Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would probably rewrite everything starting from WOTLK. Remove having DK's available at 58, remove the nonsense about arthas having his humanity, 'there must always be a LK', and goldens retcons of getting rid of Ner'Zhul. Have the LK fight be a world first fight where the champions end up dying and opening up the scourge faction and no deus ex machina with tirion, having him stuck in an ice block. Have a 'rescue Tirion' quest/raid maybe. Once the scourge faction has been unlocked people can choose the necromancer/DK/Dark mage/Acolyte classes to start from. Also having plagued version of the world could be an interesting idea, with some kind of mechanic that generates cool pvp between the three factions? (disabling this on non pvp servers)

Then instead of deathwing in cataclysm, I would introduce another legion expansion, maybe have medivh mysteriously appear and you follow his questline only to find out he was Sargeras and you have accidently ressurected him etc.. I feel like Blizzard could have had alot more to work with story-wise if they removed all the 'good' prevails over 'evil' stuff and stuck to WC3's tone.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was trying to back to the point the lore was fucked up, but it was all the way back in TBC so let's go with:

We are still fightin C'Thun, he just put us under his spell.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    2. We've had multiple timelines and Chromie shenanigans since vanilla, though. Remember Darrowshire?
    5. Not sure what you mean about the destruction. The volcano in Ashenvale didn't affect Felwood to my knowledge, when it probably should have due to landslides, earthquakes, and maybe even smoke clouds and pyroclastic flows wrecking the southern part of it.
    2. I remember, but like with the caverns of time that was handled a tad more gracefully by slotting it all into a single timeline again, or so i seem to recall. Less of an issue of "infinite iron hordes vs. one burning legion".
    5. That's exactly what i meant, it should have affected felwood rather than having been odd singular spots of destruction.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

There are many things to fix, but I think the most important one would be WoW not getting derailed for Sylvanas fan fiction after Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I would probably write out all of the pop-culture meme quests in Cata, I feel like they set the stage for the storytelling to come wirh World of Warcraft. Tonally up until Cata WoW did alright, but then they released plants versus zombies, Harrison Ford and The Day Deathwing Came quests that just turned the lore into a joke.

In terms of more "radical" changes? I'd get rid of the Alliance/Horde divide as a whole. 20 years later the faction conflict has done nothibg for the game bar PR, it isn't engaging and it doesn't create meaningful stories.

Oh and playable sethrak
    While I agree with the meme quests in general, Harrison Jones and DEHTA shit was already in WotLK, in Cata they just changed half the zones to have these kinds of plots, see the Rambo plotlines. Before WotLK these quests might have been inspired or vaguely referencing such events, afterwards they became a flat out parody of them. Though admittedly, they dialed it down after MoP; thank god.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'll also put two cents on the idea of redoing the faction system back in Vanilla. Make it so it's not just two cleanly divided sides for the players. Maybe just have it so it's many different factions with a much less restrictive divide. Have the player be a free agent given the choice who to help and let them group up with whoever, with some minor restrictions.

I'd prefer that for the story too so it's not always just a red vs blue thing that makes the mini factions within seem to blend in together too much. Making things too clean cut with one big leader for each of the two sides, has been one of the reasons I was never too into the faction wars stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except a) it's hard to do and b) there's an entire dragon flight specificially for policing it and stopping this kind of thing.

Maybe people need to actually pay attention to the story before they try to change it. Most of you ask for something to be changed that either never happened to begin with, or didn't happen the way it is described.
    Only it's not and the player is asked to do it all the time for completely trivial, silly reasons. Theres even a NPC in many zones that just lets you go back to before whatever event happened there. Not to mention the Bronze dragons lost most of their power in Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While I agree with the meme quests in general, Harrison Jones and DEHTA shit was already in WotLK, in Cata they just changed half the zones to have these kinds of plots, see the Rambo plotlines. Before WotLK these quests might have been inspired or vaguely referencing such events, afterwards they became a flat out parody of them. Though admittedly, they dialed it down after MoP; thank god.
    It's funny though cause I enjoyed the Redridge quests and didn't know it was copy/paste from Rambo. I thought they were original new characters and it was all port of WoW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    2. I remember, but like with the caverns of time that was handled a tad more gracefully by slotting it all into a single timeline again, or so i seem to recall. Less of an issue of "infinite iron hordes vs. one burning legion".
    5. That's exactly what i meant, it should have affected felwood rather than having been odd singular spots of destruction.
    When they first mentioned the multiple timeline thing I likened it to the DC model of their multiverse system. With different worlds and timelines surrounded by the bleed. https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...the-multiverse That's a good way to think of it. Beings of the bleed are not part of, but can interact with, multiple worlds.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Exactly. And also wow forgot that forsaken are from Lordaeron. Orgrim ravaged their lands and bloodelves's. Orcs still butchered lordaeron villages during war3.
    Even if Thrall and darkspear don't want war. A tribe of orcs in a city named after the greatest butcher of azeroth's history tends to send the wrong message.
    And Sylvanas really hated trolls too...
    But heh, that's like what would you do if you won the lottery. Nice for a while then you remember you didn't
    Forsaken forgiving orcs does make sense since they got overfucked by both humans and lich king, starting as neutral and have some race quests in wow classic was enough imo
    however Sylvanas showed hatred toward trolls in her undeath too as we all saw in wc3, so not carrying that to wow was also weird
    but we crying here over spilled milk, no way blizz even care about explain that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    It's funny though cause I enjoyed the Redridge quests and didn't know it was copy/paste from Rambo. I thought they were original new characters and it was all port of WoW lore.
    Especially the redridge one was a bit too corny for my taste. I'd rather watch the Indie parody.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think the only thing i would change is the whole draenor alternate timeline debacle.

