Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

    First of all, affixes that happen randomly in order to make run more annoying is bad design. It's just a hamstring. Volcanic, Quaking, Explosive, Storming.
    Volcanic and quaking are non-affixes. You don't even have to really change anything when playing with them active.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Second, affixes that punishes you for doing something makes more sense, however they are still not best design. Overflowing, Sanguine, Necrotic, Raging, Grevious, Bursting, Bolstering.
    Overflowing doesn't make sense at all. I killed the tank more times than I can count in Legion because my serenity crit healed with guardian spirit up. Even more fun if they just healed themselves up to full and I crit healed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Third category is actual mechanic affixes - here we start with finally some good designs, Reaping, Prideful, Awakened
    All of them are awful.

  2. #142
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I don't really care about that...a 15 is still easy no matter how you slice it but running each mythic twice or running them all on +24 seems a bit much.
    However, the goal of the system is that you don't need to run it that way. You could opt to run Fortified keys at +16 then do a lower than +15 run on the tyrannical weeks.

    Or alternatively, let's say you just absolutely hate X dungeon. You could in theory do a much lower key on that (hated) dungeon and gain the difference from doing keys that you do enjoy at the higher level.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Not even remotely true.
    But tyrannical is just a shitty affix that's still way harder than fortified.
    Oh, it’s indeed true to an extent, since dungeons have always the same layout and the same pack compositions and positions.

    Instead of making them fun by varying the layout and the packs compositions and positions Diablo style, we are forced to run the same 8 maps forever. The seasonal affix may be fun… if it would not last 6 months minimum, that makes it boring after one month.

    I almost reached KSM by only pugging, but I completely stopped dungeoning since 20 days or so because I got totally bored and exhausted. 5 months of the same dungeons with difficulty being only given by more hps and more damage from mobs have been enough.

  4. #144
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Third category is actual mechanic affixes - here we start with finally some good designs, Reaping, Prideful, Awakened
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    All of them are awful.
    I dunno reaping was heavily weighted to class which could AoE burst. Awakened removed shroud/pots usage by allowing more freedom to skip around as necessary.

    Prideful is the first seasonal affix that provides a buff to the point where the community adopted the strategies to pull trash in such a way to get Pride buff for bosses (especially Tyrannical weeks).

    Better than infested or the beguiling seasonal affix.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I dunno reaping was heavily weighted to class which could AoE burst.
    I stopped playing a healer in season 2, I only started healing again in season 3 because every fucking reaping I got killed because tanks or dps never reacted fast enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Awakened removed shroud/pots usage by allowing more freedom to skip around as necessary.
    Awakened made me have to start tanking if I wanted to do dungeons or there would be trash who put the portal so we'd pull 3-4 packs when going out. Absolute trash affix. I wanted to heal but if I healed, the tank was completely trash most of the time.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2021-06-04 at 09:15 PM.

  6. #146
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I stopped playing a healer in season 2, I only started healing again in season 3 because every fucking reaping I got killed because tanks or dps never reacted fast enough.

    Awakened made me have to start tanking if I wanted to do dungeons or there would be trash who put the portal so we'd pull 3-4 packs when going out. Absolute trash affix. I wanted to heal but if I healed, the tank was completely trash most of the time.
    So then it's not the affix that's the issue but rather your luck (or bad luck as it were) with playing with less skillful players. That doesn't mean that the affixes are bad.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    So then it's not the affix that's the issue but rather your luck (or bad luck as it were) with playing with less skillful players. That doesn't mean that the affixes are bad.
    Has nothing to do with luck. The majority of the player-base are completely trash at playing the game.

    It works out fine when playing with a premade but as soon as you don't play with a premade, you can't play the game unless you occupy the tank role with affixes like pride or awakened.

    Even then, if you tank, people can screw your route up because they don't know how to walk without pulling extra mobs with pride or with awakened, they kill the mob before you're where it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2021-06-04 at 09:33 PM.

  8. #148
    The concept is nice. At least more people will be active during tyran week. I dont really care about the rewards though.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Volcanic and quaking are non-affixes. You don't even have to really change anything when playing with them active.
    And where did I say anything about changing playstyle here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Overflowing doesn't make sense at all. I killed the tank more times than I can count in Legion because my serenity crit healed with guardian spirit up. Even more fun if they just healed themselves up to full and I crit healed.
    Cool, again: makes more sense. Your personal anecdotes have nothing to do what category overflowing falls in. Its a punishment affix.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    All of them are awful.
    Your opinion is also irrelevant here. All 3 of those affixes shares the same category, affixes that fundamentally changes the way you play dungeons. And that is a good design. Execution is completely different story, people you play with is yet another story.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  10. #150
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,225
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsdfvh View Post
    The concept is nice. At least more people will be active during tyran week. I dont really care about the rewards though.
    I'm not convinced you will see more people participate to be honest. I think its more ikely you'll get a collective shrug on the part of the player base and mytbic + participation will tank. The reward isn't good enough and the shit to do it just got shittier. I'm sure the people who would already run high keys or run tyrannical will still do so. I'm not sure this will serve to entice more people though.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'm not convinced you will see more people participate to be honest. I think its more ikely you'll get a collective shrug on the part of the player base and mytbic + participation will tank. The reward isn't good enough and the shit to do it just got shittier. I'm sure the people who would already run high keys or run tyrannical will still do so. I'm not sure this will serve to entice more people though.
    I think it will be a even smaller effect... most people do 1 15 a week for loot and then stop. This really just drags out completion time for ksm. I think the 20 portal reward will have larger net effects.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And where did I say anything about changing playstyle here?
    They're not annoying, the only thing you have to do is avoid stuff. That's not hard. Most of the time the volcanic even spawns so you can just stand still and not even move even an inch.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Cool, again: makes more sense. Your personal anecdotes have nothing to do what category overflowing falls in. Its a punishment affix.
    Punishment affix? More like You play the wrong class/spec and your heal to bring people back up will kill them if it crits. It was a non-issue as a resto druid, because you couldn't even get overflowing to a high absorb, it was just impossible. One holy word: serenity crit, especially with guardian spirit and the tank had 300% of that crit heal as healing absorb on himself. You could barely play holy priests during that affix. There is a reason why it was removed.

