and uses every buzzphrase from the far-right, self-proclaimed Alpha Males. I'd report and move on, honestly. Although anyone talking against him and his ilk deserves a pat on the back for doing so, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    you know. if you have no interest in Blizzard no one is hopefully forcing you to stick around.
    like, are you okay? do you need a hug? need validation that you exist?

I personally think it really shitty they are not doing anything, it worrisome. I would rather take a shitty blizzcon over none, for it atleast an insight into what they are doing.
    Like, will overwatch 2 ever come out? What about blizzard news, will 9.1 Even be out by then? what is the plan for 10.0
    got anything new that is not mobile games?
    - yeaa... i think it shitty
    The Pandemic has been shitty for many of us. Lives have been lost.

Not getting a Convention about the products of a gaming company seems benign, like a disappointment people should be able to handle. Although, as they said, they'll likely hold an event such as the latest BlizzcOnline... Which wasn't all that fun, but it did at least showcase stuff.

I'm willing to bet that 10.0 will be severely delayed due to this entire shitshow anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tbf, seeing what he's written, I'd say you're doing nothing but speaking the truth.

He literally came in swinging with the "Jewish conspiracy"-talking points and uses every buzzphrase from the far-right, self-proclaimed Alpha Males. I'd report and move on, honestly. Although anyone talking against him and his ilk deserves a pat on the back for doing so, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

The Pandemic has been shitty for many of us. Lives have been lost.

Not getting a Convention about the products of a gaming company seems benign, like a disappointment people should be able to handle. Although, as they said, they'll likely hold an event such as the latest BlizzcOnline... Which wasn't all that fun, but it did at least showcase stuff.

I'm willing to bet that 10.0 will be severely delayed due to this entire shitshow anyways...
    The guy literally said anyone who chooses not to vaccinate should be exterminated. Love how that shit straight from Marxism that is extremely terrifying, since the western world is going in that direction, especially here in Canada's Trudeau government... is perfectly fine.Wangping is speaking nothing but the truth! but I say few far-right buzzwords and agree with people's freedom to choose to take the vaxx or not take the vaxx is where we are drawing the line and report worthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Atleast I agree with that. You would prefer me to be exterminated which is far worse than just having a laugh and calling you out

Listen here. First Off I'm many decades older than 12. Furthermore you should have gleaned that by my words and grammar used in my post not just the one line of "we all die one day."

Point being, since you want me to spell it out for you is this. We all die one day, not saying there is no point to trying to save yourself but that people act like dieing these days is optional. You can take care of yourself and get hit by a car or killed in a crash. Sure you take care of yourself anyhow because we are all obsessed with control and want to feel we have some small degree of influence in the length and breath of our lives. Meanwhile there are people who live to be over a hundred who smoked cigarettes most of their lives. You do the best you can for as long as you can. That's all. But when a virus has a 99.8 percent survival rate there is no justification to shut down societies and force people to distance and change their lives just so 0.02 % of people who would have died anyhow can survive. The worldwide death toll didn't increase at all during the pandemic. The people that did die, in all honesty likely would have died regardless.
    Now if there is a 12 year old who would sit here and take the time to clearly articulate his thoughts and opinion in a non aggressive way such as I have I would take a hundred of them to one person who just chooses to spout nonsense with nary an original thought in their head.