I don't even mean the timeline itselve. Just the "Legion and Death encompass every reality" it was not needed in any way and just made every point of lore after that nonsensical.

Maybe i would not have destroyed Teldrassil with the most ridicoulus catapults ever. Use freaking dragons or something.
    And i would have made garrosh more racist in the beginning of cata/Mop so his fall isn't so sudden.
    I would not have killed off VolJin.
    And i would try to come up with any (better) explanation why the alliance is not just blasting oggrimar from the world with their spaceships.

15+ Year Old Account
    dump everything from cata to wod. make legion the xpac after wrath.

Imagine it. We kill the Lich King, and suddenly demons landing all over azeroth. Would fit perfectly!

Even though MoP was fun, I think it would've worked better later on/at the end. Timeless Isle seems kinda like a good way to completely end the game.

I'd change any instance where a character escaped or was brought back when it made more sense just to kill them or keep them dead. Kael'Thas, Illidan, Sylvanas, Garrosh, all of them should have died well before they actually did or should have never been brought back. Kael'thas should have died for good in Tempest Keep. Illidan should have stayed dead after the Black Temple because he was just some angry misguided dude who made a deal with the devil to survive. They rewrote him to be some kind of chosen one destined to destroy the Legion which I thought was stupid because he was proven to somewhat impulsive and selfish his entire life. Sylvanas should have died in BFA at the latest and Garrosh should have died in MoP. They cling to characters to the detriment of the story and a lot of things seem melodramatic or drug out with their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I think the only thing i would change is the whole draenor alternate timeline debacle.

I don't even mean the timeline itselve. Just the "Legion and Death encompass every reality" it was not needed in any way and just made every point of lore after that nonsensical.

Maybe i would not have destroyed Teldrassil with the most ridicoulus catapults ever. Use freaking dragons or something.
    And i would have made garrosh more racist in the beginning of cata/Mop so his fall isn't so sudden.
    I would not have killed off VolJin.
    And i would try to come up with any (better) explanation why the alliance is not just blasting oggrimar from the world with their spaceships.
    They should have had Alleria accidentally destroy Quel'thalas with her void powers corrupting the sunwell. This gives Sylvanas the pretext for war. The vindicaar is now re-charged at the beginning of the WoT, but it's needed first to evacuate the draenei from Azuremsyt Isle. Sylvanas foresees this and sends an agent to sabotage the vindicaar's navigation. It crashes into Teldrassil, consuming it in a massive fireball.
    Boom, now Blizzard no longer feels pressured to update the BC starter zones.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2021-05-31 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling

-WoD: gone completely
    -Ending of the Dragonsoul raid: completely changed
    -Siege of Orgrimmar: almost whole raid changed lorewise
    -Jaina: would go nuclear following Theramore and likely become a big bad at least for 1 raid (likely a small short one)
    -Elune, the Void, and the creation of the Light would largely not be explored in detail to keep them mysterious.
    -Night Elves would stay the same feral mysterious dangerous beings they were in WC3 but still join the Alliance
    -Gnomergan would be reclaimed and become a proper city
    -Garrosh would still be a big bad, but would still be honourable and would have killed whats her face after finding out she caused him to cheat without him knowning
    -Shadowlands would largely not happen lore wise
    -BfA would be an actual faction conflict with the Horde turning on Sylvanas much much sooner, no old god BS
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

I'd get rid of all of time travel and alternative universes BS. That would make WarCraft a so much better and coherent universe.

why is it a problem if a rogue kills too many people in pvp? this is the question that pissed blizzard off. why they felt it so necessary to fuck the rogue over.

- - - Updated - - -

according to blizzard no ninja masters exist or they killed them all starting with rektful.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I would bring back the word "Bitch" in Garrosh's "Shut your clever mouth, bitch" phrase.

Also, in line with that, i'd completely remove the woke character development Blizzard has of lately, speaking about peace, love, hope, friendship and everything cute, sweet and cuddly. It's a Warcraft game, for crying out loud. Stop with the progressive mindset and bring back the vindictive, arrogant, angry and self-centered characters back to light.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    When they first mentioned the multiple timeline thing I likened it to the DC model of their multiverse system. With different worlds and timelines surrounded by the bleed. https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...the-multiverse That's a good way to think of it. Beings of the bleed are not part of, but can interact with, multiple worlds.
    I am unfamiliar with comics and tend to regard them as a convoluted mess, but i will read this and see if it makes sense.

Which is not meant to dispute that it may be exactly what Blizzard borrowed from, given that they're Americans likely drawing from American sources.

Edit: I have seen the map, but it explains very little. Honestly the multiverse thing seems like a poor writer's excuse for not being able to keep the stories straight.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-06-04 at 11:40 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I would remove Sylvanas from the game.