    Even removing all my crit gear, there was still a low chance that I would kill the tank every time I used serenity.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Your opinion is also irrelevant here.
    As is yours then. Because that's all it was, your opinion.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2021-06-05 at 06:55 AM.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    They're not annoying, the only thing you have to do is avoid stuff. That's not hard. Most of the time the volcanic even spawns so you can just stand still and not even move even an inch. .
    Nobody said anything about affixes being hard, what are you even talking about? Dude you completely missed the point.



    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Punishment affix? More like You play the wrong class/spec and your heal to bring people back up will kill them if it crits. It was a non-issue as a resto druid, because you couldn't even get overflowing to a high absorb, it was just impossible. One holy word: serenity crit, especially with guardian spirit and the tank had 300% of that crit heal as healing absorb on himself. You could barely play holy priests during that affix. There is a reason why it was removed.

    Even removing all my crit gear, there was still a low chance that I would kill the tank every time I used serenity.
    Yes it is a punishment affix. The fact you managed to kill people has nothing to do with it. And the fact you can't discern between design and execution is your fault. Because nobody here is talking about execution.


    In short: your posts has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nobody said anything about affixes being hard, what are you even talking about? Dude you completely missed the point.




    Yes it is a punishment affix. The fact you managed to kill people has nothing to do with it. And the fact you can't discern between design and execution is your fault. Because nobody here is talking about execution.


    In short: your posts has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
    It is more telling how you can't see the problem between the two... covenants for example were designed because blizzard after 15 years still hasn't the faintest idea on what its community wants even when said community is screaming at them. So design wise it was to give each player a more personalized feeling...

    In execution it was 95% of the class making the right choice or being benched.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    It is more telling how you can't see the problem between the two... covenants for example were designed because blizzard after 15 years still hasn't the faintest idea on what its community wants even when said community is screaming at them. So design wise it was to give each player a more personalized feeling...

    In execution it was 95% of the class making the right choice or being benched.
    Because there is no problem with covenants. If you want power, you chose power. Covenants are not assigned at random.
    And dont even bring covenants into this discussion as its not related in any way.

    If you do not understand the difference between design and execution then we have nothing to talk about.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  16. #156
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If you do not understand the difference between design and execution then we have nothing to talk about.
    there is no difference...

  17. #157
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,357
    Still of the opinion the whole thing is a joke with the timers... Should've left that to the speedrun communities and let players have their fun slogging through +40 all day with a team of tanks and healers if they wanted to.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    there is no difference...
    You don't sincerely believe that, right? You don't think things can be better on paper or that plans sometimes have to change?

    I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're able to use common sense and that you're just doing that thing that starts with a T.

  19. #159
    Warchief Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You don't sincerely believe that, right? You don't think things can be better on paper or that plans sometimes have to change?

    I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're able to use common sense and that you're just doing that thing that starts with a T.
    if i'm going to make a chair with 4 legs it doesn't suddenly end up with 3 legs when i start making it... if it ends up with 3 legs then that's because i changed my mind about the design on it... not execution... they are both tied together... execution follows design...

    you can't detach execution from design as if it's separate....
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-06-07 at 12:10 PM.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    It is more telling how you can't see the problem between the two... covenants for example were designed because blizzard after 15 years still hasn't the faintest idea on what its community wants even when said community is screaming at them. So design wise it was to give each player a more personalized feeling...

    In execution it was 95% of the class making the right choice or being benched.
    Why aren't you willing to provide a reliable source for you claim?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    if i'm going to make a chair with 4 legs it doesn't suddenly end up with 3 legs when i start making it... if it ends up with 3 legs then that's because i changed my mind about the design on it... not execution... they are both tied together...
    Wait... so you actually think that because something didn't happen once that nothing else can happen either?

    Ok, so chair didnt magically end up with missing legs (nice hyperbolic comparison there btw). Guess that means your saw blade will never break. Guess that means your wood supplier can never be delayed. Guess that means no one can possibly hit a pole near your shop and cause a power outage. Guess that means there cant be a road closure on your way home forcing you to take a different route.

    Do you see how fucking idiot your argument is?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •